Label Designs

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here's a few classics. I always loved the 60s 'look' of these labels. You don't have to listen to know they're 60s, just looking at 'em tells you:

post-1369-1214161096_thumb.jpg

Hey up Dave, did you have to show this fantastic slab of soul music, indeed my all time want, seeing this label scan just reminds me why I love the rare soul scene, it would appear that regardless of how much you are prepared to put up for a copy that copies remain firmly in the collections and don't turn up for sale, I know there was one on the bay about a year ago but it looked absolutely knackered, I did actually buy one about 12 years ago, it looked mint but it had needle burn from start to finish, damn styrene.

Nice one Dave, will speak to you shortly re the Hitsville Weekender, having mega problems trying to sort out a way of getting there.

Best

Alan

Social source share

Hey up Dave, did you have to show this fantastic slab of soul music, indeed my all time want, seeing this label scan just reminds me why I love the rare soul scene, it would appear that regardless of how much you are prepared to put up for a copy that copies remain firmly in the collections and don't turn up for sale, I know there was one on the bay about a year ago but it looked absolutely knackered, I did actually buy one about 12 years ago, it looked mint but it had needle burn from start to finish, damn styrene.

Nice one Dave, will speak to you shortly re the Hitsville Weekender, having mega problems trying to sort out a way of getting there.

Best

Alan

uk red/yellow action.............................nice :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I like Mary Jane, but i've always loved the simplicity of the Port label and those ikkle ships... awwwwww.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

just been reading the thread on motown label designs, and made me think theres some great looking labels wich are your favorites :unsure:

One of my fav's is the Vigor label, But like the Gordy label i think the east coast is nicer than the west coast ones.

vigor_01.bmp east coast

post-4570-1214299963_thumb.png west coast!

Steve J

Social source share

Here are a few of my faves......the Enchantments I think is superb, the colours as vivid as if it were printed yesterday.

And I had to have the Majestics "Just because its your name love" :)

:unsure:

post-7917-1214302395_thumb.jpg

post-7917-1214302412_thumb.jpg

post-7917-1214302430_thumb.jpg

post-7917-1214302445_thumb.jpg

post-7917-1214302464_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!