The Sound Masters Revisited

Chalky

• Replies 5
  • Views 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has anyone purchased the Sound Masters Revisited cd?

https://cdbaby.com/cd/soundmasters

Only 9 tracks but most unreleased so thought why not. Arrived, in the cd player it went but there's at least three tracks on the cd that jump/skip...dunno what source Herman C uswed for it!!

Anyone else bought this? If so does it have the same problem?

I've had pretty bad luck with cdbaby overall, especially when it's not new artists putting out new CDs. I find when people find their old material is desirable they will press up anything and just send it to cdbaby, often with poor packaging, etc. Is the CD you bought a CD-R or a real CD?

Social source share

I bought Million Dollars Worth Of Rare Soul Vol. 1 off https://www.doowopshoobop.com/ recently for The Out-Of-Sights and its worse than a Goldmine comp. Completely compressed and muffled, sounds like a ripped recording from Soulclub! Do not buy their CDs!

Rarest 200 on Goldmine is appalling too, particularly Conquistadors, Celebrities and Margaret Little...you can actual hear the tinny compression going on. And they retail at £16 or something!!! Rare Soul Review is marginally better, but Robert Tanner on that is f*cked.

Amazing when you think of the quality of the re-mastering on the Kent comps....

Edited by mulf
Social source share

I've had pretty bad luck with cdbaby overall, especially when it's not new artists putting out new CDs. I find when people find their old material is desirable they will press up anything and just send it to cdbaby, often with poor packaging, etc. Is the CD you bought a CD-R or a real CD?

It looks like a new cd, but only just Bob, Herman C must have gone cheapest way of doing it. Have e-mailed Herman and cdbaby, no reply yet and don't expect one. I did get the new Jimmy Radcliffe one from them and that was fine but wil;l be having second thoughs about using them again.

Social source share

It looks like a new cd, but only just Bob, Herman C must have gone cheapest way of doing it. Have e-mailed Herman and cdbaby, no reply yet and don't expect one. I did get the new Jimmy Radcliffe one from them and that was fine but wil;l be having second thoughs about using them again.

I actually sent an angry email to cdbaby the last time I ordered from them just expecting to not get a response and they actually sent me a polite response offering a replacement. I think they will potentially replace it. I don't know why a different CD would play any better if it was pressed at the same time though. It took them like a month to mail something to me but only 3 weeks to send me an automated message asking if I enjoyed the CD they sent me. weak.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!