The Diplomats - Perfect Love

Davekd

being pretty much a beginner, I've heard a couple of tunes that really like, but can't seem to find much information about (it may just be me being lazy)- label, price etc and wondered if anyone could help me out;

Joanne Garrett - Foolish Me

Baby Washington - It's All Over Bar the Crying

Thanks for the help

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

being pretty much a beginner, I've heard a couple of tunes that really like, but can't seem to find much information about (it may just be me being lazy)- label, price etc and wondered if anyone could help me out;

Thanks for the help

diplomats perfect love was never released except on a kent CD. They later did a slower version of the song that was released on 45 on the 3rd world label, it was titled "sure as the stars shine"

Social source share

Thanks for the help

the diplomats CD is excellant well worth picking up, a terrific group.

recently been playing "honest to goodness" LOUD on the CD. Might try and pick it up on vinyl cheapish.

Social source share

the diplomats CD is excellant well worth picking up, a terrific group.

recently been playing "honest to goodness" LOUD on the CD. Might try and pick it up on vinyl cheapish.

dylan, you would definitely be into the 3rd world "sure as the stars" shine cut if you don't know it, it's a very nice deep sounding sweet soul cut

Social source share

dylan, you would definitely be into the 3rd world "sure as the stars" shine cut if you don't know it, it's a very nice deep sounding sweet soul cut

Picked that up a few years ago. Great record.

this is the x-roads where our tastes meet I think.

Social source share

Thanks guys, just found on another site that the Baby Washington is an album track only as well - hard to believe that such great tunes never made it onto 7"

Dave

thats a thread in its own right "great tracks thare are LP only" but I bet its already been done. There will be endless entries.

Kim Tolliver "I'm loosing the feeling"

Mary Queenie Lyons "we'll cry together"

would be my 2 to start.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert