Quick Lookback - New Century last nite

Mike

Just a quick and fast look back on last nites going ons.

Myself had a most enjoyable time at the New Century Niter last nite. Due to lift up didn't get till late, wasn't packed as much as the last one, while chill area was quieter, didnt seem to have a effect on nite with the main room seeming to be busy through out.

Dj LINE UP on the nite were

KIDDO, MARK BICKNELL, SIMON INGRAM, NIDGE SHAW AND COOKIE, GUY HENNIGAN, KARL RHODES, GARY BELCHER, STEVE THOMAS, MICK H

Sounds wise what heard were along the lines of the last two, a great mix of current floor fillers, fresh plays, and classy revivals

Hopefully will get more detailed plays will follow later from djs

Guy H played track that sounded well good, possibly sound of the nite, but reckon need to hear it again Anglelnos - The Ghetto Beat - cover up, first hear for me and this sounded great first time, west coast group thing memory says a touch of ghettoness and latin tinge.

Voices Incorporated, Joys Of Life, Pat and Neurotics, Divines, Joyce Kennedy, Parisans being a few off top of head own personal enjoyments.

A brief visit to Modern room and seemed to be going well.

Exclusive first time video footage shown on two large screens at front of hall worked well

All sets caught seemed to do the buisness,

Had to leave early, just as Mick h started doing his super sub bit for the final set, Brooks Brothers playing during exit

As said just a quick rushed one, had a most enjoyable time, the . Next one is at end of March

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Have to agree with you Mike, New Century Niter was a super night. All the DJ`s sets were excellent but if I had to pick the best would have to say Steve Thomas.

That I travelled with Steve maybe influenced my decision.

Mike I hope you found what you failed to find last night.

Jean and Colin

Social source share

It was a very good night, a fair pull of younger punters, and a great venue, theres something special about it. Really reminds me of the Derby Assembly Rooms in the early 80's.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert