My Wants

Guest Beeks

Guest Beeks

Anyone got a copy of Otis Leavill - Im Amazed for sale? Dont want to pay silly money either :lol:

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 62
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Beeks

What in the price for the £30 as well :lol: .

Haha...well ive got to be honest...until I get a guide next week im just checking manships site...couldnt find that one on there though...is it a big money record? Shame if its out of my budget...its a personal fave :P

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Guest Beeks

You might want to wait on the Guide Beeks. Tim Brown has a new guide coming out in a few weeks, its far bigger than the Manship book, and word on the street is that the pricing data is also more accurate and realistic.

Sounds good...but will need something in the meantime...im building a core collection of my fave records and have absolutely no idea on pricing...a dealers dream haha...just seen one of my hopes dashed...Patricia Holloway - Stolen Hours...£300 on Manships...gutted :lol:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Original of Wade Flemons is over £200 (usually listed at around £300)

Thanks Pikey...thats a little out of my range too then...ah well. :ohmy:

Thats not to say ill NEVER make a bigger purchase, just going to pick off the less expensive options for now :thumbup:

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Thats not to say ill NEVER make a bigger purchase, just going to pick off the less expensive options for now :thumbup:

Beeks

I have a Willie Hutch here if you're interested?

https://www.soulmusic.co.uk/Northern_Originals_List.htm

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Fred Hughes shouldn't be much more than a tenner. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Quality record which I think most people who have it will hold on to it. Still I must admit Beeks I really like your style, if you are ever coming over to Berlin make sure to say hello and you will get a spot at the Hip City :lol:

Haha thanks Marc...was on a stag do in Hamburg not long ago actually so you should have said id have popped over :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Ok...sorted out Willie Hutch...and Otis is in the pipeline...still looking for Fred Hughes below the book price...also have a new want though no idea on value...Sam Dees - Lonely for you baby

Social source share

Ok...sorted out Willie Hutch...and Otis is in the pipeline...still looking for Fred Hughes below the book price...also have a new want though no idea on value...Sam Dees - Lonely for you baby

Sam Dees.... another that fetches £300-500 depending on where you look, who's selling or "time of the year" Beeks....

Rewrite it where ever you've rewritten your Jeanette type of want :unsure: ....

Social source share

My final want of the month is Wade Flemons - Jeanette

this is a very common record where demand has spiralled the price way above what it should be. I'd stay clear of this one if I were you.

I do like the record but I came late to collecting soul like yourself and wouldn't spend my money on something as expensive yet common as this.

not trying to put you off..... just think you could spend your money more wisely.

Social source share

Guest Beeks

this is a very common record where demand has spiralled the price way above what it should be. I'd stay clear of this one if I were you.

I do like the record but I came late to collecting soul like yourself and wouldn't spend my money on something as expensive yet common as this.

not trying to put you off..... just think you could spend your money more wisely.

Nah its good advise and thanks...to be honest ive had a few more listens and ive gone off it a little so im not that concerned...disappointed about the Sam Dees though...genuinely like that track...both the vocal and the bassline are infectious...but suppose ill have to wait for it :P

Social source share

Nah its good advise and thanks...to be honest ive had a few more listens and ive gone off it a little so im not that concerned...disappointed about the Sam Dees though...genuinely like that track...both the vocal and the bassline are infectious...but suppose ill have to wait for it :lol:

:huh: ..you could ask Mr Jones to give both the sam Dees and the Patrice Holloway a spin at Bury.. (if he hasn't sold the patrice Holloway.. :lol: )

Ginger played it at Stoke once, following that Cecil Washington track. Play them one after the other and they sound brill!.

That patrice Holloway has come down a bit I think.. If you want a re-issue of janette to play at home, I know a girl who can help you out.. :D

she might have a spare copy of manship's guide she could bring to prestwich & lend you too.. :lol:

Jayne.x

Social source share

You might want to wait on the Guide Beeks. Tim Brown has a new guide coming out in a few weeks, its far bigger than the Manship book, and word on the street is that the pricing data is also more accurate and realistic.

Any more info on this? And do you know if it has flip sides this time?

Social source share

Guest Beeks

:huh: ..you could ask Mr Jones to give both the sam Dees and the Patrice Holloway a spin at Bury.. (if he hasn't sold the patrice Holloway.. :lol: )

Ginger played it at Stoke once, following that Cecil Washington track. Play them one after the other and they sound brill!.

