• Replies 17
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Unbelievable!

This 7" was originally given away as a promotional tool by Max Kidd in the mid 80's whilst he was promoting the Go-Go sound. He gave me 10 copies @ Midem in Cannes and I gave 'em to a few people when I got back - no one knew it at the time.

Bloody wish I'd kept 'em now........ whistling.gif

Ian D :wicked:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable!

This 7" was originally given away as a promotional tool by Max Kidd in the mid 80's whilst he was promoting the Go-Go sound. He gave me 10 copies @ Midem in Cannes and I gave 'em to a few people when I got back - no one knew it at the time.

Bloody wish I'd kept 'em now........ whistling.gif

Ian D :D

An £8-er bitd, still don't understand the NS collectors predeliction with 7"s - the only known statement of fact in the known universe, whereby smaller is better.

I'll take £400 for mine, all day - any takers?

It's clean as.

Social source share

When Al came over here in the late 80s early 90s I remember him saying that he was astounded at the price it was fetching on Fynal Vynal (then about £100) he had recieved very little from this relaease from the promotor etc he was with (not saying anymore due to posible implications) but he decided to release it himself on the Bunky label as he knew the label owner and felt safe with them.

So Al actually brought the Bunky release out as he owned the rights so its as legit as any other release , but he got paid. Cant recall the actual label design of the Bunky release, but if my memory serves me right its looks "dodgy" from other Bunky releases????? :wicked:

Still got his signed photo on the wall in my record room, alongside others. Great bloke and singer.

What a great time I had with indie singers then over here, Clifton Dyson, Roy Galloway, Byrd Pressley, The Waters,Garland Green etc etc

The Man In Black

Social source share

When Al came over here in the late 80s early 90s I remember him saying that he was astounded at the price it was fetching on Fynal Vynal (then about £100) he had recieved very little from this relaease from the promotor etc he was with (not saying anymore due to posible implications) but he decided to release it himself on the Bunky label as he knew the label owner and felt safe with them.

So Al actually brought the Bunky release out as he owned the rights so its as legit as any other release , but he got paid. Cant recall the actual label design of the Bunky release, but if my memory serves me right its looks "dodgy" from other Bunky releases????? :lol:

Still got his signed photo on the wall in my record room, alongside others. Great bloke and singer.

What a great time I had with indie singers then over here, Clifton Dyson, Roy Galloway, Byrd Pressley, The Waters,Garland Green etc etc

The Man In Black

Its just a plain red label and not the same as the 60s Bunkys. I too got one from Al at his gig at Leighton Buzzard mid 90s which was great even if there were only 30 of us there.....Steve

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Its just a plain red label and not the same as the 60s Bunkys. I too got one from Al at his gig at Leighton Buzzard mid 90s which was great even if there were only 30 of us there.....Steve

Twos a good night, got one too.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

The Man In Black

Good times indeed, I recall a Chair that came back to your flat from when Sam Dees was over aswell :P

Edited by Gavin Page
Social source share

Gav

Still got that chair mate, a bit of paint on it since decorating over ther years but hey its a bloody rare chair that.

Sam Dees sat on it for at least a couple of hours.. Ebay JMs Auction or summat similar unlessi get a good private offer

The Man in Black

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

An absolute gem of a track and if like me you dont have several hundred pound to spend on an orignal you can listen to it at home on Goldmine's fantastic ESSENTIAL MODERN SOUL SELECTION.

Ive only heard this played out once by Butch and it made the night for me. Sheer Modern perfection.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Gav

Still got that chair mate, a bit of paint on it since decorating over ther years but hey its a bloody rare chair that.

Sam Dees sat on it for at least a couple of hours.. Ebay JMs Auction or summat similar unlessi get a good private offer

The Man in Black

laugh.gif:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!