Flyers Flyers Flyers

Guest john-h

Guest john-h

hi all soul sourcers ,just like to know promoters ,dj's and soulies what their veiws are on this.

Soul clubs flyers taken and replaced with anothers venue , act caught on CCTV.

Name and shame ,childish or just plain stupid!!!!

:rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 69
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andrew bin

hi all soul sourcers ,just like to know promoters ,dj's and soulies what their veiws are on this.

:D

bounders and cads, was it for the machiavelian soul nights, put the video on u tube :rolleyes:

Social source share

SHAMEFUL, DEPLORABLE , DISPICABLE , UNDERHANDED , :lol::ohmy:

Definately the lowest thing I've heard for a long while, what next pins or glue on the dance floor hand them over to Pikeys Dog I say and let him keel haul them

Social source share

Guest krawen

no.gif

Hi John,

Was this in the Notts area then , and if so do us locals know them.

All the best

Steve B

Social source share

Guest gail66

Hi John,

Was this in the Notts area then , and if so do us locals know them.

All the best

Steve B

Let's put it this way i'd say with in 3miles as the crow flies!!!!!!!!!!!!! of the venue that's had it's flyers taken........

personally i think they should be named !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Me and Jim once put a Bestwood Flyer up in Notts, only a few days after putting it up it disappeared, it never entered my head it could have been another promoter who took it. angry.gif Beginning to wonder now thmbdn.gif

Social source share

Its normal to see various flyers on the tables, I assume placed by different punters, and its a good idea, but to nick ones already there!!!!!!!!!!! 'Thats enough' and 'somethings wrong'

Not new though, and just goes to show how low low low some promoters will go for your fiver.

You can 'forgive and forget' as Ron Holden sang, or 'Im gonna get even with you' as per little ben and the cheers.

Theres always an answer in the music. 'Do what you gotta do'

Ed

Social source share

no.gif

PURE - UK. Just another example of the way the country is now. The chav mentality has even permeated the soulscene although I can't imagine a 'real' promoter stooping so low.

If they were your flyers have you confronted them? If not why not?

Social source share

no.gif

:D ..I have dozen's of stories of this happening. It's bad manners isn't it? Here's me, who even tries to avoid covering other flyers when I put my own down.. (sounds daft but it annoys me when people do it to mine)..

Whoever's done that deserves a good slap!.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest Beeks

no.gif ..I have dozen's of stories of this happening. It's bad manners isn't it? Here's me, who even tries to avoid covering other flyers when I put my own down.. (sounds daft but it annoys me when people do it to mine)..

Whoever's done that deserves a good slap!.

Jayne.x.

Yes its underhanded but understandable...and common practice in more competative areas of music...I used to promote in the city centre of manc and competition between promoters was fierce...so if you were not being what id call 'resourceful' you would get walked all over.

Social source share

Yes its underhanded but understandable...and common practice in more competative areas of music...I used to promote in the city centre of manc and competition between promoters was fierce...so if you were not being what id call 'resourceful' you would get walked all over.

It ain't just over in old blighty that it's happening. We put our posters up all over the area of the gig only to find them ripped down and replaced. Reason is we ain't willing to pay the " poster boy's " to do what we enjoy doing ourselves. So it's back the next weekend to replace them. The ba----ds won't beat us but it does add to the printers bill somewhat. I say give em what they deserve.... airwares in the crotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay soulful anyway, Tony E. Perth, Western Australia. Venue, THE FLY Fremantle W.A.

Social source share

Guest Beeks

It ain't just over in old blighty that it's happening. We put our posters up all over the area of the gig only to find them ripped down and replaced. Reason is we ain't willing to pay the " poster boy's " to do what we enjoy doing ourselves. So it's back the next weekend to replace them. The ba----ds won't beat us but it does add to the printers bill somewhat. I say give em what they deserve.... airwares in the crotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay soulful anyway, Tony E. Perth, Western Australia. Venue, THE FLY Fremantle W.A.

Yeah its big business Postering...A guy got shot a few years ago in Manchester in a Posters war for territory...I shit you not...its big organised crime

Social source share

Me and Jim once put a Bestwood Flyer up in Notts, only a few days after putting it up it disappeared, it never entered my head it could have been another promoter who took it. angry.gif Beginning to wonder now thmbdn.gif

Yes they did the buggers. one of the main things a flyer does is tell you about the event ,most of the time it tells me not to go cos ya gonna hear a crock of shit and the same old stuff :D

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Understandable? I'm not sure I get your drift. What exactly do you mean by understandable? Are you saying that you vews such actions as acceptable because someone else does it? Surely not?

Ive done it before so id say guilty...the market in Manchester is like no other though...catering mainly to students you can be popular one week then when the new batch come in you find yourself vieing for attention again...I hope I built my club night up on the fact we played good music...but yes...it was a question of kill or be killed...alot of rival promoters would rip all my posters down...following me as I put them up...so in the end it was tit for tat...a mini publicity war if you like...but its different...I offered a mainstream soul/reggae night...Northern is a little more insular...everyone knows each others business so I cant imagine the same street law applying...

Id never condone it...what im saying is if you want to survive in the business sometimes it is a necessary evil.

Social source share

Yes i have done promotions in Manchester since 88 and know what the game is but this topic is abpout Northern events only...

