What Song Does This Remind Me Off

Guest miff

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Keep hering this and I cant make me mind up if it sounds like something ive heard or its just bits of diferant songs all put together its doing my head in

https://www.youtube.com/user/sharleenspiterimusic

Just dig out all your sixties female vocal 7's - flip 'em over & I am sure that is where your answer lies.

Sorry Miss Spiteri in the words of Virgil Henry - "You Ain't Sayin' Nothin' New"

Social source share

Good record though, especially the verses,

the chorus is a bit disappointing but I've heard a lot worsers...

Cry to me ...the start of the tune..off the dirty dancing sound track ..not that I have the DD sound track :wicked:

And why is she trying to look like Amy Wino in the video?????

I also detect a hint of dusty springfield ..nice strings too

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

They have a Northern Soul precedent in that they did a Duffy 11 years ago with the brilliant "Black Eyed Boy" which was a Top 5 record in the UK in Summer '97 and would have been a monster if the Supremes had done it in their heyday!

And, yes, they nick from a few sources which is why their records always sound so naggingly familiar, especially "Say What You Want" which strays very closely to Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" in my view.

Ian D :wicked:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Yep have to agree with you Ian black eyed boy similar to the motown sound

She does have a nice voice

Great song, period Mandy! When these UK acts get the pastiches right they can come very close to a good record. There's a few that hit the mark for me.....

However none better than this one IMO (although I'll get killed for saying it LOL)....

Ian D :wicked:

Social source share

Great song, period Mandy! When these UK acts get the pastiches right they can come very close to a good record. There's a few that hit the mark for me.....

However none better than this one IMO (although I'll get killed for saying it LOL)....

Ian D :(

Heres where the agreement ends Ian !! :lol:

I bloody hate that woman I prefer Duffy ....that'll get me killed :wicked:

Duffy's whole album is quality...but not northern!

Mand :lol:

Ohh poo Winnies reading as we speak!!!

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

Guest john f

Heres where the agreement ends Ian !! laugh.gif

I bloody hate that woman I prefer Duffy ....that'll get me killed :wicked:

Duffy's whole album is quality...but not northern!

Mand :shades:

Ohh poo Winnies reading as we speak!!!

brave lady, but i agree, got the duffy cd for fathers day prezie, thought it was ok first time but more i listen more i like it, my main love is motown so i felt slightly guilty at liking duffy!!

Social source share

brave lady, but i agree, got the duffy cd for fathers day prezie, thought it was ok first time but more i listen more i like it, my main love is motown so i felt slightly guilty at liking duffy!!

John

I admit to buying the "mercy" vinyl I liked duffy's voice welsh warbler style so My hubby bought me the CD

I tried not to like it but it has grown and grown on me..another young lady to watch non N/S is Amy Macdonald very infectious lyrics and tunes go buy the album I guarantee you'll love it

by the way I never liked that tune by tammy and marvin ..too much cheese!!!!! :unsure:

Oh and Ian what about black velvet???same era as black eyed boy

I noticed that stuff that "passes" as N/S out on general release has a very short shelf life unlike the real thing

Mand :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert