Valley Soul Commandos - Crickhowell 8th August

Guest Dr Pickles

Guest Dr Pickles

What a great night. :yes:

Packed to the gunnels with friendly, smiling, dancing people.

Some fantastic tunes played. Spot light on Nigel Graham who pulled the early spot but had us dancing at 7.30 thumbup.gif .

Not sure about half hour spots but this worked really well with all the djs jumping in like a game of tag and kept it flowing all night.

Here's my contribution in no particular order:

Bobby Taylor....Oh I've Been Blessed....Red Vinyl VIP Demo

The Superlatives....I Still love You....Uptite

Lenny Williams....I Couldn't Find Nobody....Fantasy Demo

Sam & Bill....I'll try....Decca

Freddie Scott....I'll Be Gone....Shout

Gene Toones....What More Do You Want....Simco Demo

Shep ....Fool To Fool .... TNT Demo

Ted Taylor ....Somebody's Always Trying ....Okeh Demo

Wooden Nickels ....Nobody But You .... Omen Demo

Parisians ....Twinkle Little Star ....Demon Hot

Charades .... Key To My Happiness ....MGM Demo

Cliff Nobles .... My Love Is Getting Stronger .... JV

Velvet Hammer .... Happy ....Soozi

Soul Brother Six .... I'll Be Loving You ....Atlantic

The World Column .... So Is The sun ....Tower

Martha Star .... Love is The Only Solution .... Thelma

Herb Ward .... Honest To Goodness .... RCA Demo

Martha Reeves .... Show Me The Way .... Gordy

Eddie Rey .... I've Got Something Of Value .... True Soul

The Vibrations .... 'Cause You're Mine' .... Epic

Clarence Carter ....If It Don't Fit Don't Force It .... Valtone

Jimmie Raye .... Philly Dog Around The World .... KKC

Shane Martin .... I Need You .... Epic

The Flirtations ....Stronger Than Her Love .... Festival Demo

Fred Hughes .... I Keep Tryin .... Exodus Demo

Many thanks to everyone that made it a great night.

Especially the none DJ'ing promotors Andy and Tracie gallery_1774_234_4343.gif

There is a warm welcome in the valleys.

Doc

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

That was one of the best nights they've had last night Doc.

As you say, the dancing started early. We got there about 8, and already the floor was nicely full.

Neil and Amanda came for the first time. I asked Neil half way though the night, what he thought of it. He said

Its a little too dark, a little too hot, and the music a bit too loud. I love it!!

Quality.

Its funny but even after going to soul do's for most of my life. Some things never fail to cheer me up. We were near the back of the dancefloor all night, and could see the people coming in. One fella paid his money, got his hand stamped, walked into the room. Took 2 steps, straight onto the dancefloor without any hesitation what so ever, and was away dancing. I loved it.

Guest Glawster

First visit to Crickhowell last night , travelled over from Gloucester in the afternoon , bumped into Pete,Cathy, Andy and Tracie in the pub! So top start to a great night.

Excellent venue and DJs - Cant separate any of them as they kept the floor going ALL NIGHT :D - Although I think Sean won on the volume stakes :P

Loved the music being played , enjoyed a bit of passive smoking whilst chatting outside,Strongbow went down very well (cheers Sue for driving! - I will book a hotel early for our next trip here :D )

Overfilled on Chinese from The Beaufort beforehand(got doggy back too!) so eased into the dancing but was constantly popping up and down!

Roll on the next one!

Sue DJing @ Riverside tonight , so MORE SOUL :no: .

riversidesoul.co.uk

Edited by Glawster

This what a great night :thumbup: , i really enjoyed it. yep it was hot, dark and loud and fab. for me it was the best one for a while just that everyone seemed up for it from the off. especially the lads from porthcawl we met in the pub :D . top sets from all Chris, Wazz, Sean & Pete. well done to Andy & Tracie for another top night. cheers Moppy for the Merthyr mafia presence, Pasti maybe the transport network can function without you next time :lol: onwards and upwards so set your calendars for the next in December it's not to be missed.

thanks to all concerned

Huw

thumbup.gif

Edited by BIGH

This what a great night :rolleyes: , i really enjoyed it. yep it was hot, dark and loud and fab. for me it was the best one for a while just that everyone seemed up for it from the off. especially the lads from porthcawl we met in the pub shades.gif . top sets from all Chris, Wazz, Sean & Pete. well done to Andy & Tracie for another top night. cheers Moppy for the Merthyr mafia presence, Pasti maybe the transport network can function without you next time :D onwards and upwards so set your calendars for the next in December it's not to be missed.

thanks to all concerned

Huw

:D

YES GOT TO AGREE WITH ALL, TOP NIGHT, A PACKER EVERYONE UP FOR IT,WELL DONE THE PROMOTERS GREAT JOB AS ALWAYS,

LOOKING FORWARD TO DEC 5TH THE NEXT ONE AT CRICKHOWELL,

WAZZ.

Guest andrew bin

dark hot loud what a night :P

thanks to every one who made the journey to Crickhowel

nigel graham started the night off and what a start it was he set the tone for the entire evening and every one who followed him played an absolute belter keeping the dance floor rammed all night with quality soul music as i knew they would :lol: thanks and well done guys

it's always refreshing and great to see so many happy smiling people there all up for a good time and enjoying themselves, numbers were also up this time and there were quite a few new faces which is always good to see

thanks again for making it a great night see you all on the 5th of December for more of the same

Only got back from deepest Wales late last night but I feel obliged to big up this event which I went to for the first time. Top night, lovely welcoming people, took a few beverages, danced - hope to be at the next one!

Special mention to Mikey for chauffeuring, Andy for scooting around the venue all night making any- and everyone welcome, DJs keeping the floor busy, and the bar staff for rescuing a potential disaster (wot no beer?!?) with quick wit.

Top night - recommended!

must add my comment - better late than never

this was a typical Crickhowell night

great buzz right from the first minute to the last

d-j's working together and playing a great selection of tunes

plenty of old friends and a more than usual sprinkling of new faces

great credit to Andy and Tracy for getting this night to this level and consistently maintaining it !

pete and cathy