Mac Is Packing His Suitcase & Heading Out Of London

It's been on the cards for a while now & sadly my very good mate Alistair MacDonald better known as Mac (&/or Peter Barnes..In Joke :D amongst us sitc boys) is leaving his job in London & heading home to Oswestry where he'll be getting under Lindas feet & becoming a chauffeur to Kate & Jonathon.

Mac is one of the good guys on the London Northern scene & I for one will miss him. Never a bad word to say about anyone, just loves his music, his beer & occasionaly his hash :) relax he hasn't taken up smoking :) it's some running thing with copius amounts of beer that he's involved with.

Anyway I'm sure that everyone who knows him will want to have a beer & say a fond farewell to the old bugger & so on Thursday 7th August we'll be at the Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street, London SE1 3QP....a 5 min walk from London Bridge Station. which is where the Blue Skies hold their do dahs..............

..................... & of course there'll be music on the night, & I'm sure that we'll all get the chance to once again take the piss out of Mac as he rampages around the dance floor :rolleyes:

(who nicked the dance emoticon?)

Not sure what time the music will start, depends on how quickly RBman can get his equipment ready for action :( but about 7.30ish I reckon, but the bar of course will be open all day.......... with a farewell drink for Mac I think this night could get a little messy.... Oh & there'll be a fair amount of eye candy on the night.(so I'm told)

Forget eastenders get out of the house & say cheers & tara to an old cadger :P:wave::ohmy:

:unsure:

• Replies 35
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

count me in Dave...I'd love to be there to say a farewell to the silly ole sod :rolleyes: .I feel the dance floors of london could become a little safer now without our Mac strutting his stuff.

Toby..

As Dave G says...Mac is a truly nice bloke and I'll be sorry to see him leave London but I intend to help see him off with a bang so I've booked the Friday following off work :huh: .

I hope to have the decks to the pub by 6.30pm....

m

Never thought I'd have to take Martin's sensible lead :huh: but given the likely form that this farewell to a true gent will take :thumbup::shades:beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif Friday also booked off work.

With trips to Nationwide Conference mega venues all over the country following mighty Wrecsam in store next season, I'm sure we can look forward to Mac combining trips to famous, football crazy outposts like Grays, Crawley and Stevenage with attendance at London soul events in the future. :lol:

If Chrissie shows up we can have an Eisteddfod :D

Taff

Mac is one of the good guys on the London Northern scene & I for one will miss him. Never a bad word to say about anyone, just loves his music, his beer & occasionaly his hash ohmy.gif relax he hasn't taken up smoking :shades: it's some running thing with copius amounts of beer that he's involved with.

I'll second that :thumbup:

Hope to get along on the 7th to say a fond farewell (temporarily, I hope) :D

No doubt it will be another one of these nights beer.gifbeer.gif:huh::huh::lol:

I'll second that thumbsup.gif

Hope to get along on the 7th to say a fond farewell (temporarily, I hope) :D

No doubt it will be another one of these nights beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Thanks all, really looking forward to it! Hopefully Martin & Dave will throw in a few 6t's sounds so I can demonstrate my skills on the dancefloor "gliding" effortlessly across the floor whistling.gif Rob is hoping to come .....so the dancefloor will not be a safe place whistling.gif

Hope to see you down at the Horseshoe it will be a packer :thumbup:

Hi Chrissie

Martin hopes to get there at 6.30 so aim for 7 if the BS is anything to go by:lol:

We'll be there from about 5.30.

See you soon!

I will be there for about 5.30 but will have to get away about 9.30 at the latest as it is a school night. ohmy.gif

QoFxx

Yep. Top man. One of the best.

I cant make the drink Dave but give him my best.

Mike,

I hit delete and not reply to your PM.....

If you are coming to London for the 6Ts allnighter at 100 club try to pop into are little alldayer as a warm up....

And just to clear things up the music for Mac's farewell is being provided by Dave Greenhill and Martin Thomson (and not me)......

