• Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Gavin Page

Have a demo copy of 'Suddenly' on Brunswick - light blue label

Has anyone ever seen an issue - do they exist?

Never ssen one unsure.gif Me mate has a nice canadian copy.

Social source share

Steve Plumb has an issue - I have seen it. Bloomin' rare one if you ask me.

Yes! And I played it as a request for 'The Leyland Birds' at the Three Greyhounds on Sunday thumbsup.gif

There are others who have it I'm sure?

Bob Hinsley for one PLUS I remember Soul Bowl had one on eBay a couple of years ago.............so they are about!

Christ it looks good though............goes well as a set with me Channel 3 & Life issues :D

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Yes! And I played it as a request for 'The Leyland Birds' at the Three Greyhounds on Sunday thumbsup.gif

Bob Hinsley for one PLUS I remember Soul Bowl had one on eBay a couple of years ago.............so they are about!

Christ it looks good though............goes well as a set with me Channel 3 & Life issues :D

Cheers

Steve

Show off :lol:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I have a nice 'Australian' copy.

So has Girth.

Oz MCA.

Looks great.

Supposed to be only 2-3 known copies (and I know of 2 of 'em).

:huh:

Sean

Forgot about Girth's and you can stop showing off as well :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

Forgot about Girth's and you can stop showing off as well :ohmy:

:huh: i had the issue gav and sold it that sunday morn at yarmuff few years ago got mine from black knight for £60

Social source share

Yes! And I played it as a request for 'The Leyland Birds' at the Three Greyhounds on Sunday :lol:

Christ it looks good though............goes well as a set with me Channel 3 & Life issues :lol:

Cheers

Steve

not forgetting the janice sadler issue steve :lol:

mark

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Yes indeed - found in the UK (Basildon, Essex) for a quid........ :lol:

Girf

post-1927-1215100427_thumb.jpg

And you can stop showing off as well :lol:

Social source share

Yes indeed - found in the UK (Basildon, Essex) for a quid........ :lol:

Girf

post-1927-1215100427_thumb.jpg

As an aside, last Saturday night at Brid Weekender, Tats wouldn't let me play it (we were double decking for two hours).

He said it's the worst record ever made! :lol:

Now, I might have been inclined to agree with him were it not for the fact that 1) I have a rare OZ issue... and 2) I happen to think Tony Drake is a top, top bloke... and 3) we were running out of giddy uptempo stuff to play (its all they seemed to want at the time)!

Personally...I LOVE that Horn... but it's not particularly 'soulful' is it.

What do you think?

Should I have played it (and risked upsetting my buddy - or worse still, recieving a kneecap in the nether regions) or was he right to exert such strict quality control?

unsure.gif

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

As an aside, last Saturday night at Brid Weekender, Tats wouldn't let me play it (we were double decking for two hours).

Now, I might have been inclined to agree with him were it not for the fact that 1) I have a rare OZ issue... and 2) I happen to think Tony Drake is a top, top bloke... and 3) we were running out of giddy uptempo stuff to play (its all they seemed to want at the time)!

What do you think?

Should I have played it (and risked upsetting my buddy - or worse still, recieving a kneecap in the nether regions) or was he right to exert such strict quality control?

unsure.gif

Sean

Kin Great record - Yes what does he know any way :lol: Twat :yes:

Social source share

What do you think?

unsure.gif

Sean

I would never have guessed that he was the dominant one in your relationship.... :lol:

You should have played it. Everyone does a walky pointy dance to it. Well I do

In fact I will request it just for him in triplicate next time I see either of you :yes:

Social source share

Love tony drake suddenly first heard it played by Gasher or was it Liam Q whichever sounded great out and had the floor packed at the time tunneeee whistling.gif:lol:

sure i seen one on ebay about 4 -5 months ago think it went for between 2 and 3 hundred quid

theres one in ebay now starting bid of $225

Edited by fifesouly
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Remember when I bought this on Ebay 5 years ago (also a demo BTW!) I got a mail from Tony Drake himself telling me how great it was that I supported his music :lol:

Nice smile.gif

Social source share

Remember when I bought this on Ebay 5 years ago (also a demo BTW!) I got a mail from Tony Drake himself telling me how great it was that I supported his music :lol:

Me too Tommy.

When I bought the Oz copy he was straight intouch.

He then started sending me all of his 'then' unreleased stuff and DVD's of his shows etc.

I tried to get UK Based Record label interested in issuing "Suddenly" backed with his then unreleased take of "Living In The Footsteps Of Another Man" for him, but got no joy.

Shame really, I reckon it would have sold a good few.

Finally, though, "Living In The Footsteps" did come out over here - without Suddenly on the reverse.

A really top guy - and, from what I've seen on the vids, an excellent performer.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I have a copy on a blank CD, I suspect its one of a kind, possibly very very rare :lol: , there are other cdees like it but not with a recording of my 45 on it?????????? :lol:

The Man In Black

laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

We take it in turns.

:lol:

Kirsty, pm me your address. I've got your CD here.

:lol:

Sean

:yes: you got mine to mate still not received it yet unsure.gif

Social source share

Me too Tommy.

When I bought the Oz copy he was straight intouch.

He then started sending me all of his 'then' unreleased stuff and DVD's of his shows etc.

I tried to get UK Based Record label interested in issuing "Suddenly" backed with his then unreleased take of "Living In The Footsteps Of Another Man" for him, but got no joy.

Shame really, I reckon it would have sold a good few.

Finally, though, "Living In The Footsteps" did come out over here - without Suddenly on the reverse.

A really top guy - and, from what I've seen on the vids, an excellent performer.

:thumbsup:

Sean

He's watching us :thumbsup::lol:

Don't think I've hear his version of 'Living in the...' But I'm sure I've got a 45 that was released a couple of years ago, 'hey world' or something?

Social source share

He's watching us :unsure::D

Don't think I've hear his version of 'Living in the...' But I'm sure I've got a 45 that was released a couple of years ago, 'hey world' or something?

Got good news for you then!

"Living In The Footsteps" is on the flip of "Hey World".

Awesome version!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Guest shaun evans

Serves you right Shaun... fer living so far away from where the action is!

Our Mailcoach only heads sarf once a month!

:yes:

Be with you soon, mate.

Promise!

:thumbup:

Sean

:lol: charming!! got it today mate got to say top draw and well worth the wait :wave:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert