James Bounty ,original Or Not,help Needed

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-4243-1216067474_thumb.jpgI have the boot demo of this biege & brown,assumed this was real because of the bootleg guide, off white plus maroon credits +H stamp thin flexible vinyl,on reading the sharp end of vinyl R stamped original H stamp dubious.Help needed,thanks Alan.

Tidy and real as they come. :lol:

Social source share

post-4243-1216067474_thumb.jpgI have the boot demo of this biege & brown,assumed this was real because of the bootleg guide, off white plus maroon credits +H stamp thin flexible vinyl,on reading the sharp end of vinyl R stamped original H stamp dubious.Help needed,thanks Alan.

Totally original!

And I think I know a little bit about the compass label having once collected all the releases issues & demos and their british counterparts!

I still think you have to be careful though today with the technology available as new labels can be put on old bootlegs that make them look totally original and the stamps are easy to replicate!

Social source share

Yes, looks 100% correct to me due to the colour etc.

I didn't have a copy of this ("Original With the "H" Stamp") available to scan for Sharp End.

It is the "H" Stamped DEMO that was counterfeited but the colour isn't quite right

as can be seen from this scan compared to your Original Above.

(The Star is in a Different Position too, Just Noticed)

Compass_CO-7005a_DJ_C.gif

Thanks for Posting it.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

There are 3 different originals. R Stamped, I Stamped and H Stamped. East coast, Mid-West, West Coast. As mentioned already the H stamped was booted.

Social source share

There are 3 different originals. R Stamped, I Stamped and H Stamped. East coast, Mid-West, West Coast. As mentioned already the H stamped was booted.

Presumably at RCA's pressing plants, R = Rockway NJ, I = Indianapolis & H = Hollywood (Flynnies site does have it's uses wink.gif )

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!