Preludes - Deeper Than That - Harthon

Tomagnus

Hi,

Just got myself a copy of this lovely record, sounds fine but I'm unsure of it's status... I was a bit surprised that there seems to be quite little info on the net on Harthon, the various label designs etc.

It has the black-on-orange straight Harthon label design. The "Deeper than that" side is labeled as H-140-B, runout groove says (in capitals) "virtue studios phila. pa. usa." and "H-140-B". The record feels a bit like styrene but the labels are moulded over so it's got to be vinyl then (right?).

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

Just got myself a copy of this lovely record, sounds fine but I'm unsure of it's status... I was a bit surprised that there seems to be quite little info on the net on Harthon, the various label designs etc.

It has the black-on-orange straight Harthon label design. The "Deeper than that" side is labeled as H-140-B, runout groove says (in capitals) "virtue studios phila. pa. usa." and "H-140-B". The record feels a bit like styrene but the labels are moulded over so it's got to be vinyl then (right?).

Originals are on a red label

Social source share

Thanks solidhit, I almost expected that (though I was hoping not of course)..

A bit confusing, since Bernard Williams seems to be original on an orange label..

the bernard williams has a different font though, it's curved, the 70s John Anderson represses have the straight harthon with an orange label. There was a thread about this maybe a year ago with scans of everything.

Social source share

the bernard williams has a different font though, it's curved, the 70s John Anderson represses have the straight harthon with an orange label. There was a thread about this maybe a year ago with scans of everything.

Found the thread here.. Thanks again for the help.

Always nice to get a frisbee for the summer holidays..

/Magnus

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!