Dexys Soul Records Played Before Their Concerts

Guest DonnaD

Guest DonnaD

Having a Sunday debate on what were the three soul records they always played before they appeared on stage. One was Gladys' The Look Of Love, there was a Marvin, we think, and one other. Anyone remember?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Having a Sunday debate on what were the three soul records they always played before they appeared on stage. One was Gladys' The Look Of Love, there was a Marvin, we think, and one other. Anyone remember?

Get Ady to tell you about the night we went to see a before-they-were-famous Dexy's at the Brighton Top Rank, Donna. If he's not sure what I mean, remind him about "sharing a room"...

Social source share

Get Ady to tell you about the night we went to see a before-they-were-famous Dexy's at the Brighton Top Rank, Donna. If he's not sure what I mean, remind him about "sharing a room"...

I remember the room vividly, it's always a shock when you find an old man asleep in the "spare" bed. No wonder the room was cheap.

I had no idea it was Dexys. Then again I went for twenty years regretting never having seen Curtis Mayfield until Kev Collins told me I had at Dingwalls!

Social source share

I wouldn't know,never seen em' biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!