"1959 Gibson Guitar Has More Than Just 'mojo'

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1959-GIBSON-ES-330TD...id=p3286.c0.m14

Having trouble taking care of business? or just a general feeling that Broadway ain't funky no more? If your babys coming back and you want to sock some lovin' at her then Bobbys thing could be your thing - for onl;y £3000. C'mon don't be so mean, it's a wonderful night for love

etc etc :boxing:

Gibson's are a beautiful guitar anyway, but this one's a bit more special methinks....

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Having trouble taking care of business? or just a general feeling that Broadway ain't funky no more? If your babys coming back and you want to sock some lovin' at her then Bobbys thing could be your thing - for onl;y £3000. C'mon don't be so mean, it's a wonderful night for love

etc etc rolleyes.gif

Gibson's are a beautiful guitar anyway, but this one's a bit more special methinks....

Wow a nice retro Gibson with provenance ! Gibson still make a version of this guitar now called an Es 339, which goes to show how the design has stood the test of time.

Best Regards Ritchie. :lol:

Social source share

Wow a nice retro Gibson with provenance ! Gibson still make a version of this guitar now called an Es 339, which goes to show how the design has stood the test of time.

Best Regards Ritchie. thumbsup.gif

Yep, lovely looking and a great sound I used to play bass in a 60's garage band (The Nicks - we were awful :lol: ) and our guitarist used one of these - sounded awesome fuzzed up!

Social source share

etc etc :D

can you store butties in it? does it a hole with the stringie things going accross to make sliced hard boiled eggs.....mmmmmm could do with one of them guitar wotsits... eating and strumming at the same time.. ok feller.. how much do you want for it?... BIG MICK. :yes:

Social source share

Best Regards Ritchie. :D

Hello Richie,

Yes it's amazing how the design had stood the test of time. Vintage models (or hand-built custom remakes) are very in-demand because you don't get such great tones with modern factory-produced guitars.

My cousin Steve has the same model. He builds custom guitars and amps and repairs vintage models. He's just made me a Fender Precision bass to the original specification ...which is older than I am.

:yes:

Best regards,

Paul

Social source share

etc etc :lol:

That is the first Gibson I have seen that I have liked. You just couldn't play that though - it'd have to be for show.

Most Gibson's / Les Paul's are too bulky & ugly - the bodies are too fat & heavy. Fender Strat / Ibenez are a much nicer shape. But hey, if anyone's got a spare £3k I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.... :ohmy:

(would probably change the pick up's though!) ohmy.gif

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert