• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

WHATS THE PRICE ON THIS ON BIG T?

CHEERS

DAZ

Hi

I'm not sure on current price, However it did have a couple of runs at the Pressing Plant on BIG T.

Think it's probably similar Value though.

NOT a Mega-Rarity, but Still Very Desirable on BIG T in my opinion, first label I owned it on.

Really takes me back to the days before Imports became widespread in UK.

The Record Collector 2008 has the BIG T Copy at £25, Mojo at £10

Pye Disco Demand £15 with Picture cover, £10 without.

Big_T_BIG-104a.jpgBig_T_BIG-104a_2.jpg

An awesome record. Issued a few times on Various Labels UK

Including this one on Mojo, which kept to the same A & B Side to the BIG T copy & U.S.A. Roulette.

Mojo_2092-010a.jpgRoulette_R-4754a.jpgRoulette_R-4754a_DJ.jpg

I have the PYE Copy somewhere, Picture cover etc.

Pye_DDS-111a_Pic-1.gif

Which brings me to a recent thread about FOOTSIE on a Pale Blue PYE Label.

Irish Label "Seven Days Too Long" on the flip side.

Scan Courtesy of Dawnie

post-4308-1192400315_thumb.jpg Click on Label for thread.

Unusual Item, I haven't seen one before.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi

I'm not sure on current price, However it did have a couple of runs at the Pressing Plant on BIG T.

Think it's probably similar Value though.

NOT a Mega-Rarity, but Still Very Desirable on BIG T in my opinion, first label I owned it on.

Really takes me back to the days before Imports became widespread in UK.

The Record Collector 2008 has the BIG T Copy at £25, Mojo at £10

Pye Disco Demand £15 with Picture cover, £10 without.

Big_T_BIG-104a.jpgBig_T_BIG-104a_2.jpg

An awesome record. Issued a few times on Various Labels UK

Including this one on Mojo, which kept to the same A & B Side to the BIG T copy & U.S.A. Roulette.

Mojo_2092-010a.jpgRoulette_R-4754a.jpgRoulette_R-4754a_DJ.jpg

Pye_DDS-111a_Pic-1.gif

Which brings me to a recent thread about FOOTSIE on a Pale Blue PYE Label.

Irish Label "Seven Days Too Long" on the flip side.

Scan Courtesy of Dawnie

post-4308-1192400315_thumb.jpg Click on Label for thread.

Unusual Item, I haven't seen one before.

This is what I did to my Pye Disco Demand copy... You do silly things when your young!!

P smile.gif

post-9683-1216972937_thumb.jpg

post-9683-1216972982_thumb.jpg

post-9683-1216972937_thumb.jpg

post-9683-1216972982_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Someone once told me that Chuck Wood was actually J R Bailey - anyone confirm ?

One of his songwriting partners, Johnny Northern, is usually hanging out with his friends at 50th and Broadway in NY when I'm on my way home from work every night. Next time I see him, I'll ask him. He has a pretty good memory for things like this.

Social source share

One of his songwriting partners, Johnny Northern, is usually hanging out with his friends at 50th and Broadway in NY when I'm on my way home from work every night. Next time I see him, I'll ask him. He has a pretty good memory for things like this.

That would be brilliant Mate, look forward to Information.

Surprised that BIG T "Seven Days Too Long" isn't easy to sell Pete,

we were ALL looking for records like this when I first started collecting.

Must be a Nostalgia thing for me, as I quite like Label.

It would be Interesting to reflect on just how many 60's records had actually been Discovered during the 60's.

Mainly Via UK Labels.

In comparision to today, only a small percentage of those 60's gems, that we now consider well known.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Pye_DDS-111a_Pic-1.gif

Love the picture cover Roger, very tasty. Only ever seen the Roulette & Mojo presses.

Social source share

Had a chat with Johnny Northern last night. He doesn't think JR Bailey ever used the name Chuck Wood. He thought he only went under variations of his own name - Jimmy Bailey, JR Bailey, Ralph Bailey.

Social source share

Nothing to do with rarity of the record, but an interesting story about the record...

I bought my USA Roulette copy from an ex-army radio DJ who was stationed in Vietnam. The Chuck Wood was one his most requested records. The copy I bought (and still own) was the one he played while in Vietnam.

Gene

Social source share

I think the story of who Chuck Wood is was told to Kev Roberts by his DJ mate Bob Shannon a couple of years ago. Kev did tell me the story of how the name came up and how Bob (at least I think it was Bob) was surprised that we didn't know who it was, but I never recorded it. Maybe Sam or Kev could relay the story and the name of who it really is?

Social source share

I think the story of who Chuck Wood is was told to Kev Roberts by his DJ mate Bob Shannon a couple of years ago. Kev did tell me the story of how the name came up and how Bob (at least I think it was Bob) was surprised that we didn't know who it was, but I never recorded it. Maybe Sam or Kev could relay the story and the name of who it really is?

Bob Shannon the US DJ?

Social source share

Had a chat with Johnny Northern last night. He doesn't think JR Bailey ever used the name Chuck Wood. He thought he only went under variations of his own name - Jimmy Bailey, JR Bailey, Ralph Bailey.

He was definitely one of the writers of 'Seven Days Too Long' along with Vernon Harrell so it's possible that he performed the vocals - sure someone will come up with a definite answer

Social source share

Bob Shannon the US DJ?

Yep, That's the one Greg. Wish I could remember the details. Another mystery 'solved' that week by pure accident was the Adams Apples. (At least I didn't know who they were even if everyone else may have :wicked: ). They walked into the hotel foyer just as the event was finishing I think. (I'd legged it up to the Catskills by then).

Social source share

Yep, That's the one Greg. Wish I could remember the details. Another mystery 'solved' that week by pure accident was the Adams Apples. (At least I didn't know who they were even if everyone else may have :wicked: ). They walked into the hotel foyer just as the event was finishing I think. (I'd legged it up to the Catskills by then).

This all sounds pretty dubious to me.

Social source share

Thanks Mate, Information such as this is priceless.

I'm certain we will find out who Chuck Wood really is.

Hi Dave

Just wondering if this was broadcast during one of Kevs Radio Shows.

I did tape a few of his shows I'll have to have a listen to them again.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

This all sounds pretty dubious to me.

Nothing dubious about it at all as far as I know Greg, Adams Apples were a black group that Kev managed to get an interview with including photos. I think the photos (and the story) were related in the last issue of the mag he used to publish. I've seen the photo and read the piece and I'm sure someone else could confirm the details, or even scan the page?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!