Debonettes - Tears - Merry

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for all the replies. Must admit I'm surprised at the low price tag, it's not an easy one to find...or is it?

Sounded great when I've heard it played out :D .

Adam.

Social source share

I found one of these in one of my boxes when pulling some sales stuff, didn't remember it so gave it a quick spin and promptly put in the playbox, great little 45 and not one that pops up much as you say

Similar to me, just found it in my boxes whilst digging through them earlier. gave it a quick spin and remembered hearing it played out quite recently and being very impressed. Think I'll put it in my play box, would take a lot more than £30-£60 to tempt me into selling it.

In fact I would quite happily buy up spares at those sort of prices if anyone's got one to sell :lol::lol:

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

hi adam how are you doing everthing ok i hope

sold 2copys while i was at home one to johnny fingers and one to flanny nobby seem to no the record was played at stafford

sid

Hi Sid,

Doing well thanks mate, hope you are as well? Must admit didn't know much about this one myself but great record. I've heard Fingers play it out and it sounds great. Pretty sure Flanny played it at Middleton but could just be my mind slipping as old age sets in!

Look forward to seeing you when you're back next.

Adam.

Social source share

Thanks for all the replies. Must admit I'm surprised at the low price tag, it's not an easy one to find...or is it?

Sounded great when I've heard it played out yes.gif .

Adam.

adam,

it's certainly not common, but we sold it for the group ballad side, which i thought was better, i think i have another around here somewhere i'll have to play the other side and take greater care in listening. i may have missed one..

john

Social source share

I'd like a clean copy of this, if someone can oblige... I was thinking about £75 for it :lol:

you would be lucky now to get this for less than £150 theres massive demand on it now....

and also to adam i was first to reactivate it at middleton to a packed dancefloor ........FUNKY NORTHERN TO DIE FOR in the same vain as the Downbeats say the word on dawn and if angela davis can go for serious money then surely the Debonettes is on the way.

Edited by Flanny
Social source share

you would be lucky now to get this for less than £150 theres massive demand on it now....

and also to adam i was first to reactivate it at middleton to a packed dancefloor ........FUNKY NORTHERN TO DIE FOR in the same vain as the Downbeats say the word on dawn and if angela davis can go for serious money then surely the Debonettes is on the way.

Always rated this, and have been playing it out over the past few years.......killer deep flip side too...both sides proper soul

Social source share

Hi Flanny,

Thought I had heard you play it at Middleton....good to know my minds not totally gone! It was the April nighter there? Credit where it's due Flanny it's storming record and you picked a winner to reactivate with this one thumbsup.gif .

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Adam.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The lack of PM's I received means I think you might be right about the price... so, has anyone got a copy for £150, please?

Social source share

Got one for sale if anyone's interested? Condition's not brilliant vg- but plays fine,bit of surface noise fine for Djing as they say... Never seen another so can't compare sound on a mint one.

Pm me if your interested with your number and can play it down the phone,then make me an offer if it's to your satisfaction??

Cheers ady

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!