soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Seeing as there is some interest at the moment in the UK for The Rising Sun's Good Lovin' on Kingston, I suppose it's worth mentioning that there is an answer record by the same group, One Night Affair, on another Miami label, Suncut. Possibly cut at the same session and using pretty much the same backing track, I think it's just as easy or difficult to get as the Kingston 45 but is much, much cheaper.

Social source share

it's worth mentioning that there is an answer record by the same group, One Night Affair, on another Miami label, Suncut.

Might also be worth mentioning that this is a cover of The O'Jays (in my opinion superior, but quite different) original from 1969 on the Neptune label. If I remember correctly there are a bunch of other versions of "One Night Affair" as well. Top tune! :thumbup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

You are of course correct, Sebastian. It might be the case that the Kingston 45 is the 'answer' to the Suncut 45 rather than the other way around.

It's good Gareth and it does use the same music as Good Feeling, but it doesn't have the brass in that makes Good Feeling really kick.

Jordi

Social source share

You are of course correct, Sebastian. It might be the case that the Kingston 45 is the 'answer' to the Suncut 45 rather than the other way around.

Always thought the Suncut one had an earlier sound to it, but I don't know the exact release dates.

Anyway, I still have a spare of the Suncut release, that looks terrible but plays ok, if anyone's interested. (Plus my precious copy on Kingston of course, but that's not for sale. :lol: )

This is now SOLD Thanks for all interest.

Edited by Helena
Social source share

The "Good Loving" 45 is from 1973.

Some info about The Rising Sun:

Backing band for Miami R&B legend Sam Early, featuring organist Arnold Albury, bassist Charles Hepburn, drummer Ivan Orlando and guitarist Simian Taylor. Formed in 1970, the Rising Sun issued one single on Sun Cut and three others on the Bell distributed Kingston label. Backed Perk Badger's Sun Cut 45 and a Sam Early single on Cat before disbanding in 1972.

Arnold "Hoss" Albury owned the Sun Cut label and was backed by The Casuals on three Dade 45s.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Regarding Arnold Albury & The Casuals, I have:

Dade 2027 Funky Yolk / Thanks For Waiting

Dade 2028 Feel It / My Baby Don't Understand

but not a third Dade 45. Would be interested in hearing and buying the third if anyone has one. Most records he was involved with are at the least interesting and at the most really brilliant. He was one of the driving forces of Miami soul and funk, being instrumental from the start of the Miami R&B scene, arranging lots of great records on the Deep City, Reid, Lloyd & Dade labels to name a few.

Social source share

The "Good Loving" 45 is from 1973.

Some info about The Rising Sun:

Backing band for Miami R&B legend Sam Early, featuring organist Arnold Albury, bassist Charles Hepburn, drummer Ivan Orlando and guitarist Simian Taylor. Formed in 1970, the Rising Sun issued one single on Sun Cut and three others on the Bell distributed Kingston label. Backed Perk Badger's Sun Cut 45 and a Sam Early single on Cat before disbanding in 1972.

Arnold "Hoss" Albury owned the Sun Cut label and was backed by The Casuals on three Dade 45s.

What about "Miami Bump" on SRI. Is this the same group? I can't imagine more than one group from Miami calling themselves Rising Sun.

Jordi

Social source share

Surely the same group, Jordi. Speaking of SRI has anyone got the release of Audrey Royal's great Super Sexy Soul Man on this logo, He-She Scene, which was presumably before SRI. The publishing credit is Rising Sun music and it's produced by Arnold Albury.

The logotype is classic.

Yep, I've got it on that label, it looks a bit rude to me.

Jordi

Social source share

Surely the same group, Jordi. Speaking of SRI has anyone got the release of Audrey Royal's great Super Sexy Soul Man on this logo, He-She Scene, which was presumably before SRI. The publishing credit is Rising Sun music and it's produced by Arnold Albury.

The logotype is classic.

Still kicking myself for not buying this when it was offered on another forum a while back. Never seen this release before...so cool!

My Rising Sun copy on Suncut is now sold.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Source Advert