Winsford Allnighter

JUST GOT BACK FROM WINSFORD,UNBELIEVABLE DOZENS IN EVEN BEFORE THE START TIME OF 10.O.CLOCK THEN THE SOULIES JUST KEPT ON COMING IN DROVES.THE ATMOSPHERE WAS FRIENDLY AND BUZZING ALL NIGHT,ALL THE DJ,s WERE VERY GOOD GIVING SOMETHING TO CATER FOR EVERY TASTE,OLDIES, CLASSICS, RARE,NITER SOUNDS,R&B AND EVEN A LITTLE SOULFUL MODERN THROWN IN,THIS REMINDED ME OF NIGHTERS IN THE MID 90,s-2000.THE DANCE FLOOR WAS FULL ALL NIGHT SO I WILL LIST THE DJ,s IN THE ORDER THEY PLAYED STEVE SMITH,GARY BEATTIE,MARK&CHICO,STEVE THOMAS, GEOFF CAXTON, SAM MOORE, PETE ECCLES,DAVE RIMMER,AND ROB SMITH,AFTER THIS THERE ARE ONLY 2 MORE WINSFORDS

4TH. OCT. AND THE VERY LAST BEFORE THE BULLDOZERS MOVE IN FEB 7TH 2009.I DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT ANY OF THOSE THERE LAST NIGHT WILL WANT TO MISS ANY OF THOSE I KNOW I WON,T,RIGHT OFF FOR A REST IN SHEER BLISS.

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Absolutely cracking night, thanks to all those that made our journey worthwhile, spent most of the night, laughing or just smiling. :D:D

Too right Anton what a cracker of a night :rolleyes: Mart thought you were smiling cos you had wind :D and also got totally confused, as he thought he had walked into an episode of hawaii five O ohmy.gif and have you joined the Rolf Harris appreciation society??? :g::D:lol: Mart wants to know not me!! not_i.gif:P

JB xxxKTFxxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN

JUST GOT BACK FROM WINSFORD,UNBELIEVABLE DOZENS IN EVEN BEFORE THE START TIME OF 10.O.CLOCK THEN THE SOULIES JUST KEPT ON COMING IN DROVES.THE ATMOSPHERE WAS FRIENDLY AND BUZZING ALL NIGHT,ALL THE DJ,s WERE VERY GOOD GIVING SOMETHING TO CATER FOR EVERY TASTE,OLDIES, CLASSICS, RARE,NITER SOUNDS,R&B AND EVEN A LITTLE SOULFUL MODERN THROWN IN,THIS REMINDED ME OF NIGHTERS IN THE MID 90,s-2000.THE DANCE FLOOR WAS FULL ALL NIGHT SO I WILL LIST THE DJ,s IN THE ORDER THEY PLAYED STEVE SMITH,GARY BEATTIE,MARK&CHICO,STEVE THOMAS, GEOFF CAXTON, SAM MOORE, PETE ECCLES,DAVE RIMMER,AND ROB SMITH,AFTER THIS THERE ARE ONLY 2 MORE WINSFORDS

4TH. OCT. AND THE VERY LAST BEFORE THE BULLDOZERS MOVE IN FEB 7TH 2009.I DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT ANY OF THOSE THERE LAST NIGHT WILL WANT TO MISS ANY OF THOSE I KNOW I WON,T,RIGHT OFF FOR A REST IN SHEER BLISS.

Sorry to nitpick but Chico was flying solo as his hoppo Mark Speakman had a prior engagement,nice to hear Chico spinning some RnB and the usual good uns with some unknown thrown in.

Steve thomas' set outstanding ,all dj's really great varied stuff I heard as left early 3 ish

Yes nice to see numbers nearer the 1998 figures,shame it's gotta go :rolleyes:

Nice talking to Sam Moore again.

Had a fantastic night, as always spent a large part of it in the record bar talking the usual rubbish with the usual suspects! Overdone it slightly at one point whistling.gif so big thanks to Killa and Mr Rivers for keeping an eye on me!

Steve very kindly asked me to double deck with him for the first hour, which I thoroughly enjoyed. We took turns and played 3 records each. Here's the list of stuff I spun.....pretty sure I've got it right:

Bobby Dobyne & Barefacts - Soulful Kind Of Music

Soul City - Cold Hearted Blues

Startones - Lovin You Baby

Endeavors - I Know You Don't Want Me

Contacts - You Gonna Pay

Free & Easy - Peace And Love

Pic & Bill - Talk About Love

Dorothy Berry - Shindig City

Tyn Tymes - Baby I Love You

Carl Holmes - Soul Dance No 3

Vondors - Look In The Mirror

Mary Lou Williams Band feat Leon Thomas - You Know Baby

Edited by Guest

Had a fantastic night, as always spent a large part of it in the record bar talking the usual rubbish with the usual suspects! Overdone it slightly at one point whistling.gif so big thanks to Killa and Mr Rivers for keeping an eye on me!

Steve very kindly asked me to double deck with him for the first hour, which I thoroughly enjoyed. We took turns and played 3 records each. Here's the list of stuff I spun.....pretty sure I've got it right:

Contacts - You Gonna Pay

Nice one Adam :g: especially Tyn Tynes one of my faves rolleyes.gif great to see you as always. :thumbsup:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Contacts - You Gonna Pay

Had a wonderful night. Lots of peoples i had,nt seen for ages turned up. It was like mentioned in a earlier post when Pete & Barry used to run Winsford. Proper BUZZ about the old place.

Adam , It was a pleasure to double deck with you again. Here,s my part of the set

Lou Rawls. You can bring me all of your heartaches. Capitol DJ

Darlene Love. Lord if your a woman. Warner-Spector

Patti Austin. Got to check yourself. Coral DJ.

Peggy March. If you love me. RCA DJ.

Paul Anka. When we get there. RCA.

Benzine. Village of tears. Parkway. DJ.

Florence Devore. Kiss me now. Phi-dan DJ

Ethics. Standing in the darkness. Vent.DJ

Magnifcents. My heart is calling. Dee Gee.

Joey Dee. How can i forget. Caneil.

7 Dwarfs. Stop girl. Ideal.

Mary Love. Lay this burden down. Modern.

Shalimars. Stop and take a look. Verve.

Thanks to everyone that danced and helped to make part 1 of the trilogy a special night.

Steve

Nice one Adam :g: especially Tyn Tynes one of my faves rolleyes.gif great to see you as always. :thumbsup:

JB xxxKTFxxx

Likewise, always good to see you and Mart out and about. Tyn Tymes is just great.....in fact I put it on the decks, started it playing and then jumped onto the dancefloor to dance to it! Will make sure it's in the box for you on 22nd thumbsup.gif

Had a wonderful night. Lots of peoples i had,nt seen for ages turned up. It was like mentioned in a earlier post when Pete & Barry used to run Winsford. Proper BUZZ about the old place.

Adam , It was a pleasure to double deck with you again. Here,s my part of the set

Thanks to everyone that danced and helped to make part 1 of the trilogy a special night.

Steve

Only two left Steve, think they're both going to be 'must go' nights.....but then Winsford is going to be sadly missed.

Adam.

Likewise, always good to see you and Mart out and about. Tyn Tymes is just great.....in fact I put it on the decks, started it playing and then jumped onto the dancefloor to dance to it! Will make sure it's in the box for you on 22nd :thumbsup:

Only two left Steve, think they're both going to be 'must go' nights.....but then Winsford is going to be sadly missed.

Adam.

Adam i know mate. When its gone its gone. But it will be mentioned in the same breath as other famous nighters that have gone before. and i for one will feel privileged to have played a small part in putting it in to peoples hearts so as they can look back with such fond memories.

Steve

My first Winsford, and a great night. Wonderful music and a cracking atmosphere, and I met a few very nice new people too.

In particular it was very interesting talking to Alex, and I'd also like to thank Anton (above) for making me feel very welcome and his information on the London scene, and for the kind offer to introduce me to others (you gave me your card - I'll text you my details at some point), which I hope to take you up on at a future time. 

I decided to take a short cut there, one of the kind which puts an extra 20 mins on the journey, sorry Cess!

Did the same last Burnley, gonna have to stop takin' these "short cuts"

Appart from that, a great night and well done to all.

keep smilin'!

Steve

Great set Steve :ohmy: my pick of em is the 7 Dwarfs :shades:

JB xxxKTFxxx

I,ve ruined my reputation now, there,s a picture of me in Mart,s gallery :thumbup: well reputation was pushing it a bit :huh:

Steve

sorry steve went a bit camera happy again . by the way i did pick the best one out . :rolleyes: what a stormer i will miss winsford as it is my favorite nighter .

mart .

Guest Lynsey_Wez

you know, now i think about it.....im sure it was your spot steve - the 1st spot..there was a song probably about half way through.it was an awesome banging uptempo track, what was that?? meant to ask you that night, but as usual i got carried away with other things & forgot all about it!!! any ideas at this point?? a week later?? lol :thumbsup: