Awesome 100% Oldies Night Evesham

check out WWW.SMOKINSHOOZ.COM for event photo's

250 like-minded people from as far as Glasgow, Devon and Wales made the trip to Evesham, Worcestershire on 12th July for an evening of unadulterated pleasure of 100% Northern OLDIES and Tamla Motown classics.

Del Boy and the Oxford Soul Club were in attendance, as were Jimmy (top dancer) from Witney. Thanks to Kate from Bath, Susie and Graham from Newport and who can forget the Worcester Soul Posse for their support-(I've never seen Steve Picker dance so much). It was also good to see so many people from Evesham in attendance. Not all of them are out and out Northern addicts, but they do like their Motown. Great to see Macca still producing the goods on the floor. Likewise Steve, Mick and Millie Metro.

The DJ line up of Mick Bennett (Junction 11), Soul Time Steve & Scooby (St George Soul Club, Bromsgrove), Ronnie (Shrewsbury) and myself-Smokinshooz -were full of praise for everyone who attended.

A covert dance competition was held. Everyone was judged over the night- (I think this is a fairer system to assess dancers). Emo won best male and Gail won best female-well done to both of you. Bottles of champagne were given as prizes.

In response to requests, I will be holding another 100% OLDIES night on October 18th -please send me your email address to enable me to confirm ticket allocation. Keep checking smokingshooz.com and Soul Source for details.

Special thanks have to go to John and Julie Flint from Evesham who worked so hard in helping to promote the event.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages of congratulations.

Hi Charlie,

Just to say that we had a really great time last night. The hall was lovely - very ornate and the dance floor was absolutely superb, the best by far I've ever danced on!!! The people were friendly and the parking was just so easy. The dance floor was pretty much full all night - I think that's such a good sign that people are having a good time and loving the music. We'll definitely be at the next one... you did a great job :-))

Thanks again

S & G

Newport

Hello Charlie,

Just to say how much we enjoyed your Northern event last Saturday, when is the next one!

The venue, music and dance floor were perfect. Did look out for you, but you seemed quite busy. Everyone was very friendly, and Mr T treated me like some long lost brother.

Well done and keep me posted.

Regards M

Birmingham

Greetings Charlie,

Just a note to say, " thank you" for last night.

It was one of the best soul nights I have had in years. Many thanks for all the work and effort you and everybody put in. We all had a great night superb music no garbage. My mate Sean came all the way from Glasgow with his girlfriend especially for support. Once again thanks very much.

G

Worcester

Charlie

Legendary dancers, awesome sounds, fantastic venue-you did a great job. When's the next one?

F

Evesham

So everyone reading this-

Keep a spare battery handy for your pacemaker, order those replacement hips, book yourself in with your Osteopath and I look forward to seeing you at the next Smokinshooz OLDIES evening at Evesham Public Hall, Worcestershire on October 18th.

It really was a privilege to play to such an appreciative, warm and receptive audience.

Oldies never die

They just sound better with age

Smokinshooz

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest cocopachino

This was truly a fantastic all round event ~ the best by FAR I've been to for a long time (imo). The venue was very clean (including ladies loos), the room itself was very ornate, the dancefloor was absolutely superb ~ very slippery, no talc needed, parking was a doddle, we parked FREE right outside Evesham Public Hall, the people so friendly with a super atmosphere..... and then of course there was the music; I appreciate music is an individual taste, but for my partner and myself (and I believe over 200 other people), it was perfect.

So much credit must go to Charlie, he was SUCH a nice guy and he personally made such a fuss of us all as we came through the door.

One gripe ~ it didn't go on long enough :-))

Charlie, you can count us in, we will defo be at the next one smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Thank's for the kind words. I'm having another OLDIES night at Evesham on October 18th 8pm to 2am. Look forward to heariong from you. Check out www.smokinshooz.com for details.

Cheers

Hi Charlie

A cracking night look forward to the next one..

You need to sort the bar out..

Jon