soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

FOUR TRACKS-CHARADE-NOTE-MINT-£300

One of my all-time, all-times - hope I still have mine - it's well buried somewhere - bought from Ian in Shropshire for £15 back in 1986 - wonder whatever happened to him? He used to supply Soul Sam with a lotta his then goodies - anybody remember him? Really softly-spoken guy...always answered the phone with a 2 syllable, over-pronounced "he-llo".......very good dealer....

Mint @ £300 is a blooming good price for this - a proper record...

MRez

Social source share

Steady on Ian - you'll be accused of talking the market up!

Ironside

laugh.gif

I live in reality mate not the hotbox insanity LOL.....£300 is a great price for that record but it is one of my all-time faves! Sure doesn't seem to show up that much.........

Had it a couple of times in the 70's and 80's grrrr.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

One of my all-time, all-times - hope I still have mine - it's well buried somewhere - bought from Ian in Shropshire for £15 back in 1986 - wonder whatever happened to him? He used to supply Soul Sam with a lotta his then goodies - anybody remember him? Really softly-spoken guy...always answered the phone with a 2 syllable, over-pronounced "he-llo".......very good dealer....

MRez

Mark, you mean Ian Faulkner. Sam put him onto soul when he was in his class at school (true). We were talking about him a few months ago - told me he is still around in the Horseman's Green area around Bangor / Wrexham, but is no longer "active", preferring civilian duties such as mowing the lawn and painting the gate, to record hunting these days. wink.gif

Social source share

Fabulous record which never quite broke for me in the 70's! Always loved it - beautiful production and catchy. If Lee Fields is £750 then this should be £1500 IMO!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Repeat this 20 times, over and over...

Lee Fields is NEVER a £750 record

Lee Fields is NEVER a £750 record...........

.........ad nauseum - people need to stop and think what they are doing...

MRez

Social source share

I live in reality mate not the hotbox insanity LOL.....£300 is a great price for that record but it is one of my all-time faves! Sure doesn't seem to show up that much.........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Not really fast enough for a hot box sound is it? unsure.gif

They have to be UPTEMPO and MANIC Ian. This is smmoooooooooth soul.

Social source share

Not really fast enough for a hot box sound is it? unsure.gif

They have to be UPTEMPO and MANIC Ian. This is smmoooooooooth soul.

Well in that case my remaining 6 copies of Joe Bataan's "Contintental Square Dance" on the Sales thread should be bargain of the century then (shameless plug but if they want fast they've got it with that one)!

So mid-tempo shuffling is not in vogue right now then LOL......?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Ian D biggrin.gif

Yep had one myself back in the 80's - I don't know where it went. I certainly don't have it now. I think it was a bit easy come easy go in those days.

Doh!

sad.gif

Social source share

Mark, you mean Ian Faulkner. Sam put him onto soul when he was in his class at school (true). We were talking about him a few months ago - told me he is still around in the Horseman's Green area around Bangor / Wrexham, but is no longer "active", preferring civilian duties such as mowing the lawn and painting the gate, to record hunting these days. wink.gif

Thx Steve - exactly - Ian Faulkner - that would have annoyed me for days - I used to love seeing his List drop thru the door - he had Daybreak for £7 in 1986 and I musta called 30 / 40 times one morning trying to get him on the phone - me and 200 other punters.. sad.gif

Wonder who got that? Come on - own up? It was well-over £100 even then, I think? Correct me if I'm wrong....

.........happy days...

MRez

Social source share

This is smmoooooooooth soul.

May I add "Quality" into your right description making it

Quality Smooooooooooth Soul

?

wink.gif

marc

NB

I am watching with disbelief, can`t be true so far everybody seems to like this tune, come on now the first to say its sh***e laugh.gif

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Yep had one myself back in the 80's - I don't know where it went. I certainly don't have it now. I think it was a bit easy come easy go in those days.

Doh!

sad.gif

I think mine went to Pat Brady in the late 80's along with about 200 other prime 70's goodies which I now look at with envy on various lists LOL.....

I think I may have got £20 for the 4 Tracks and a tenner for Delilah Moore on Middle Earth back then, ouch!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

MRez

Mark, Guy your taking about,Mr Ian Faulkner.....Still dealing but on a very small scale.........In fact it still seems to be

myself & Sam who get the goodies thee's days......Really is a great guy & still has his contact in detroit..

And no, Going to keep dealing to our selves.........Chico @ Funkyfeet.............

Edited by funkyfeet
Social source share

Got to agree with everyone on the merits of this record. Hypnotic, moody and memorable. Not so sickly sweet that it ever grates; this has got to be classed as one of the great 1970s Northern records. Not too common either over the years so I think £300 is a more than fair price, especially in a market where Lee Fields can be a £750 auction item.

Social source share

Guest Gary Thomas

Still selling via Gemm, I think. https://www1.gemm.com/catalog/GMV10250/FAULKNER/

Social source share

As i am also not capable of doing a file from my own copy, JM has a soundfile to listen to here

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/searchartist....ist=FOUR+TRACKS

Marc

I absolutely love it too, was totally chuffed to bits to have finally got one after looking for one for years and never having the funds when it came up. Have we all managed to sell it for you John?

Social source share

MRez

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

Mark, Guy your taking about,Mr Ian Faulkner.....Still dealing but on a very small scale.........In fact it still seems to be

myself & Sam who get the goodies thee's days......Really is a great guy & still has his contact in detroit..

And no, Going to keep dealing to our selves.........Chico @ Funkyfeet.............

Cheers Chico - Ian is/was always a very nice guy - pls pass my warm regards onto him should u speak to him - does he stil answer the phone in the same way.."hel-lo" chortle chortle... :yes:

MRez

Social source share

it was me mark who got the daybreak...had about 15 way back then we used to flog em for 20.00 at bradford all nighters...flogged a few at thorne too thats when i first heard CHARADE a big up the gary welsh tune :shades:

Yep - I heard it first via Gary Welsh too - where is he now? He'd love this forum too...Well done on getting that Daybreak @ £7 in '86 - ya musta been up early.... :thumbsup:

MRez

Social source share

Yep - I heard it first via Gary Welsh too - where is he now? He'd love this forum too...Well done on getting that Daybreak @ £7 in '86 - ya musta been up early.... :shades:

MRez

just luck that day mark...rang up quite a few times to find items gone...

still i had much better luck with gary s...from sheff..johns proper digger in the states :thumbsup: esp when i used to plug him on pirate radio after i had the biscuits of course!! :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert