Urban Blues Project Feat Bobby Pruit - We Are One

Guest Albert Wiggins

Guest Albert Wiggins

FOR SALE: URBAN BLUES PROJECT feat BOBBY PRUIT - WE ARE ONE - SOULFURIC - SFR 0013 D/PACK. VG+ A FEW LIGHT MARKS THAT DO NOT AFFECT PLAY. £25.00

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Albert Wiggins

Only released on 12" on Soulfuric.

Yes a 12". Well two 12"'s, a double pack with all the mixes, the mix you probably want is the urban blues project classic mix, the one Sam plays. There are also some single 12"'s with the U.B.P. classic mix on that are on soulfuric with no catalogue No.

Hope this helps...David

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Yes a 12". Well two 12"'s, a double pack with all the mixes, the mix you probably want is the urban blues project classic mix, the one Sam plays. There are also some single 12"'s with the U.B.P. classic mix on that are on soulfuric with no catalogue No.

Hope this helps...David

Are you priceing this because Sam plays it or because you regard this as Rare? Not trying to diss your thread just interested?

regards

Social source share

Guest Albert Wiggins

Are you priceing this because Sam plays it or because you regard this as Rare? Not trying to diss your thread just interested?

regards

The price is the current going price. I would'nt say it was rare, just a bit difficult to find at present & in-demand. I take it you don't want to buy it then!!!

Best...David

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

The price is the current going price. I would'nt say it was rare, just a bit difficult to find at present & in-demand. I take it you don't want to buy it then!!!

Best...David

Sorry David got it already, had it for years on TP. Brilliant tune. Just a little surprised at the price but can understand if it is hard to get in it's original format. You should sell it easy as it is one of Brian Tapperts better efforts.

regards

Social source share

Guest Albert Wiggins

Got this some time ago and always felt it would get big plays. When I have played it out it has been well received.

THe price is good and it is hard to find. Think I bought two mixes of gemm before I got the right pack.

Buy this record someone.

Thanks for that Pat, You bought a copy from me a couple months back, price was the same as this one...David

Social source share

Guest Albert Wiggins

Thanks for that Pat, You bought a copy from me a couple months back, price was the same as this one...David

Also, the wrong one to buy is part two SFR 0014 it only contains some harder mixes and a couple accapellas...David

Social source share

Guest Albert Wiggins

Was that you David? and it is good value as was mine! Got loads of the other mixes, they are all a bit hard with too many drum gaps but the one your selling is ace!

Pat

Pat, if you like this sort of stuff, PM me your address, I'll send you a cd of suitable stuff. ...David

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Can't really fault the price as it was me that sold Sam his copy for the same amount - £25.

So that makes my Soulfuric Test press double pack + the other 6 unplayed copies I have worth a few bob then? Then there's the unreleased remixes that are spot on too, :yes: they must be well on their way also? :) LOL!

Social source share

Got this some time ago and always felt it would get big plays. When I have played it out it has been well received.

THe price is good and it is hard to find. Think I bought two mixes of gemm before I got the right pack.

Buy this record someone.

I think you will find stuff like this got big plays as new release but probably not on the Northern scene where I assume you are referring to, I loved stuff like this when it came out and still do in right environment, but must admit can't quite get my head round how stuff like this goes in a Northern set, a bit surreal for me I must admit.

Maybe I am a dinosaur in denial :lol:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

I think you will find stuff like this got big plays as new release but probably not on the Northern scene where I assume you are referring to, I loved stuff like this when it came out and still do in right environment, but must admit can't quite get my head round how stuff like this goes in a Northern set, a bit surreal for me I must admit.

Maybe I am a dinosaur in denial :P

Exactly mate. Can't understand it myself. This was a big record on the Soulful house scene when it first came out don't understand how it could fit in a Northern set? It must be going down in the Modern rooms I guess. Still it is a great tune really surpised someone hasn't picked it up yet. Anyone 'thinking' about it should get in there you will not be disapointed........ :lol:

Social source share

I'll make no comment about as to it's worth,that is for the buyer to decide.....but...I do find it odd that people have deemed above to ask how it would fit into a Northern set.

It simply can't (can it? Tell me.), cos - by definition - it isn't Northern (tell me different if I'm wrong please).

