• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MattB

Thanks for the Scans, very helpful!

I find that the original has so much more flow to it that any of the covers, theres a reggae/ska version too but i found the pronunciation on the lyrics is so slow it detracts away from the feel of the song.

The original could almost be an instrumental, the lyrics are grafted in so well that it seems like they just belong there.

Think i've found a copy now too, thanks for all your help guys.

Matt

Social source share

Guest MattB

If the original backing was used and ray charles vocal that would be incredible, i find the arrangement really cheesey.

Social source share

If the original backing was used and ray charles vocal that would be incredible, i find the arrangement really cheesey.

Agree!..........I bought mine without hearing it, cos uncle Ray could sing a phone book and make it sound good.

Bit dissapointed in the arrangement tho ohmy.gif

:lol:

Social source share

HI,

I THINK THE VERSION ON THIS CD IS A BIT BETTER THAN HIS SOLO.

I HEARD A CLIP ON GOOGLE BUT NOT THE WHOLE TUNE,

JOE.

RAY CHARLES GENIUS & FRIENDS

Additional Information about Genius & Friends [Digipak]

Portions of this page Copyright 1948 - 2008 Muze Inc. All rights reserved.

Track listing

1. All I Want to Do - (with Angie Stone)

2. You Are My Sunshine - (with Chris Isaak)

3. It All Goes by So Fast - (with Mary J. Blige)

4. You Were There - (with Gladys Knight)

5. Imagine - (with Ruben Studdard/The Harlem Gospel Singers)

6. Compared to What - (with Leela James)

7. Big Bad Love - (with Diana Ross)

8. I Will Be There - (with Idina Menzel)

9. Blame It on the Sun - (with George Michael)

10. Touch - (with John Legend)

11. Shout - (with Patti LaBelle/Andrae Crouch Singers)

12. Surrender to Love - (with Laura Pausini)

13. Busted - (with Willie Nelson)

14. America the Beautiful - (with Alicia Keys)

Social source share

Thanks for the Scans, very helpful!

I find that the original has so much more flow to it that any of the covers, theres a reggae/ska version too but i found the pronunciation on the lyrics is so slow it detracts away from the feel of the song.

what do you mean by 'the original'? Roberta Flack's version was the first to be recorded, and the live Eddie Harris and Les McCann version (

) is also very famous. the Mr Floods Party is a pretty obscure version really, it's probably only the Northern scene that knows it...

(the songs's written by Gene McDaniels, btw, although don't think he recorded it)

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

what do you mean by 'the original'? Roberta Flack's version was the first to be recorded, and the live Eddie Harris and Les McCann version (
) is also very famous. the Mr Floods Party is a pretty obscure version really, it's probably only the Northern scene that knows it...

(the songs's written by Gene McDaniels, btw, although don't think he recorded it)

:wicked:

Les McCann & Eddie Harris on 7" Atlantic A-17698 SP Time:-3.13 is the one to play streets ahead of Mr Floods Party IMO.

Steve J

Social source share

GET THE BRIISH RED BULLDOG ISSUE,DIFFERENT VERSION TO THE ITHINK GMT AMERICAN,BETTER QUALITY PRESS AND CHEAPER TOO!!!!

As a matter of interest, the original UK Issue of Mr Floods Party was on UK Ember.

The Bulldog was a reissue, put out to satisfy 'Northern' demand.

Sean

Social source share

Wow - I like that live clip.

Social source share