Wanted - Couple Of Intrumentals Matta Baby/subway Riders

Martint

Keep hearing about how people "don't like instrumentals" etc. so I'm sure this time I'll have no problem getting hold of these two :unsure:

The world again - Honey Townsend on Mala (or the Subway Riders "proper" instrumental at a sensible price i.e. £100 mint for the Subway Riders - I'm told HT is a £30 quid sound or thereabouts - £40 offered for a minter)

Libras really do run it - The south suburban rhythm section nickel (OR The Matta Baby - do the pearl girl at a bargain price ofc)

Can trade for records in my current sales post or pay with good old fashioned cash/cheque/paypal/home grown peas

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Keep hearing about how people "don't like instrumentals" etc. so I'm sure this time I'll have no problem getting hold of these two :unsure:

The world again - Honey Townsend on Mala (or the Subway Riders "proper" instrumental at a sensible price i.e. £100 mint for the Subway Riders - I'm told HT is a £30 quid sound or thereabouts - £40 offered for a minter)

Libras really do run it - The south suburban rhythm section nickel (OR The Matta Baby - do the pearl girl at a bargain price ofc)

Can trade for records in my current sales post or pay with good old fashioned cash/cheque/paypal/home grown peas

Get in Line for The matta baby or the other version - Sold it a couple of years ago and regret it now so I want one back.

Social source share

Keep hearing about how people "don't like instrumentals" etc. so I'm sure this time I'll have no problem getting hold of these two :wicked:

Yes, I've heard that, in the past, as well, I think instrumentals are fine, as I started off, buying 6x6, all those years ago; even have the Comp LP which was devoted to them.

Funny, but I bet you the seller of the '45s your looking for, might not like Intrs, but will try and charge you.........££££

sorry, I don't have any of those, you mention, but Good luck from another fan of instrumentals... :D

Social source share

• 7 months later...

Libras really do run it South Suburan Rhythm Section Nickel 1004

I hate to put a dampener on but it took me 12 yrs to find a replacement for my Libras, I even contacted Richard Pegue who owned the label and he doesn't have a copy very hard record to find I wish you good luck

IMO Libras is far better than Matta Baby due to there being no silly vocals or whistling.

Social source share

Yes, I've heard that, in the past, as well, I think instrumentals are fine, as I started off, buying 6x6, all those years ago; even have the Comp LP which was devoted to them.

Funny, but I bet you the seller of the '45s your looking for, might not like Intrs, but will try and charge you.........££££

sorry, I don't have any of those, you mention, but Good luck from another fan of instrumentals... :wicked:

That L.P called 'After The Session' on Soul Supply???

'After The Session' of couse is the Subway Riders on Moon Shot.

Social source share

Libras really do run it South Suburan Rhythm Section Nickel 1004

I hate to put a dampener on but it took me 12 yrs to find a replacement for my Libras, I even contacted Richard Pegue who owned the label and he doesn't have a copy very hard record to find I wish you good luck

IMO Libras is far better than Matta Baby due to there being no silly vocals or whistling.

heh heh talk about reviving an old thread :wicked: Never did get a Matta or a Libras actually, heyla hola.....

Social source share

two different versions of this, the one youve posted and the other which is an instrumental of laura green,frankie and the classicals, the essex, one version common, the other version not, cant remember how to tell which is which

there's a previous thread somewhere about this, I think it's the New York address credits demo version that has the "proper" northern version (i.e. the Frankie and the Classicals et al instrumental, as is Honey Townsend) - often gets listed with the (relatively) crap "comedy" version..... if it's the "good" version you've got keith then do let me know :boxing:

Social source share

there's a previous thread somewhere about this, I think it's the New York address credits demo version that has the "proper" northern version (i.e. the Frankie and the Classicals et al instrumental, as is Honey Townsend) - often gets listed with the (relatively) crap "comedy" version..... if it's the "good" version you've got keith then do let me know :boxing:

the "relatively" crap version has a great backing, what is it, ?

Social source share

there's a previous thread somewhere about this, I think it's the New York address credits demo version that has the "proper" northern version (i.e. the Frankie and the Classicals et al instrumental, as is Honey Townsend) - often gets listed with the (relatively) crap "comedy" version..... if it's the "good" version you've got keith then do let me know :rolleyes:
no its the one kenny posted up

would be more than 30-00 if it was--demo too

Social source share

there's a previous thread somewhere about this, I think it's the New York address credits demo version that has the "proper" northern version (i.e. the Frankie and the Classicals et al instrumental, as is Honey Townsend) - often gets listed with the (relatively) crap "comedy" version..... if it's the "good" version you've got keith then do let me know :lol:

No address on mine....but has 'After The Session' (the 'proper' instrumental) / Adam (crap comedy with good backing track) Moon Shot 6706

After The Session is actually the 'B' side. My copy has '1967' scribbled on the sleeve.

Social source share

• 15 years later...