Its Spalding

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sorry i missed this one but it was Mr. Donnelly's turn to go.

apparently we can't be seen in the same room at the same time or he turns into a pumkin or something.... not quite sure!

i'll certainly be at the next one....... if that's alright with you paul (because it is my turn) XX wink.gif

ta

Edited by PaulDonnelly

Just remind me... how old are you two? laugh.gif:lol:

Im 52 coming on 53...I know I should know better but the old Stamfordian grates the fook out of me....infact this is the last time I reply to any of his postings anywhere, that is unless he trys to take the piss out of any of my brothers again :(

cheers Dave it needs one to sort one.

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly
Guest gibber

Numbers down but the quality of the music played and those in attendance made it a good night .

With Dave Raistrick, struck down with a stomach virus and not making it, giving more time for Steve Woomble , Steve Jay and Carl Fortnum to play more choons.

.Steve Jay never played a bad record all night , Steve woomble pushing the boundaries with a great set including some great soulful new releases , when do you hear new releases played in these parts nice one thumbsup.gif and Carl finishing the night in style .

With Wendy & John , Molly & Larraine , Stu, Barry, Brett Smith, , , Bob & carol , Cambridge soul , Spike and all the I.t.s Faithful.,. bound to be a good night plus 2 pints and 2 cokes £5..

You missed a great upfront soul night .

Thank you Steve & Teresa for the warm welcome .

See you soon . wink.gif

andy

Im 52 coming on 53...I know I should know better but the old Stamfordian grates the fook out of me....infact this is the last time I reply to any of his postings anywhere, that is unless he trys to take the piss out of any of my brothers again wink.gif

cheers Dave it needs one to sort one.

PD

Now now boy's take it easy. Crikey i thought we had soul politics here in OZ but c'mon lifes too short. Paul i'm coming back to Whittlesey in September so hope to catch up with ya as i'm guesting at several do's. Staying at a b'n b in Gracious Street, r u still at the usual address?? Stay soulful PLEASE!!!!! Regards Tony Edgley. ex Glenfields

Guest MOLLY

My first visit to Spalding, and what a treat musically. All DJ's were able to express themselves to the full and push the boundaries to the limits. The Donna Allen track Steve Woomble played was superb. Keep on doing what your doing Steve, I will definitely be back wink.gif

Best

Molly

First off I would like to appologise for the non appearance of Dave Raistrick ,he rang me at approx 5pm to let me know that he couldnt make it due to a stomach upset,so I am truly sorry if this disappointed anyone who attended.

Secondly I would appologise for not posting sooner but its been a very hectic weekend for me ph34r.gif and sorry if we all seemed a bit down on friday ,Rob had done in all the tendons in his leg , his mum has also been very poorly again and we wish her well in her recovery ,so wasnt his normal exuberant self, my wife and myself had received some very bad news regarding my father in law , added to the fact that with so much on this weekend and all the rest we knew we would have a quieter than normal event.

However the enthusiam of Steve Woomble lifted our spirits and he dragged the danceflloor to life with a no holds barred full on set of quality tunes ,from classics to Y2K thanks so much Steve . :yes:

Carl as always hit the spot in his own very special and always entertaining style :yes: .

Molly thanks for you kind words , nice to see you make the long journey ,and that goes to all the other travellers from near and far that continue to support our events as always without you it would be nothing at all!!

"QUOTE BENNY " Numbers down but the quality of the music played and those in attendance made it a good night .

"With Dave Raistrick, struck down with a stomach virus and not making it, giving more time for Steve Woomble , Steve Jay and Carl Fortnum to play more choons.

.Steve Jay never played a bad record all night , Steve woomble pushing the boundaries with a great set including some great soulful new releases , when do you hear new releases played in these parts nice one :thumbup: and Carl finishing the night in style .

With Wendy & John , Molly & Larraine , Stu, Barry, Brett Smith, , , Bob & carol , Cambridge soul , Spike and all the I.t.s Faithful.,. bound to be a good night plus 2 pints and 2 cokes £5..

See you soon . wink.gif

andy"

Andy as always great to see you thanks for your generous gesture in bringing along some raffle prizes for the October charity fundraiser ,I REALLY HOPE THAT EVERYONE CAN PUT ASIDE ANY DIFFERENCES AND MUSICAL PREFERENCES ETC ETC :( and attend this event and participate in it and make it the very special nite it really deserves to be ,but more of that later.

Andy it really was so kind of you to bring over some flowers for Janette Laws ,and we gave her these on Saturday along with everyones best wishes for her operation in a couple of weeks time, as we were over in Norwich that night where I was DJing with Kev at the Football ground.

Im delighted to say that Janette was in great spirits and asks me to pass on her thanks to you ,bless her ist was so nice to see her out and having a bit of a boogie again and looking so very very cool in her wig!! :lol:

forsale548.jpg

Once again thanks to everyone that managed to make it over ,and looking forward to the next one which should proove to be something extra special.

It is my opinion that Shaun Robbins Sunday Soul Selection Show on Solar Radio has probably done more to help up the acceptance of Modern Soul to the whole of the Soul scene (ask the Orwell boys ,the Yorkshire Boys ,the North West boys etc etc) ,Shaun has worked tirelessly at this show over the years and we want to bring him and Bob back again to East Anglia(We had them down as guests at the city club 18 months ago) to show our total admiration and respect for both him and Bob and what the show means to so many people.(sorry to say working today so missed the show ,but THANK GOD FOR THE PODCAST as im just about to download it now :no:https://SRSSS29Jun08fullshow.notlong.com.

All I can say is I hope that everyone can make it along to this event and give them the same kind of reception as they did before ,when Shaun and Bob provided us with the best night we ever had in the modern room at the city club!!!!!.................

SOLARRADIOFLYER.jpg

Edited by sjay

Well done all concerned, we had a good knees-up (as usual!).......... :D

Thanks for the kind words Benny & Steve, it was really encouraging to get a good response to the newer stuff. :ohmy:

BTW Molly, the Donna Allen is an old Soulfuric 12 from 1999 (so not so new!), 'He Is the Joy", with The Mount Olive Baptist Choir in full voice! (should be dead easy to get in case you're on the lookout for one.....) :lol:

Stevie! Sorry for being a pest on the volume front, but I likes to pound it out! Her behind the bar had her disapproving face on, so apologies if it pi$$ed her off too (then again I think she'd had her fun-button switched off long ago.......) :lol:

All in all a fun night, nice people, decent tunes.... What more do we need! :no:

Steve

First off I would like to appologise for the non appearance of Dave Raistrick ,he rang me at approx 5pm to let me know that he couldnt make it due to a stomach upset,so I am truly sorry if this disappointed anyone who attended.

Secondly I would appologise for not posting sooner but its been a very hectic weekend for me :D and sorry if we all seemed a bit down on friday ,Rob had done in all the tendons in his leg , his mum has also been very poorly again and we wish her well in her recovery ,so wasnt his normal exuberant self, my wife and myself had received some very bad news regarding my father in law , added to the fact that with so much on this weekend and all the rest we knew we would have a quieter than normal event.

However the enthusiam of Steve Woomble lifted our spirits and he dragged the danceflloor to life with a no holds barred full on set of quality tunes ,from classics to Y2K thanks so much Steve . :lol:

Carl as always hit the spot in his own very special and always entertaining style :wave: .

Molly thanks for you kind words , nice to see you make the long journey ,and that goes to all the other travellers from near and far that continue to support our events as always without you it would be nothing at all!!

"QUOTE BENNY " Numbers down but the quality of the music played and those in attendance made it a good night .

"With Dave Raistrick, struck down with a stomach virus and not making it, giving more time for Steve Woomble , Steve Jay and Carl Fortnum to play more choons.

.Steve Jay never played a bad record all night , Steve woomble pushing the boundaries with a great set including some great soulful new releases , when do you hear new releases played in these parts nice one :lol: and Carl finishing the night in style .

See you soon . :lol:

andy"

Andy as always great to see you thanks for your generous gesture in bringing along some raffle prizes for the October charity fundraiser ,I REALLY HOPE THAT EVERYONE CAN PUT ASIDE ANY DIFFERENCES AND MUSICAL PREFERENCES ETC ETC :g: and attend this event and participate in it and make it the very special nite it really deserves to be ,but more of that later.

Andy it really was so kind of you to bring over some flowers for Janette Laws ,and we gave her these on Saturday along with everyones best wishes for her operation in a couple of weeks time, as we were over in Norwich that night where I was DJing with Kev at the Football ground.

Im delighted to say that Janette was in great spirits and asks me to pass on her thanks to you ,bless her ist was so nice to see her out and having a bit of a boogie again and looking so very very cool in her wig!! :D

forsale548.jpg

Once again thanks to everyone that managed to make it over ,and looking forward to the next one which should proove to be something extra special.

It is my opinion that Shaun Robbins Sunday Soul Selection Show on Solar Radio has probably done more to help up the acceptance of Modern Soul to the whole of the Soul scene (ask the Orwell boys ,the Yorkshire Boys ,the North West boys etc etc) ,Shaun has worked tirelessly at this show over the years and we want to bring him and Bob back again to East Anglia(We had them down as guests at the city club 18 months ago) to show our total admiration and respect for both him and Bob and what the show means to so many people.(sorry to say working today so missed the show ,but THANK GOD FOR THE PODCAST as im just about to download it now :Dhttps://SRSSS29Jun08fullshow.notlong.com.

All I can say is I hope that everyone can make it along to this event and give them the same kind of reception as they did before ,when Shaun and Bob provided us with the best night we ever had in the modern room at the city club!!!!!.................

SOLARRADIOFLYER.jpg

Well done all concerned, we had a good knees-up (as usual!).......... :D

Thanks for the kind words Benny & Steve, it was really encouraging to get a good response to the newer stuff. :lol:

BTW Molly, the Donna Allen is an old Soulfuric 12 from 1999 (so not so new!), 'He Is the Joy", with The Mount Olive Baptist Choir in full voice! (should be dead easy to get in case you're on the lookout for one.....) :lol:

Stevie! Sorry for being a pest on the volume front, but I likes to pound it out! Her behind the bar had her disapproving face on, so apologies if it pi$$ed her off too (then again I think she'd had her fun-button switched off long ago.......) :D

All in all a fun night, nice people, decent tunes.... What more do we need! :lol:

Steve

Mr Woomble we have noticed that you and volume controls are at a difference of opinions on what sounds good and loud and what sounds loud and not so good

slight. EAR PROBLEM,ALWAYS SHUT.

cheers and if SJAY says you did a good spot

then you did

Doug

Source Advert