I have seen certain appraisals on here of the NS scene, that state in todays scene anything that gets played at a nighter is 'Northern'...fair do's (I, in my naivete grew up that way too)...I obviously understand that there are people that don't live by that rule too.

Tell me, are there venues and lads that would play (and get away with, without too much dancefloor disturbance) that particular track in what would be deemed a classic Northern set?

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Is this the track that says "Love dont Live"

No mate that's a Michael Watford tune. This one came out around the same time but it is in a similar vain. Both great Soulful House records.

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Tell me, are there venues and lads that would play (and get away with, without too much dancefloor disturbance) that particular track in what would be deemed a classic Northern set?

Yes Sean Chapman plays out and out classics , then plays the UBP 12 and the dancefloor has no disturbance , infact most use the same NS dance style :ohmy:

Are you saying that Sean spins the whole thing? Nearly 8 minutes worth? :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

No mate that's a Michael Watford tune. This one came out around the same time but it is in a similar vain. Both great Soulful House records.

Michael Proctor :thumbup:

Social source share

Not sure , I think Dave Fleming faded it out when I heard Sean play it ? :rolleyes:

Believe he plays it from the beginning when correct play (for the northern scene) is from the first instrumental breakdown. record should be faded out after about 4.30.

This and other soul police advice about playing old house records to northern soul punters available at this useful website:

www.nsstompertohouseclassic.co.uk

Social source share

Believe he plays it from the beginning when correct play (for the northern scene) is from the first instrumental breakdown. record should be faded out after about 4.30.

This and other soul police advice about playing old house records to northern soul punters available at this useful website:

It did seem strange him playing Jackie Day ,The Tomangoes and the Salvadors and then to mix in the UBP 12 .. it is quite stompy mind !! :rolleyes:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Michael Proctor :thumbsup:

Yep! Doh! Only had the record since day one! But my copy is TP with no writing, always getting the two guys mixed up.Both are fantastic singers. Love don't live is a top tune as is 'we are one'. The new one from Mr Watford is superb I think it's called 'joy' as again my copy is TP? Please someone buy this tune!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Close Nik - it's UBP featuring Michael Proctor...same thing applies though, make sure you get the right 12"!

Hi Jerry. Yes mate your right my mistake (Early morning!) Got all the 12inches for both these tunes + a couple of unreleased mixes that are NOT available and believe me they are crackers and well suited to the scene if peeps are playing these sort of trax in a Northern set? There are a lot of other Soulful house tunes that fit the bill if anyone wants a mix cd of them PM me? 'We are one' is a storming tune so someone should pick it up................As a side point I just like to say sorry to the seller for hi jacking his sales thread! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

"its all soul.....there is no such thing as northern...." why american black music from 1990-2008 will promulgate the british soul scene

discuss

please send essay to prof. free :rolleyes:

i will need a full list of references using the harvard style.

Hear! hear! The similarities between the two styles of music are dramatic and probably not understood by most collectors.Both are run by the producers/Artists and most releases never get past a 500 press. Small lables run out of small studios useing free lance vocalists distributed locally? Sound familiar?

Social source share

Jeez Steve Blackbeat obviously is a long time ago, and you have obviously forgotten what you and it stood for when you join the lazy brigade who throw the rather pathetic soul police*** insult because someone dares to question some of your logic.

I stand by what I say, it sounds bizarre to hear something like this in the middle of a set of 60's only, as I have seen listed, or in the middle of a bunch of slightly funky, soft edged 70's as seems most common. It just doesn't work, I didn't say it wasn't Northern as thats a pointless debate. Your comment about fading it out probably sums it up, like it or not these records are made to be mixed, at least segued, listen to Mr Randle for how to play these in a sympathetic fashion, or Fish how to mix them seamlessly with no fuss, this is how they should be played, IMVHO. And among a number of sympathetic records, thats what I am saying.

The fact Michael Proctor (and I like it, bought it new) is the House equivalent of The Snake is neither here nor there for this thread.

