Fabulous Playmates On Select - Rare Rare Rare

Guest duncanm

Guest duncanm

A very very nice EX+ copy of this monster 80s record

The Fabulous Playmates - Don't turn your back on love - I ain't gonna be no fool for you on Select S200

A very rare Bay Area 1985 choon - best offer over £400 secures it.

Accepting offers till next sunday at midnight ,will try to update the post daily with the highest bid.

Payment by direct IBAN transfer or paypal .

Thanks for looking

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest duncanm

Best offer so far is £450 - will try and upload clips from both sides tomorrow,as I 've received a couple inquiries about playgrade - thanks :-)

Social source share

A very very nice EX+ copy of this monster 80s record

The Fabulous Playmates - Don't turn your back on love - I ain't gonna be no fool for you on Select S200

A very rare Bay Area 1985 choon - best offer over £400 secures it.

Accepting offers till next sunday at midnight ,will try to update the post daily with the highest bid.

Payment by direct IBAN transfer or paypal .

Thanks for looking

Troop;

If anyone doubts the rareity of this amazing tunage, I remember this surfacing on the Soul Bowl New, recent page for 4.00, it only lasted for one listing and I know loads of soulies who tried to buy one at the time and failed.

Gouch

Social source share

Troop;

If anyone doubts the rareity of this amazing tunage, I remember this surfacing on the Soul Bowl New, recent page for 4.00, it only lasted for one listing and I know loads of soulies who tried to buy one at the time and failed.

Gouch

Remember it well matey thumbsup.gif

John advertised it at £4 with the note 'The Carstairs of the 80's' (or summat like that!).............so I bought it blind........one of me better decisions methinks :lol:

Desert Island disc now for me!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Not as many as I had hoped as I never got one :lol: . Suppose its the price you have to pay, leaving for work before the postman arrives. I potentially lost out on so many things.

Me too John, I ended up getting my list delivered to Worcester Park telephone exchange so I could be in with a chance........."but that beep beep beep was just blowing my mind" :D:D

BH

Social source share

Guest duncanm

Thanks for your inputs boys - as you say : quite a rare one ,so don't sleep on this if you're interested in! clips uploaded so you can all judge on playgrade - thanks :-)

Best offer so far is £475 -

Social source share

Remember it well matey
:lol:

John advertised it at £4 with the note 'The Carstairs of the 80's' (or summat like that!).............so I bought it blind........one of me better decisions methinks
:D

Desert Island disc now for me!

Cheers

Steve

Think the blurb was "only 300 pressed an instant collectable" or summat like that

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest duncanm

Still at £475 - would have expected a bit more interst ,to be honest..maybe is not that well known? or maybe it's not an "instant" record??

Social source share

Still at £475 - would have expected a bit more interst ,to be honest..maybe is not that well known? or maybe it's not an "instant" record??

Would have thought it was well known amongst those into 70's/80's modern...killer two sider. Got great trades on mine when it went a few years back

Trivia: When I spoke to him about 5 years ago Harold Andrews told me that he sold the rights to the songs to label boss Ray Simmons (he of the percussion for exercise routines 'fame' CDs) for $100 but that being new to the business Simmons did nothing with the record. He's down as the producer but swears it was he not Hank Gray who wrote the songs. There you go, told you it was trivial. :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!