Unknown, Semi Known, Underplayed

I'm looking for Soulful, Funky, Northern & Modern dancers with the X factor.............if you have sales, mp3's, tips etc PM me...........I buy quality soulful dance music, but dont need what everyone else has got......if you have stuff for sale I might be interested, try me out............PM's or emails to russvuptownsoul@msn.com .

Russ

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

5 :yes:

And Russ you and Dave were right about the Billie Dearborn.

Cheers for the lift to the 100 Club.

Andy

Hi Andy

Which Billie Dearborn?

Derek

Social source share

Alright Derek

It's You Need Me To Love You on Bell.

Russ and Dave's comment was it's similar in style to Lonely Girl - Annabelle Fox which I love so I took a punt. :yes:

Hmmm don't know that one must investigate. Trust all is well?

Derek

Social source share

Hmmm don't know that one must investigate. Trust all is well?

Derek

Got one of these up for sale.....can post a clip later if you need it.

Adam.

Social source share

No Annabell Fox by a long chalk.

Perhaps not Ken, but its just one of those tunes that really strikes a chord with me, with no real reason for doing so other than its just a great singalong feel good dancer............lurrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeeeeeee it. Thanks again to the Abbott who continuously bombarded me with this until subconsciously I had to fall in love with it.............sneaks up on you & you find your self singing it at the top of your voice in the pasta aisle at Tesco, frightening old ladies :lol::unsure::ohmy: .............OMG must be Friday.............off on a sureal tip again,

Russ

Social source share

billie dearborn a killer imo..even funky in parts :lol: great drums & vocal

Hey Tony, glad you like this mate...........of course I knew you would as you have great taste.........just like me un Dave :lol::unsure::ohmy: . On a serious note, I think this has huge potential, along with Disco Dave Im gonna give this some hammer...........get em while theyre still reasonable & relatively available kids......who knows what could happen with this killa !!!!.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Hey Tony, glad you like this mate...........of course I knew you would as you have great taste.........just like me un Dave :lol::P:P . On a serious note, I think this has huge potential, along with Disco Dave Im gonna give this some hammer...........get em while theyre still reasonable & relatively available kids......who knows what could happen with this killa !!!!.

Russ

AGREE TOTALLY RUSS we men of taste have to keep the quality bar up!! :D:lol:

Social source share

It wont get me off my fat ass, thats for sure :D

Glad you had a good night Saturday mate, with regards to BD each to thier own, however to put the comment into context, you are on record as to not really liking Tommy & the Derby's either :lol::P:P , which is one of the best Northern Soul records to have been discovered in the last 10 years IMVHO, people will be pleased to know tho' that BD is a comparitively cheap record, so dont have to dislike it, cos its rare or they cant afford one, BTW Im not putting BD in the same bracket quality wise as Tommy & the Derby's, just agreeing that its a nice semi known record that deserves a few plays.........see ya soon Tim.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Billie Dearborn - Great midempo, almost beat ballady. Got mine of that fine purveyer of classy 45s Mr Tony Smith, probably early 90s? Don't see many stock issues though. In fact, I can't remember seeing one. Anyone got one?

I,ve had 2 stock copies in the past. Not hard to find, if thats what your after!

Duncan Mc.

Anyone got any info on this weekender in Spain. Nearest airport for flights from Newcastle is MURCIA.

How far is the venue or hotel in majorcar from Murcia???

Are there trains to Majorcar from Murcia etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

Duncan McAllister.

Social source share

Glad you had a good night Saturday mate, with regards to BD each to thier own, however to put the comment into context, you are on record as to not really liking Tommy & the Derby's either :lol::D:lol: , which is one of the best Northern Soul records to have been discovered in the last 10 years IMVHO, people will be pleased to know tho' that BD is a comparitively cheap record, so dont have to dislike it, cos its rare or they cant afford one, BTW Im not putting BD in the same bracket quality wise as Tommy & the Derby's, [i am, imvho :lol::yes::D ] just agreeing that its a nice semi known record that deserves a few plays.........see ya soon Tim.

Russ

Edited by tim smithers
Social source share

Each to thier own Tim...............I would be genuinely interested in your current top 5 tho'. Im hoping that in the spirit in which the thread was started, that I'll hear something new & exciting, be good to add something positive too..........

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Each to thier own Tim...............I would be genuinely interested in your current top 5 tho'. Im hoping that in the spirit in which the thread was started, that I'll hear something new & exciting, be good to add something positive too..........

Russ

Well i aint telling you Russ youl have to get down to We got soul oct 11 or the Railway Nov 15

I will say something i wont be playing the latest tunes of the moment. :lol:

Social source share

Russ

Versatile Gents - You Blow My Mind

Peoples Choice - Destruction

Out Of Sights - Tears Dont Care Who Cry

Antonio Castro - Welfare

Essence - Black Reflections

Early Clover & the Georgia Soul Drifters - Think It Over

just a few suggestions :lol:

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

Antonio Castro - Welfare

Essence / Black Reflections .Think this one's on gemm at the mo :lol:

Social source share

Well i aint telling you Russ youl have to get down to We got soul oct 11 or the Railway Nov 15

I will say something i wont be playing the latest tunes of the moment. :lol:

I'll be at 'WGSB' in October, as I have every one so far, even more so now Im a resident :lol: . I will be looking forward to your set with interest. What did you play at the last Railway Club BTW, again I ask out of genuine interest, in the hope I'll get to know some stuff that is new to these ears. Thank you in advance.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Antonio Castro - Welfare

Cheers Paul...........nice one mate, appreciate you adding these.

Russ

Social source share

'ere you go Russ, my friend...this one gets me nodding my head and scratching my chin:

R'n'B meets Funky bassline coupled with awesome brasswork AND an organ!

>>> Download Here <<<

:lol:

Crazy Harmonica going on mate..................do kinda like this tho' David, thank you for sharing :lol: . BTW Hope your well mate.

ATB Russ

Social source share

I,ve had 2 stock copies in the past. Not hard to find, if thats what your after!

Duncan Mc.

Anyone got any info on this weekender in Spain. Nearest airport for flights from Newcastle is MURCIA.

How far is the venue or hotel in majorcar from Murcia???

Are there trains to Majorcar from Murcia etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

Duncan McAllister.

Bev has Emailed you Duncan

Social source share

It's sold...the Billie Dearborn I posted as being available to buy is SOLD...SOLD...SOLD. Just to clarify the situation....I no longer have a copy of this record....it's SOLD.

Phew, hope that makes sense...had a few enquiries about it :lol: .

Adam.

Social source share

Guest kerby

It's sold...the Billie Dearborn I posted as being available to buy is SOLD...SOLD...SOLD. Just to clarify the situation....I no longer have a copy of this record....it's SOLD.

Phew, hope that makes sense...had a few enquiries about it :lol: .

Adam.

adam am i correct in thinking you've sold it .

mart

Social source share

Guest Beeks

however to put the comment into context, you are on record as to not really liking Tommy & the Derby's either :lol::D:D , which is one of the best Northern Soul records to have been discovered in the last 10 years IMVHO

Fook me got crucified for that one...still think its fookin bland too :lol:

Social source share

Hi Russ, yes well the Bille D reminds me of Anita except for the story line but the same type of song all that moaning and groaning. I am sure it could go with your Linda Lloyd's and Bonnie Herman's as a great Columbia classic.

For reference:

Anita also came out on UK CBS.

(As to whether it is a different take/mix/recording quality...I'll leave that to you to investigate, eh Tony?! :huh::D )

Social source share