Anyone Heard Of Mamas Gun Yet?

I know this may be my first post on the forum but I just wanted to tell you all about a soul / funk band I feel passionately about called Mamas Gun.

Saw them play live at a night called the Lockout a while back and since then I haven't been able to stop preaching about them.

They've been described as "Jamiroquai meets Mark Ronson meets Price" etc, I just wanted to know what you guys thought of them. Bought their single 'Pots of Gold' last week and it's my favorite song of the year so far.

Please note; I'm not some record company bigwig trying to raise the profile of a band most of you might have not heard of before, I just think everyone should at least know this band exist and make up thier own minds.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

soul source test

Guest rachel

Craig, can you please do us an intro in the New Members' Forum  can you also please reduce your signature, a couple of lines with a link is fine, something that takes up half a page isn't! Ta thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I know this may be my first post on the forum but I just wanted to tell you all about a soul / funk band I feel passionately about called Mamas Gun.

Saw them play live at a night called the Lockout a while back and since then I haven't been able to stop preaching about them.

They've been described as "Jamiroquai meets Mark Ronson meets Price" etc, I just wanted to know what you guys thought of them. Bought their single 'Pots of Gold' last week and it's my favorite song of the year so far.

Please note; I'm not some record company bigwig trying to raise the profile of a band most of you might have not heard of before, I just think everyone should at least know this band exist and make up thier own minds.

Actually.. YES!. Sean Livesey is currently doing some work at the Beeb in Manchester and he got a copy of the single last week. I would consider the it to be a crossover sounding track and although its very good for a new release and a great sound, I can't see it doing anything in northern rooms. Maybe an old skool modern spot or a crossover room perhaps. Deffo worth a listen and imagine it was made 35years ago.

Jayne.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!