Different rules apply but we still have some dirty bas"ards out there who will try it on.... I have had posters taken down and flyers removed but only the odd time, most events are fine for putting out your info..

youtube the video :huh::ohmy:

Social source share

Hiya Russ,

true, but 'in theory' the happy and friendly soul scene is full of 'togetherness' and isn't like city centre clubland. :ohmy:

I think this kinda thing is more prominent within All niter promoting, there are loads more dirty tricks that go on in ' all niter promotor land' - part of the reason I wont promotor regularly on the niter scene. In my little world, soul night promotors on the northern soul scene work together and support each other.. The majority around the north west do, I've found the problems have occurred when people who didn't 'grow up' on northern soul then start running a soul night..

Jayne.x.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

Guest Byrney

:huh:

Dont mess around - bang it on Youtube :ohmy:

Social source share

...Northern is a little more insular...everyone knows each others business so I cant imagine the same street law applying...

lol.. insular!!.. great word. :huh: . Quite a complimentary way of describing it too..

Jayne. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Hiya Russ,

true, but 'in theory' the happy and friendly soul scene is full of 'togetherness' and isn't like city centre clubland. :huh:

I think this kinda thing is more prominent within All niter promoting, there are loads more dirty tricks that go on in ' all niter promotor land' - part of the reason I wont promotor regularly on the niter scene. In my little world, soul night promotors on the northern soul scene work together and support each other.. The majority around the north west do, I've found the problems have occurred when people who didn't 'grow up' on northern soul then start running a soul night..

Jayne.x.

I always thought that Jayne...that Northern Soul Promoters didnt need to be underhanded...and that they worked together in general...had no idea that the same thing happens in this scene...thats a real eye opener :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

lol.. insular!!.. great word. :D . Quite a complimentary way of describing it too..

Jayne. :ohmy:

Hahaha Its a double edged sword Jayne...ive met a few *ahem* insular folks on here already :huh:

Social source share

Hahaha Its a double edged sword Jayne...ive met a few *ahem* insular folks on here already :huh:

Only a few?.. there are many more of us yet then!!! :ohmy::D

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Only a few?.. there are many more of us yet then!!! :huh::D

Jayne.x.

ha im sure...but you're cool not insular/inbred Jayne...the anoraks have a vicious tongue when you dont agree with their tune selection...as I found out last night hahaha :ohmy:

Social source share

ha im sure...but you're cool not insular/inbred Jayne...the anoraks have a vicious tongue when you dont agree with their tune selection...as I found out last night hahaha :ohmy:

not insular?... ooh.. :huh: ..you'll be calling me normal next!!.. :D lol.

you'll have to pm me and explain what you mean..(so we aren't too guilty of taking this thread OT)..

Jayne. :D

Social source share

:lol:

Hi John

Malc as seen the cctv today and yea its them too 100% Mark is doing us a copy today, we collect tomorrow ! its not that we are that bothered about the fliers going missing its the underhand way its been done plus a catalogue of events thur out the last few months !

We have kept everything above board and in a responsible and professional manner till now :lol:

Will post it on youtube tomorrow afternoon, what the hell :lol:

Gary n Malc

Edited by wallie
Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Hi John

Malc as seen the cctv today and yea its them too 100% Mark is doing us a copy today, we collect tomorrow ! its not that we are that bothered about the fliers going missing its the underhand way its been done plus a catalogue of events thur out the last few months !

We have kept everything above board and in a responsible manner till now :lol:

Gary n Malc

Hmmmm :lol:

Wonder, who it might be :D

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

this type of thing has happend to me the past infact it happend at a doo a few weeks ago, it made me chuckle why would our soul night in rural south wales be a threat to any one else :lol: perhaps some one was short of toilet paper :lol:

Social source share

NO ITS NOT UNDERSTANDABLE , ITS A DIABOLICAL LIBERTY . WHO F'IN HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE . IF THEY ARE THAT GOOD AND THERE VENUE IS THAT GOOD WHAT PROBLEM HAVE THEY GOT

Social source share

Guest john-h

Hi John

We have kept everything above board and in a responsible and profeffional manner till now :lol:

Gary n Malc

hi gary n malc thanks for updated info so its "two" now is it :lol: Well i wonder if the credit crunch is taking its toll and some people are desperate or cant afford wall paper and decide to decorate their walls with your flyers :D .Both of you have a good night on saturday night and thanks to all who have replied to the post .I'm away this weekend so i'll have a look when i get back.

HAVE A SOULFUL WEEKEND

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Not sticking up for T & A or being a mardy wuss here, but have you thought about Human Rights Protections of Privacy - Laws and all that malarky?

Name and shame fine, but it's getting a bit bloody ridiculous now.

I thought it was only police/authorities that could obtain CCTV footage, I couldn't even have a look at the CCTV when I was on it as a victim of theft!

Problems also for owner of CCTV for releasing footage to any Tom Dick or Harry :D TUT TUT

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Ain't they just....loads of legal implications and there'll be no soul nights left in Notts cos all promotors will be doing Porridge :D

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Do ya like Porridge Gaz ? :D

After all, your venue and what Betty and Andy are gonna hopefully be doing down the Brit attracts different crowd of folks anyway flyers or no flyers ?

Text me your cell number :thumbup:

Social source share