That patrice Holloway has come down a bit I think.. If you want a re-issue of janette to play at home, I know a girl who can help you out.. :D

she might have a spare copy of manship's guide she could bring to prestwich & lend you too.. :lol:

Jayne.x

Cheers Jayne...already have a Mnaships guide winging its way to me as I speak though :lol:

Social source share

Nah its good advise and thanks...to be honest ive had a few more listens and ive gone off it a little so im not that concerned...disappointed about the Sam Dees though...genuinely like that track...both the vocal and the bassline are infectious...but suppose ill have to wait for it :(

a classic oldie :( though I wouldnt wait for it... Id happilly have 30 £10'ers than one of these Beeks... just buy it on a stompers CD!

Social source share

Guest Beeks

a classic oldie :( though I wouldnt wait for it... Id happilly have 30 £10'ers than one of these Beeks... just buy it on a stompers CD!

Ive got a grand total of 4 cds to my name haha...dont think ive actually bought one since they first come out...just millions of records and now an ever increasing millions of downloads :(

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Funny thing is...I have a load of stuff you didn't know you wanted yet for sale!!!! :lol:

Haha well feel free to enlighten me :lol:

Got another couple of wants from Prestwich last night though wont be able to afford it until the end of Aug now...spent far too much at the record bar :)

Eddie Floyd - Bring it on home to me (NOW BOUGHT)

and

Soul Brother six - Ill be loving you

also wanted Paulette but asked the DJ about it and he said £2000 so ill leave that one for now :D

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Guest Beeks

Helena Ferguson - Im So Glad

Ruby Winters - In The Middle Of A Heartache

VIPS - You Pulled a Fast One

Lenny Welch - Coronet Blue/ Run to my loving arms

Jesse Boone and the astros - I've Got to love you

CL Blast - What Can I Do (When My Thrill Is Gone) - United

Adding these as well...might add a few more so I remember them come next payday...fantastic cheapies :thumbsup:

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Helena Ferguson - Im So Glad

Ruby Winters - In The Middle Of A Heartache

VIPS - You Pulled a Fast One

Adding these as well...might add a few more so I remember them come next payday...fantastic cheapies :ohmy:

Beeks,

Every 45 you have mention on this thread we have in stock, perhaps not on the site but certainly in stock, filed and awaiting processing. Feel free to PM any wants list, I'll letcha know what I have and the prices.

John

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Guest Beeks

Beeks,

Every 45 you have mention on this thread we have in stock, perhaps not on the site but certainly in stock, filed and awaiting processing. Feel free to PM any wants list, I'll letcha know what I have and the prices.

John

Thanks John...just got your guide so im a little more informed of whats what now...so thanks...ill have a look at the end of the month thumbsup.gif

Social source share

The best way to do it.

You'll have much more fun picking away at the cheaper end of your wants list than blowing your credit card on a couple of big price items.

Totally agree with this - I've been buying only cheap tunes for the last 4 years and there are still thousands to go!

What better pleasure than playing something you paid a few quid for that people totally love (hang on I can think of a few already, but you know what I mean)

Dave

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Ok folks...these two i'm specifically after for the end of the month...anyone who has one for sale I can send a pre dated cheque for the end of August...give me a shout if you have one for sale...if you want paypal give me a buzz and ill paypal it over when I get paid instead...just putting feelers out for now

thanks in advance :sleep3:

Social source share

Well if it's owt like his last one, much of it was a straight copy - typo's and all - from JM's effort. Word on the street anyway............ :huh:

Social source share

Ok folks...these two i'm specifically after for the end of the month...anyone who has one for sale I can send a pre dated cheque for the end of August...give me a shout if you have one for sale...if you want paypal give me a buzz and ill paypal it over when I get paid instead...just putting feelers out for now

thanks in advance :thumbup:

:sweatingbullets: You kept sayin "at the end of the month" last month Beeks yes.gif

Social source share

Guest Beeks

:sweatingbullets: You kept sayin "at the end of the month" last month Beeks :thumbup:

Your having a laugh Pete...spent a fortune this month on vinyl...im on beans on toast already hahaha :shades:laugh.gif

Social source share

Source Advert