The Sonatas

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest CapitolSC

Picked up a copy of this from Reckless record in soho for 20 quid back in 2001.

Sounded ok to me,did some trades with Irish Gregg who i think sold it on.

Who has that copy now?

Al H

Social source share

just got a sonatas " going on down the road" hot line it looks mint but sound quality is a bit down, are they all like this? :thumbsup::ohmy:

Hi. Is there any way anyone can post a recording of the flip of this in refosoul? I would like to hear it. Thanks.

Social source share

They all sound a bit shite. I had one, you have to turn the treble down when you dj it!

Sorry Paul, but that copy was worn out with heavy DJ'ing with crap styli....Fred Krol has a copy and the sound quality is excellent...it's a rare record, and most of the copies have been hammered by DJ's over the years....If you play a record, and you hear a loud hissing down the right hand speaker......it's been played with a bad stylus.....turn the record over...I guarantee the flip will play perfectly...unless it's a great double sider of course....

Phil.

Social source share

Think Pete bought it from Greg. This copy had the clearance sound reproduction of all the copies I've ever heard, but it was still a tad Lo-Fi.

Think they're all like that, Dave.

ph34r.gif

Is that Pete Hullet I thought he got Mick's, Micks was the one used for a CD Err Kent was it or Dave Weldings Souther Sounds Spectacular??

Social source share

• 9 years later...

My Copy is mint but  as previously mentioned plays lo-fi, but hey thats part of the charm of obscure independent labels.

If everything was perfect we'd have nothing to talk about.

My copy was used on the Grapevine cd album "The Northern Soul Of New Orleans" (GVCD 3004) which icluded another much debated poor sound reproduction 45 Elliot Small's I'm A Devil (ABS).

Dave Welding

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert