Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

TOP NORTHERN SOUL RARITY UP FOR OFFERS

RATED @ FOUR FIGURES BY TIM BROWN/KOPPELL

DEBBIE & THE LADDS - DEAR LORD ABOVE - LADD - EX

UPTEMPO NORTHERN STORMER PLAYED @ MIDDLETON NITER

GOES TO THE BEST OFFER OVER £250 BY SUNDAY 17TH

PAYPAL PREFFERED + PAYPAL COSTS POSTAGE £5.60 thanks for looking

Bloody hell Brian ,you selling coz i just got one biggrin.gif .Highly reccomended tune ,will go massive

Salmon

Social source share

Soundclip?

5 or 6 listens since 4:11 pm and I'm miffed that I'm selling records and not buying at the min, else I'd want to be proffering eight hundred quid or sim.

Still can't quite put my finger on it 100% and looking forward to more listens, but feels like entering the arena of awesome.

Sorry for the waffle, good luck with the sale.

Social source share

Ian, like so many of the great ones, they just creep up, grow on you and before you know it... well, I love the record, to me it really packs a punch, full bodied, dead centre northern. Oh and played out, up loud, its quite awesome... it just reaches out of the dark misty dance floor, grabs you by the throat and says..... "DANCE!!!" :lol:

Can't remember when I last saw you "dance" Andy............... :sleep3:

Soulchef................

Social source share

kin awfull run of the mill dross imho of course :lol:

somebody tell me whats special about it !!!

Ian.

Couldn't agree more, Is this gonna be a big northern dancer because a couple of big name dj's have spun it recently so the rest of the followers are after copy :shades: . Rated at 4 figures :thumbup: (no way) seriuosly? Think it's another one of those northern raritys instead of quality. I'm all after new fresh sounds but if it doesn't have the quality why not stick to playing a classic, I mean how could you compare smothing like this to the parisians or jokers etc, just no comparison imo, oh well rant over, each to their own :sleep3: .

Social source share

Couldn't agree more, Is this gonna be a big northern dancer because a couple of big name dj's have spun it recently so the rest of the followers are after copy :wave: . Rated at 4 figures :) (no way) seriuosly? Think it's another one of those northern raritys instead of quality. I'm all after new fresh sounds but if it doesn't have the quality why not stick to playing a classic, I mean how could you compare smothing like this to the parisians or jokers etc, just no comparison imo, oh well rant over, each to their own :sleep3: .

oh dear Callum you dont get it do you? parisians was great in its day and always a good safety net to fall on when required as for the jokers :thumbup: the scene has to move on or we're all fecked. IF RECORDS LIKE DEBBIE & THE LADS was played in the 70.s then it would now be an established classic ,,,,, oh well my rant over keepin it fresh and keepin it interesting and keeping it real and keeping it soulful unlike our darker popier days :lol: ps both them records you mentioned are not soul records if the truth be known they are whiter than my ARSE :shades: but maybe not as many freckles................. :lol:

Social source share

oh dear Callum you dont get it do you? parisians was great in its day and always a good safety net to fall on when required as for the jokers :lol: the scene has to move on or we're all fecked. IF RECORDS LIKE DEBBIE & THE LADS was played in the 70.s then it would now be an established classic ,,,,, oh well my rant over keepin it fresh and keepin it interesting and keeping it real and keeping it soulful unlike our darker popier days :D ps both them records you mentioned are not soul records if the truth be known they are whiter than my ARSE :g: but maybe not as many freckles................. :D

You're right mate, I dont get it now at 22 and I probably wont get it at 42, the northern scenes music taste baffles me. I know what you mean about the scene moving on but surely not in the direction of records like Debbie & The Lads, If people persist on playing records like this for the next 10-15 years the scene will be well and truly fucked :D . We're all trying to find that record that is unknown and scare the shit out of people when they hear it( I think James Trouble has found one in that Little Willie Johnson record) and this just seems to come across as a fairly ordinary middle of the road northern record, If someone offered it me for £25 I'd offer them a £15(tight arse) :P . Tunes like the awesome Jonthan Capree, Parisians, Jimmy Phillips, Wendel Western, Liberation St Singers are the ones that will move the scene on with the younger crowds. I know it's difficult to play a set full of tunes like this and you dont want to overplay them to death but why on earth would anyone resort to playing stuff like this just because someone says it rare and gonna be massive :D . Each to thier own and all that we've all got opinions records :D

P.s - black or white as long as it's got that "Bloody hell whats this ,I've gotta dance" about it, thats what counts.

Callum.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

oh dear Callum you dont get it do you? parisians was great in its day and always a good safety net to fall on when required as for the jokers :D the scene has to move on or we're all fecked. IF RECORDS LIKE DEBBIE & THE LADS was played in the 70.s then it would now be an established classic ,,,,, oh well my rant over keepin it fresh and keepin it interesting and keeping it real and keeping it soulful unlike our darker popier days :lol: ps both them records you mentioned are not soul records if the truth be known they are whiter than my ARSE :D but maybe not as many freckles................. :D

You bloody tell flanny lol :g:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

You're right mate, I dont get it now at 22 and I probably wont get it at 42, the northern scenes music taste baffles me. I know what you mean about the scene moving on but surely not in the direction of records like Debbie & The Lads, If people persist on playing records like this for the next 10-15 years the scene will be well and truly fucked :D . We're all trying to find that record that is unknown and scare the shit out of people when they hear it( I think James Trouble has found one in that Little Willie Johnson record) and this just seems to come across as a fairly ordinary middle of the road northern record, If someone offered it me for £25 I'd offer them a £15(tight arse) :g: . Tunes like the awesome Jonthan Capree, Parisians, Jimmy Phillips, Wendel Western, Liberation St Singers are the ones that will move the scene on with the younger crowds. I know it's difficult to play a set full of tunes like this and you dont want to overplay them to death but why on earth would anyone resort to playing stuff like this just because someone says it rare and gonna be massive :D . Each to thier own and all that we've all got opinions records :D

P.s - black or white as long as it's got that "Bloody hell whats this ,I've gotta dance" about it, thats what counts.

Callum.

Old head on young shoulders.............IMO :lol:

Steve J

Social source share

You're right mate, I dont get it now at 22 and I probably wont get it at 42, the northern scenes music taste baffles me. I know what you mean about the scene moving on but surely not in the direction of records like Debbie & The Lads, If people persist on playing records like this for the next 10-15 years the scene will be well and truly fucked :lol: . We're all trying to find that record that is unknown and scare the shit out of people when they hear it( I think James Trouble has found one in that Little Willie Johnson record) and this just seems to come across as a fairly ordinary middle of the road northern record, If someone offered it me for £25 I'd offer them a £15(tight arse) :P . Tunes like the awesome Jonthan Capree, Parisians, Jimmy Phillips, Wendel Western, Liberation St Singers are the ones that will move the scene on with the younger crowds. I know it's difficult to play a set full of tunes like this and you dont want to overplay them to death but why on earth would anyone resort to playing stuff like this just because someone says it rare and gonna be massive :D . Each to thier own and all that we've all got opinions records :D

Callum.

Well said Callum. ref Debbie & The Ladds it's not everyones cup of tea I agree, but it does have something that moves me personally, and got a good reaction by the dancers at Middleton when played. You're right about about the records you mentioned especially Jonathan Capree & Liberation Street Singers both featured in my sets over the last year or so

but hey god willing I would'nt want to be hearing them week in week out in 20 years time :D

so yes lets keep it interesting , fresh , with a sprinkling of forgotten gems to sweeten the pie :D

and as you mentioned at the end its all about dancefloor reaction and from what I've witnessed with D&TL,s its done the buisness :g: but possibly only a niter sound to raw & hollow for a soul nite :D

take care Flanny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert