Another Exclusive Cover Up Found

Guest spreaderone

Guest spreaderone

after a number of years of Mick H playing his fantasic carla thomas cover up, i have tried every angle to find out what this awsome tune is,and blow me John Manship has lifted the lid on it today puting one up for auction,

turns out to be tut hutton,on the usa label,does anybody know how rare this is ?

spreader

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest meaty

Has anyone ever done a "legal" USA label C.D. compilation??

Des Parker

I got a few nice offers for this 45, well above $1000 US, so I'm assuming it will end around that mark or higher. I added this to the Refosoul player when I made that post, so you can listen to both sides on this site as well.

Social source share

after a number of years of Mick H playing his fantasic carla thomas cover up, i have tried every angle to find out what this awsome tune is,and blow me John Manship has lifted the lid on it today puting one up for auction,

turns out to be tut hutton,on the usa label,does anybody know how rare this is ?

spreader

I don't understand how this was covered up as carla thomas, Tut Sutton is a guy (I'm not doubting you, I'm just surprised). He also had at least one other 45 on Federal, it's not that good (it's as little emmet sutton). He was a local blues guy, probably had some records too that I never noticed.

Social source share

Which side gets played at Northern dances? Must say I prefer the No Appreciation side. On the gender of the cover-up name I can understand why it could be passed off as a female artist as it shares a lot of the flavour of records by contemporaries such as Jo-Ann Garrett or Jackie Ross. Anyhow an interesting record, I'd say, and a very worthwhile recent discovery.

Social source share

Which side gets played at Northern dances? Must say I prefer the No Appreciation side. On the gender of the cover-up name I can understand why it could be passed off as a female artist as it shares a lot of the flavour of records by contemporaries such as Jo-Ann Garrett or Jackie Ross. Anyhow an interesting record, I'd say, and a very worthwhile recent discovery.

The other side Gareth, I Can Feel The Tears.

Des, don't think I've seen an illegal cd of the USA label let alone a legit one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!