Mike,

I hit delete and not reply to your PM.....

If you are coming to London for the 6Ts allnighter at 100 club try to pop into are little alldayer as a warm up....

And just to clear things up the music for Mac's farewell is being provided by Dave Greenhill and Martin Thomson (and not me)......

Thank Fffffffffffff for that :lol::lol: only joking sweetie. unsure.gif

QoFxx

:thumbup:

Mind you it will give the locals a treat to hear decent music for once instead of Martin and I :lol: - with the exception of Toby, Steve and our guests over the last 8 months :lol:

Just a little worried if they will let us two back after this :D

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

Just to clarify............

You don't have to know Mac to attend this "do" entry is free & everybody is welcome........

..........mind you even if you don't know him, after he's had a few beers & decides to teach all the girls from his "work" how to dance to a northern track you certainly won't forget him :D

onto.gif

You don't have to know Mac to attend this "do" entry is free & everybody is welcome........

..........mind you even if you don't know him, after he's had a few beers & decides to teach all the girls from his "work" how to dance to a northern track you certainly won't forget him :lol:

Will the knees be on show :lol:

QoFxx

..........mind you even if you don't know him, after he's had a few beers & decides to teach all the girls from his "work" how to dance to a northern track you certainly won't forget him :lol:

:lol:

If Chrissie shows up we can have an Eisteddfod :lol:

Taff

Nothing like a few Hymns and Arias................ :lol:

I was out and about in the hostelrys of Oswestry last weekend and have pre warned them of his return, posters were going up all over the town with photos of him and the warning "BEWARE" and when I left on Sunday morning I saw evidence of blockades/fall out shelters etc being erected :thumbup:

The Wynnstay was surrounded by barbed wire, The Iron Works (by the way a very suitable venue for a soul night :( - get it sorted Mac and we can all come up to annoy you) had posters with "MAC NO GO AREA" and the Smithfield & The Griffin were considering closing down for a couple of months till the flak had died down :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

thought I'd give this a gentle nudge seeing as Thursday is nearly here. Me and Dave are intending to play a broad mix of stuff including some of Mac's trademark stomping oldies (it wouldn't be right if we didn't) but also some jazzy latiny funky R&Bey stuff, some motown classics, some modern and maybe even some cheesy disco depending on the turnout :lol:

But don't let that put you off :lol: and I hope that some of you will come along to give our very good friend a suitable send off. wink.gif

thought I'd give this a gentle nudge seeing as Thursday is nearly here. Me and Dave are intending to play a broad mix of stuff including some of Mac's trademark stomping oldies (it wouldn't be right if we didn't) but also some jazzy latiny funky R&Bey stuff, some motown classics, some modern and maybe even some cheesy disco depending on the turnout :D

But don't let that put you off :D and I hope that some of you will come along to give our very good friend a suitable send off. :D

Sounds great Martin but this bit concerns me laugh.gif

but also some jazzy latiny funky R&Bey stuff, some modern and maybe even some cheesy disco depending on the turnout smile.gif

Could you save this very special stuff till later in the evening................................I have to get the 9.30 train :P:lol::lol:

See ya Thursday :lol:

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Bloody hell Mac. Some brilliant posts. Do they realise it is you that is leaving? :lol:

I for one am very grateful to you for being the number one dance tutor for any of the novices I have brought down over the past few years. And indeed for your kind introductions to one or two. Remember the bar maid at The Old Blue Last. Never did work out why she took off with that landlord. Ah well, no accounting for taste.

Mac I will be there from 5.00pm mate. Looking forward to a great night. Also booked Friday off. I simply can't see me being up before noon.

Pete

New Liver plugged in following Saturday's festivities and Friday booked off work so it's all looking good for a typical night out with Mac :yes::P:D:lol::no::lol:

Pic of young Mac below so the unwary know to take evasive action on the dancefloor when he appears :D

Taff

post-2792-1217941165.jpg

Edited by Saxafone
Guest welshruss

Never thought I'd have to take Martin's sensible lead :huh: but given the likely form that this farewell to a true gent will take :D:D:(beer.gifbeer.gif Friday also booked off work.