*** Ironic as most people would have you as one of them, and I would have thought you were proud of it, obviously not!

If you really want to hear them in their best environment get yourself a Paul "Trouble" Anderson mixtape, you may see the error of your ways/

And before the usual post before you read brigade hammer me, I am not slagging it as music per se, I have more than a few such records, just a bit mystified in the rush to play the odd one, particularly if Uncle Sam has deemed it acceptable

Social source share

Steve G, I have just looked in the web site you quoted and it actually states 4.35 when fade out should start :thumbup:

Social source share

If you really want to hear them in their best environment get yourself a Paul "Trouble" Anderson mixtape, you may see the error of your ways/

AMEN BROTHER

, I have more than a few such records, just a bit mystified in the rush to play the odd one, particularly if Uncle Sam has deemed it acceptable

sam seems to give the rubber stamp to such records....without his stamp few dare to tread :thumbup:

Social source share

"its all soul.....there is no such thing as northern...." why american black music from 1990-2008 will promulgate the british soul scene

discuss

please send essay to prof. free :lol:

i will need a full list of references using the harvard style.

promulgate

Tony! wtf are you doing using the above term on a majoritively working class site?

Classist!!

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Jeez Steve Blackbeat obviously is a long time ago, and you have obviously forgotten what you and it stood for when you join the lazy brigade who throw the rather pathetic soul police*** insult because someone dares to question some of your logic.

I stand by what I say, it sounds bizarre to hear something like this in the middle of a set of 60's only, as I have seen listed, or in the middle of a bunch of slightly funky, soft edged 70's as seems most common. It just doesn't work, I didn't say it wasn't Northern as thats a pointless debate. Your comment about fading it out probably sums it up, like it or not these records are made to be mixed, at least segued, listen to Mr Randle for how to play these in a sympathetic fashion, or Fish how to mix them seamlessly with no fuss, this is how they should be played, IMVHO. And among a number of sympathetic records, thats what I am saying.

The fact Michael Proctor (and I like it, bought it new) is the House equivalent of The Snake is neither here nor there for this thread.

*** Ironic as most people would have you as one of them, and I would have thought you were proud of it, obviously not!

And before the usual post before you read brigade hammer me, I am not slagging it as music per se, I have more than a few such records, just a bit mystified in the rush to play the odd one, particularly if Uncle Sam has deemed it acceptable

Paul Anderson can't mix for toffies mate not a good example last time I heard him it sounded like a train crash! Agree with you on most of your other comments tho. This seems an attempt at being hip & controversial as the House stuff just isn't Northern Soul but if peeps are going with it great. Just wondered what it sounds like when you play a 60's track followed by a pounder like 'We are one' then back to a 60's again, must sound wierd on the ears? The sonic differences are huge?

Social source share

Paul Anderson can't mix for toffies mate not a good example last time I heard him it sounded like a train crash! Agree with you on most of your other comments tho. This seems an attempt at being hip & controversial as the House stuff just isn't Northern Soul but if peeps are going with it great. Just wondered what it sounds like when you play a 60's track followed by a pounder like 'We are one' then back to a 60's again, must sound wierd on the ears? The sonic differences are huge?

It sounds cack . Soul Sam has it working though so the rest follow ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

It sounds cack . Soul Sam has it working though so the rest follow ph34r.gif

He played down here in Bournemouth a few months back great set but no house. Must keep it for the BIG nights. LOL biggrin.gif . Got to be honest if trax like this are going down then there is a shed load of tunes that will rock yet to be discovered. After collecting Soulful House since 1988 thankfully I've got most of um!!!LOL thumbup.gif Could start a whole new movement inject a bit of life back into the scene & bring a whole new audiance? Hope this record sells soon...........

Social source share

He played down here in Bournemouth a few months back great set but no house. Must keep it for the BIG nights. LOL biggrin.gif . Got to be honest if trax like this are going down then there is a shed load of tunes that will rock yet to be discovered. After collecting Soulful House since 1988 thankfully I've got most of um!!!LOL thumbup.gif Could start a whole new movement inject a bit of life back into the scene & bring a whole new audiance? Hope this record sells soon...........

Here comes the Retro Rare house scene ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest Albert Wiggins

Nik, please send me a cd of things you think would go down well, you did'nt hi-jack my thread, just made it more interesting, thanks...David

Social source share

Guest Albert Wiggins

Nik, forgot to say, you send me one of yours, n I'll send you one of mine, be interesting to see how many tunes are the same. You may even want me to come n play, my parents live in Parkstone. Best...David

Social source share

Have to agree on Andersons mixing , Mark Randle too :lol::ohmy: sounded like a bunch of drunks crashing through some dustbins

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert