Glen Miller - Rock Steady Party - Doctor Bird

Me, a bit disappointed as I thought it was going to be rocksteady but it's another soul record from the bloke who did Where Is The Love. Just thought some of you might like to hear it, and before anyone says it's crap, I agree with you. B side has a nice version of Book Of Memories though.

post-1893-1215015374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Audaciously, Miller is actually talking over the Stax record of Booker T and the MGs "Hip Hug Her"!

It's been on my wants list for years, this - so much rarer than "Where Is The Love" but I bet that it could be bought for a mere percentage of the going rate for that piece of crap...

How much d'you want for it, Pete?

TONE

Social source share

Audaciously, Miller is actually talking over the Stax record of Booker T and the MGs "Hip Hug Her"!

It's been on my wants list for years, this - so much rarer than "Where Is The Love" but I bet that it could be bought for a mere percentage of the going rate for that piece of crap...

How much d'you want for it, Pete?

TONE

More than you can afford young man :unsure: you've got a young child to provide for

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

More than you can afford young man :D you've got a young child to provide for

Given that you'll soon have two of 'em to provide for, I'll be back in about six months... whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I was only joking mate.

When's your birthday, you can have it as a present

Not till next February, you'll have plenty of time to wear it out by then :D

...the record I mean - being a soon-to-be-second-time-dad, I should imagine you've worn out anything else already rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Not till next February, you'll have plenty of time to wear it out by then :D

...the record I mean - being a soon-to-be-second-time-dad, I should imagine you've worn out anything else already rolleyes.gif

It's actually 3rd time Tone, I've got a daughter 19 this year - not seen her for 6 years now due to her mother - thats why I left Hastings to move back here

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Me, a bit disappointed as I thought it was going to be rocksteady but it's another soul record from the bloke who did Where Is The Love. Just thought some of you might like to hear it, and before anyone says it's crap, I agree with you. B side has a nice version of Book Of Memories though.

post-1893-1215015374_thumb.jpg

I've got this on the Jamaican Fugitive label. Its a bit dull isn't it? Can't even remember what the b side is (probably same as Doctir Bird) but its quite a nice label for the collection. The Fugitives was actually on Fugitive originally I think, would prefer that!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've got this on the Jamaican Fugitive label. Its a bit dull isn't it? Can't even remember what the b side is (probably same as Doctir Bird) but its quite a nice label for the collection. The Fugitives was actually on Fugitive originally I think, would prefer that!

Yeah, it's dull. Really Really dull. whistling.gif

All the more reason for Pete to let me have it! :D

Social source share

All the more reason for Pete to let me have it! :lol:

The way I look at it, it didn't cost me much, I don't like it, if it's been on your wants list for ages then you might as well have it. Buy me a cyber-pint, it's in the post today :D

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

All the more reason for Pete to let me have it! :D

:lol: You've got it now. This was on a compilation recently I think, so some other people must rate it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert