Has Anyone Ever Heard This?

Pete S

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I dunno - something like Dusty Wilson is just as slow and that's sold for up to a grand.

I'd like to hear a top quality audio file of the whole thing before I make my mind up really.

JMO, but I don't need to hear the whole thing.

Anyhow, which Dusty Wilson?

It's Gonna Be A Tragedy? Nearly as bad as Frank Furter.

Better Than You? Even worse.

BUT, like I said, just my opinion.

Just think of the tons of records you could buy for £500 well better than FF & The Hotdogs.

Social source share

JMO, but I don't need to hear the whole thing.

Anyhow, which Dusty Wilson?

It's Gonna Be A Tragedy? Nearly as bad as Frank Furter.

Better Than You? Even worse.

BUT, like I said, just my opinion.

Just think of the tons of records you could buy for £500 well better than FF & The Hotdogs.

Yes, Gonna be a tragedy - I thought this was overrated but I think it was Chalky put a file up on here one day and I listened to it properly and I still remember it sending chills down my spine, I now think it's one of the best records I've ever heard.

Social source share

Yes, Gonna be a tragedy - I thought this was overrated but I think it was Chalky put a file up on here one day and I listened to it properly and I still remember it sending chills down my spine, I now think it's one of the best records I've ever heard.

Well, only goes to show, different strokes, etc . . . . . .

Keep smiling Pete. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Don't, just thinking about hot dogs is making me salivate, despite there being a joint of beef cooking :thumbsup:

Strange that Pete

was thinkin exactly that myself

Was at a scooter rally yesterday on the drink,woke with a stonkin head(no painkillers anywhere :lol: ),hungry but didnt know what i wanted till now :yes:

Whats even better is theres some fresh "hotdog buns" in the bread bin and a tin of hotdogs in the cupboard smile.gif:g:

Just off to peel some onions!

Social source share

Strange that Pete

was thinkin exactly that myself

Was at a scooter rally yesterday on the drink,woke with a stonkin head(no painkillers anywhere :lol: ),hungry but didnt know what i wanted till now :yes:

Whats even better is theres some fresh "hotdog buns" in the bread bin and a tin of hotdogs in the cupboard smile.gif:g:

Just off to peel some onions!

:thumbsup: same here, we've decided to have the roast tomorrow and I'm doing hotdogs instead, though they are Herta frankfurters and they aren't my favourites.

Wish you could buy those sausages they used to sell in the Wimpy, the 'round' ones, come to think of it, I wish there was a Wimpy near us, nearest is 25 miles away, Stafford services

Social source share

"Frank Furter and the hot dogs " on Uptown records ,it's called "imitation"

books at £500

need to know if a) thats a realistic price and cool.gif what it's like

this was never a 500 pound record before it booked like that, more like a $40 record. sort of hard to find but not impossible. The pic sleeve is very hard to find though. I'm guessing it would go maybe $100-$200 on ebay now. The label comes with two ways, if i remember correctly, one with green print and one with black print. there is also a garage band that does 'imitation' on uptown also, i'm forgetting what it is right now.

Social source share

this was never a 500 pound record before it booked like that, more like a $40 record. sort of hard to find but not impossible. The pic sleeve is very hard to find though. I'm guessing it would go maybe $100-$200 on ebay now. The label comes with two ways, if i remember correctly, one with green print and one with black print. there is also a garage band that does 'imitation' on uptown also, i'm forgetting what it is right now.

There's a great record called "Imitation of life" on Uptown, probably the same one you mean? but it's actually by a girl group and is brilliant. Can't remember the name of the artists, sorry. JUst remembered - The Groove Stick

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

How did it suddenly become £500? The strange world of northern soul...

Social source share

There's a great record called "Imitation of life" on Uptown, probably the same one you mean? but it's actually by a girl group and is brilliant. Can't remember the name of the artists, sorry. JUst remembered - The Groove Stick

Are you sure the groove stick is a girl group? That is the one I'm talking about. I think it's a male garage group. I could be wrong though.

Maybe you are thinking of the totally excellent imitation of life by the voices on marlu / blue soul, etc. That is a totally different song which is actually good.

Social source share

Are you sure the groove stick is a girl group? That is the one I'm talking about. I think it's a male garage group. I could be wrong though.

Maybe you are thinking of the totally excellent imitation of life by the voices on marlu / blue soul, etc. That is a totally different song which is actually good.

No, it's girls, definitely - or maybe I'm just hearing a girly chorus. Definitely on Uptown though, last release on the label, had it a couple of times and always liked it. I@m sure I put it on a cd compilation I did years ago, I'll see if I can find it.

Social source share

No, it's girls, definitely - or maybe I'm just hearing a girly chorus. Definitely on Uptown though, last release on the label, had it a couple of times and always liked it. I@m sure I put it on a cd compilation I did years ago, I'll see if I can find it.

Correction, it's male with a girl chorus - but they sound like a black group to me.

Sound file in 5 mins.

Social source share

Just going back to the original subject of the Frank Furter record, the only ones for sale are the two out now on John Manships and Soul45 heaven but the group name just sounds weird thats what is putting people off ..I have NEVER seen one for sale before. The reason I asked in the first place is because a friend of mine has a copy to sell and wanted me to find out about it if possible.

Social source share

Just going back to the original subject of the Frank Furter record, the only ones for sale are the two out now on John Manships and Soul45 heaven but the group name just sounds weird thats what is putting people off ..I have NEVER seen one for sale before. The reason I asked in the first place is because a friend of mine has a copy to sell and wanted me to find out about it if possible.

I've seen it for sale a few times recently, Indiana funk had one on ebay a year ago and it was on ebay a couple more times. I got mine from a barry wickham list a few years ago. There are a lot of records that rarely come up for sale that aren't valuable though and always used to sell for cheap, I guess all those records are becoming valuable though. I have never seen it for sale with the pic sleeve I don't think. I have seen it with a green print label and a black print label, like I mentioned, maybe the green print label is the one that actually came with the pic sleeve but mine is black print. I actually like the track but I can't see that price tag, even if it is hard to find.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert