Brighton Got Soul Allnighter @ Komedia

News on our bank holiday Sunday Northern and rare soul allnighter, Brighton.

After two good years at the Concorde we managed to secure Brightons best venue for an allnighter Sunday 24 August (bank holiday)

Good Dj line-up and large wooden dancefloor and an all night bar will keep the dancers happy.

free daytime event in the afternoon at the Volks on Maderia drive from 1pm.

l_be6322da06867860a2918ca2c766c099.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

News on our bank holiday Sunday Northern and rare soul allnighter, Brighton.

After two good years at the Concorde we managed to secure Brightons best venue for an allnighter Sunday 24 August (bank holiday)

Good Dj line-up and large wooden dancefloor and an all night bar will keep the dancers happy.

free daytime event in the afternoon at the Volks on Maderia drive from 1pm.

l_be6322da06867860a2918ca2c766c099.jpg

Hi Rob

Our hotel was booked 3 months ago doing a week down there so no rush bk for a change ! 8 of us coming down from Nottm. See you soon mate !!

Gary

Sounds like its gonna be a top nite, if the crowd are up for it like they were when i was guesting at the Volks last week, its gonna be banging. On a negative note we have are local do in Bournemouth on the same nite so will be supporting that, any changes though I'll defiantly be coming down.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like its gonna be a top nite, if the crowd are up for it like they were when i was guesting at the Volks last week, its gonna be banging. On a negative note we have are local do in Bournemouth on the same nite so will be supporting that, any changes though I'll defiantly be coming down.

Hi Tim,

Been a belter the last three years and were in a much better venue this year in fact Brightons best venue with massive wooden dancefloor and tip top soundsystem. Catch ya at another Soul nite sometime and good luck with your local dance.

Cheers Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who wants a record bar for the allnighter on the Sunday please pm me.

Cheers Rob

This is not to be confused with the "Brighton Beach" (but not the Brighton Beach club nights) nighter the following weekend. Hmmmm, got an idea for my Summer holiday. A week in Brighton with a nighter at each end. Sounds sweet to me! :lol:

Hey Stevie,

Look forward to meeting ya fella likewise Andy and Mark.

Warren always a pleasure sir.

I think the Komedia will deffo improve the Brighton Got Soul allnighter further.

It's Brightons classiest venue with a huge wooden dance floor and big long bar down one side with freindly staff and cool little booths with seating down the other. Bar open all night to keep the dancers well oiled.

The second room is infinately better than the one we had at the Concorde.

Cheers Rob

• 3 weeks later...
Guest the major

Looking forward to another top nite. 2nd year running I'm giving the Isle of Wight a miss - must be good. Nice to chat to Warren at Blue Skies last night.

Looking forward to another top nite. 2nd year running I'm giving the Isle of Wight a miss - must be good. Nice to chat to Warren at Blue Skies last night.

And to you too, mate. Love Brighton - one of my favs of the year - the sun, the sea, the sand, the soul :lol: . Looking forward to hearing Mr Hacket spin a few and may be able to wrestle a tune off a certain well known and very good looking Brighton dj who seems to have upgraded the prices in his sales box recently :thumbup::ohmy::D .

Looking forward to hearing Mr Hacket spin a few and may be able to wrestle a tune off a certain well known and very good looking Brighton dj who seems to have upgraded the prices in his sales box recently :P:lol::lol: .

:lol:

Oi Boogaloo, hands off me Huns' Review!

Blimey that rhymes!

Simon :D

Guest Caroline Gration

Nice one folks look forward to seeing yopu all.

Good buzz for this at the 100 club last Saturday not long to go now.

Ta Rob

Thrilled at the thought! See you there!

Down by the sea for a bit of the other

Some think Warren is my much much better looking brother

Lets hope for sunshine to go with the soul and no more rain

And no more photos of Simon looking like Kenneth Williams again... ph34r.gif

Let the good times roll... x

Nice but good writing always starts from good editing :D

[quote name='little-stevie' date='Aug 18 08, 09:52 PM' post='843970'

Lets hope we can find some real ale too, but i like good head rolleyes.gif

We've got the best Real Ale pub in the country, The Evening Star, been voted best pub a few times.

Back on topic, here's a few i'm hoping to spin on Sunday night at The Komedia.

Huns Review - Don't make me love you @ Sorro (Especially for Mr Boogaloo!) :g::g: that's of course if Mr Hackett doesn't beat me to it as i know he has a copy.

Blue Jays - Point of view @ Jay

Frank Foster - Harlem Rumble @ Tri-Ode

Chaumonts - Now you're gone @ Bay Sound

Soul City - Cold hearted blues @ Good Time

Nice bit of aggro Soul!

Simon :lol:

Niiiiiiiiiiice set, mate. A few groovers I may lay on the platters are;

Jean Stanback - I you ever needed love - Peacock

Betty Wilson - I'm yours - Dayco

Ray Barretto - Midnight Boogaloo - Cotique

Tommy Smiley - I won't cry

Minnie Jones - Shadow of a memory - Sugar

More laid back groovers

Edited by boogaloo
Guest andyrattigan

Will just be back from Stoke on the Sunday in time for this.

Anyone heading down to Brighton after the Souled Out filming on Saturday or Sunday and have a spare seat? A lift would be greatly appreciated and save me the seven and a half hour bus journey.

Hope to get out and about in my home city this weekend for a bit of a shuffle...

And announcing our next local night at The Globe, Middle Street, Brighton will be on September 20th with me and the wonderful Mr Bridger, plus other special guests to be announced - 8pm - 1am++ and free entry as usual. Quality Northern & 70s soul to get your feet movin'

Bags packed and records sorted for the all nighter. Got a couple of goodies in the post today that I'm itching to play out. Can't wait. Simon, line up a pint of larger for me, will ya. Cheers Warren

Will be a pleasure, Sir!

Simon :thumbup:

Guest Carrie Mehome

Not sure we'll be able to make this now. Really really want to go but so skint and I don't fancy driving all the way there without a drinkie and no hotel. Have a good one.