With trips to Nationwide Conference mega venues all over the country following mighty Wrecsam in store next season, I'm sure we can look forward to Mac combining trips to famous, football crazy outposts like Grays, Crawley and Stevenage with attendance at London soul events in the future. :lol:

If Chrissie shows up we can have an Eisteddfod :D

Taff

Mac,

we will welcome you back with open arms on "the kop" mate.Just need another 1998 people to turn up and we,ll have a decent gate :unsure:

Mac,

we will welcome you back with open arms on "the kop" mate.Just need another 1998 people to turn up and we,ll have a decent gate thumbup.gif

Oh just stop it Mac, we all know it's you under a different log in ....There can't possibly be 2 Wrexham fans on here :ohmy:

Looking forward to Mac leaving.... oops I mean Macs leaving bash, I did threaten to play a few old Clifton Hall type "modern oldies" but I don't want to upset Chrissie so probably stick with a cheap as chips nothing over £20 night ...should be fun :thumbsup:

Oh just stop it Mac, we all know it's you under a different log in ....There can't possibly be 2 Wrexham fans on here :lol:

Looking forward to Mac leaving.... oops I mean Macs leaving bash, I did threaten to play a few old Clifton Hall type "modern oldies" but I don't want to upset Chrissie so probably stick with a cheap as chips nothing over £20 night ...should be fun thumbsup.gif

You can play what you like as Chrissie is in hospital (again) .....now with a broken foot. Get well soon.

I spoke to Mac last night and he had already started.....this is going to be some night...I feel it in my bones/liver already.

Oi Mac I'll text you my index number so you can get me a congestion charge ticket....

M

You can play what you like as Chrissie is in hospital (again) .....now with a broken foot. Get well soon.

I spoke to Mac last night and he had already started.....this is going to be some night...I feel it in my bones/liver already.

Oi Mac I'll text you my index number so you can get me a congestion charge ticket....

M

Yes I heard.... fancy doing that, she must be the Queen of fools

Looking forward to tonight unfortunately can only have the one sherry or half a shandy & then go onto water, as I have to go to work tomorrow :sleep3:

Hi Everyone! Really looking forward to tonight...it's gonna be a packer...lots of none soulies so be patient!

Dave & Martin, they know not to ask for Britney etc in fact they are looking forward to hearing Northern? shades.gif No doubt there will be a few soulies to help with a bit of dance floor tution...Pete, RB Man to name but two :huh:

Thank you to all that can make it along and if you can't it's been a ball! The SITC days are still dear to my heart!

KTF and have a cracker!!

Mac

Ps.......I've just had lunch and dinner out for the last weeks and plus boozey lunch and champagne at 6!! So stand by team!!! thumbup.gif

Dave & Martin, they know not to ask for Britney etc in fact they are looking forward to hearing Northern? shades.gif No doubt there will be a few soulies to help with a bit of dance floor tution...Pete, RB Man to name but two :huh:

Phew!

Looking forward to it :D

PS I left the disco at home in the end - once you go down that route there's NO coming back wink.gif

Hi Everyone! Really looking forward to tonight...it's gonna be a packer...lots of none soulies so be patient!

Dave & Martin, they know not to ask for Britney etc in fact they are looking forward to hearing Northern? :shades: No doubt there will be a few soulies to help with a bit of dance floor tution...Pete, RB Man to name but two whistling.gif

Thank you to all that can make it along and if you can't it's been a ball! The SITC days are still dear to my heart!

KTF and have a cracker!!

Mac

Ps.......I've just had lunch and dinner out for the last weeks and plus boozey lunch and champagne at 6!! So stand by team!!! :thumbup:

Oh bugger I've brought my Britney collection :ohmy: ............but thats enough about my photos

beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif Batten down the hatches Macs on a roll :sweatingbullets:

• 4 weeks later...