'POPCORN'?????

Call me fool if you want! but what the hell is 'POPCORN' SOUL? Its really annoying me now.

While i'm on anyone got the values on these.

Superlatives - I still love you (uptite)

Bob and Fred - I'll be on my way (Big Mack)

Flirtations - Stronger than her love (Festival)

Shamettes - Don't waste your time ( ? )

Spaniels - Stand in line (North American)

Cheers Mike

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Call me fool if you want! but what the hell is 'POPCORN' SOUL? Its really annoying me now.

While i'm on anyone got the values on these.

Superlatives - I still love you (uptite)

Bob and Fred - I'll be on my way (Big Mack)

Flirtations - Stronger than her love (Festival)

Shamettes - Don't waste your time ( ? )

Spaniels - Stand in line (North American)

Cheers Mike

Popcorn..f*** knows, don't think anyone got a definitive answer lol...some real strange records on the scene though as well as some quality soul.

Prices.......

Bob And Fred very rare £800 to £1000 plus.

Superlatives Yellow label £75 (although my girlfriend Janine just got one for £35) and Sky blue label @ £40.

Flirtations £150/£250

Shamettes (on Gold Dust) Manship rates it at £400

Spaniels - I've got down at £10, maybe someone has an upto date price.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I saw Shamettes going for £750 in a box at the end of last year. Thought it was a bit expensive but if I had any credit left on my card I would have still bought it. It is the first time I had seen one for sale, and alcohol doesnt help when trying to make a sensible descision.

Social source share

Just to keep you up to date wit the price of Bob and Fred - I'll be on my way (Big Mack)

its mt fave detroit sound so i follow the price (avidly) well the fantastic martinT (100 club) my fave dj bought one on e bay for $1400 aprox this copy was cracked! ive also seen it on set sale for 1500uk on two occasions, so i guess this is about the figure to pay now 2004 ( will i ever own one at these prices?) hope this helps

Social source share

Guest Kolla

Mick - if it's ok with you can we still call you a fool!

And what are you still doing here? Aren't you going to Prestayn?

Social source share

$1,400 for a cracked copy!?! i heard that a copy of the Masquraders- How - la beat sold for a cool £1,000!! now that does make the old mind boggle.

If the bloke that came second on the bids is reading this then contact me as i have one for a bargain £950 LOL :-)

plus if the bloke/girl who paid the grand is reading this then mail me as i got loads of goddies you can buy from me at well over the going rate...gwen owens,virginia blakeley,nat hall,pat lewis,trends,bobby adams,george blackwell,betty wilson,bernard smith,brand new faces,internationals,jokers plus loads of solid hit bound stuff..

carfree

greg

ps anyone going to see the business at the garage tonight? see ya by the bar.

Social source share

Mick - if it's ok with you can we still call you a fool! 

And what are you still doing here? Aren't you going to Prestayn?

No Micks not going to Prestatyn hes saving his energy for our Champagne rendezvous on the 27th in a nice little hotel in Cheltenham now that should make the mind boggle. Louise xxx

Social source share

Guest micksmith

hi greg, i thought you had better records in your collection than that. ah louise can't wait for the champagne rendezvous.

kolla can't go to prestatyn gotta earn a living. are you going?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!