Eddie Jefferson - Psychadelic Sally

Guest MattB

Guest MattB

I know this was on the LP body and soul, what was the 45 on and what was the flip side, also anyone know the year of release?

Thanks

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MattB

I had the impression that was right, i know a few people have this on 45 and it's way out of my league, think i'll be getting the LP for now, very nice record though.

Social source share

I know this was on the LP body and soul, what was the 45 on and what was the flip side, also anyone know the year of release?

Thanks

Horace Silver did a nice (original) version !

Social source share

Jazzman is a 'reissue' label, and to be honest I'm not sure how official any of their releases are.

All Jazzman releases are fully licensed and totally official - on their funk compilations (Florida Funk, Texas Funk, Midwest Funk etc.) each band are tracked down, interviewed and properly preserved for posterity... despite the leanings toward funk, plenty of the back catalogue would appeal to memebers on here. The SAADIA compilation, FANIA, pretty much most of the 12"s (Beloyd, Ellipsis). And nearly forgot the new SOUL45 imprint - Little Beaver, Purple Mundi, Tolbert - all limited to 500 copies, and ALL FULLY LICENSED...

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Horace Silver did a nice (original) version !

I have a copy of the Original Blue Note Horace Silver version for sale - not expensive either! - PM If interested.

Ste.

Social source share

Guest MattB

All Jazzman releases are fully licensed and totally official - on their funk compilations (Florida Funk, Texas Funk, Midwest Funk etc.) each band are tracked down, interviewed and properly preserved for posterity... despite the leanings toward funk, plenty of the back catalogue would appeal to memebers on here. The SAADIA compilation, FANIA, pretty much most of the 12"s (Beloyd, Ellipsis). And nearly forgot the new SOUL45 imprint - Little Beaver, Purple Mundi, Tolbert - all limited to 500 copies, and ALL FULLY LICENSED...

So if i were to buy the jazzman re-issue of this and play it out what would the general concensus be?

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

So if i were to buy the jazzman re-issue of this and play it out what would the general concensus be?

You would get away with it at a Mod do, many do play Jazzman / re-issue stuff, play a re-issue on the Northern scene and you would have vital organs removed and eaten by bitter old Northern boys! :D

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

That you'd be playing a track which anyone else could if they spent a few quid with Jazzman instead of looking for something different to play. Like playing Frank Wilson on the British reissue, time to fetch the tar and feathers. :unsure:

You could always play it off the original LP.

Having said that I have enjoyed quite a lot of the Jazzman stuff. Even if it is only a G away from a top shelf magazine.

Social source share

Guest MattB

I've bought the LP now, and i also got hold of the billy paul version but im not too keen on that.

Thanks for all the help.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I've bought the LP now, and i also got hold of the billy paul version but im not too keen on that.

Thanks for all the help.

Good LP, i've had it over 20 years and i'm still not bored of it!

(Filty McNasty - another superb track on there and my theme tune! laugh.gif )

Ste. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert