• Replies 18
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SteveJohnston

:lol: just a bit! good job he as God to keep him grounded or the buy it price may have been :lol:hypo.gif:lol: ........ :lol:

The Ego has landed!!!!

gary

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

:yes: just a bit! good job he as God to keep him grounded or the buy it price may have been :lol::g::D ........ :lol:

Never mind the buy it now price. I think the starting price is too high. have you seen the state of that record!

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Never mind the buy it now price. I think the starting price is too high. have you seen the state of that record!

Yes Phil but it's signed in felt-tip penn by BG's long lost cousin,................ :g:

I was thinking if his dad had any records in is garage in Detroit :lol:

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

What a small world.

My dad once told me that our family were distant relatives of the Gordy family. He'd had a few drinks at the time but he was able to remember some of the details.

It turns out that the Gordy family lived in the east end of Newcastle. Berry Gordy was known locally as "Geordie Gordy". His brother worked in one of the shipyards.

One day they moved to Detroit and we never heard from them again.

:lol:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

What a small world.

My dad once told me that our family were distant relatives of the Gordy family. He'd had a few drinks at the time but he was able to remember some of the details.

It turns out that the Gordy family lived in the east end of Newcastle. Berry Gordy was known locally as "Geordie Gordy". His brother worked in one of the shipyards.

One day they moved to Detroit and we never heard from them again.

:g:

:lol: ...........Well with the "Geordie Gordy" being dark of skin his boun-ty come from Newcastle :D

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

:lol: ...........Well with the "Geordie Gordy" being dark of skin his boun-ty come from Newcastle :D

Steve J

Hello Steve,

You'll probably find that the name "Gordy" was derived from "Geordie". He probably changed it when he arrived in the USA. No doubt he will have also lost his Tyneside accent over the years.

:g:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Hello Steve,

You'll probably find that the name "Gordy" was derived from "Geordie". He probably changed it when he arrived in the USA. No doubt he will have also lost his Tyneside accent over the years.

Paul the way Mr Gordy conducted his business affairs at Mowtown it would not surprise me if his family had North East connections very ruthless indeed! :g:

Steve

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Best thing about it is he can most easily sign 600 records a day...so that would make a nice income :thumbsup:

Mark Just imagine receiving a "a thrill a moment" With his signature running across the Gordy logo it would be worth $6,200,00! :lol:

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

Paul the way Mr Gordy conducted his business affairs at Mowtown it would not surprise me if his family had North East connections very ruthless indeed! :thumbsup:

Steve

From what I understand, Steve, the Gordy's lived near Walker Park and they were "proper hard", as they say.

A lot of people were relieved when they moved to Detroit.

Social source share

From what I understand, Steve, the Gordy's lived near Walker Park and they were "proper hard", as they say.

:thumbsup:

I think I may be related. I've met quite a few Dick's when I've visted Detroit over the years, and one of the backroom boys at Motown told me that Berry "was a real Dick!"

Coincidence? I think not.

Now then. Where's me royalties?

Phil Dick

Social source share

Guest veep1296

I think I may be related. I've met quite a few Dick's when I've visted Detroit over the years, and one of the backroom boys at Motown told me that Berry "was a real Dick!"

Coincidence? I think not.

Now then. Where's me royalties?

Phil Dick

Ey up Phil. What earnings potential do i have selling signed pics of my buddy!!!??? :lol::thumbsup:

post-5119-1216233832_thumb.jpg

Regards

David

Social source share

Ey up Phil. What earnings potential do i have selling signed pics of my buddy!!!??? :(:thumbup:

post-5119-1216233832_thumb.jpg

Regards

David

I'll be your agent. seeing as we've established that it most likely involves family (my family that is) :lol:

I think I can guarantee you at least a dollar a pop - less expenses of course :D

Phil

Social source share

:D

Should have kep't em',we might be listening to the Coaltown sound and RIC-TIC would still be around as the sound of Detroit USA. :thumbup:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Should have kep't em',we might be listening to the Coaltown sound and RIC-TIC would still be around as the sound of Detroit USA. :D

:lol::lol::lol: ............................................ :(

the ric-tic bit sounds good Ken :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

that s nowt ..... Im Marvin Gayes love child ..... beat that! :rolleyes:

Dawn if you ever feel a hurt, scorned or rejected just remember you where never ment to be tongue.gif

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!