modern soul 45s wanted

this funk 45 collector has been listening to more and more modern soul & I am looking for good sounds cheap.

Can anyone recommend good modern soul sounds that are decent priced (less than 20 quid) so I can start collecting?

Send me recommendations, sales lists, etc.....

either here or at

djr1103@yahoo.com

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

easiest way is to log onto John Manships site as some records have sound bites, also try dealers with sales tapes attached to their lists, try Henry Atkinson.( or Steve Jeffries )

punch in both names on the search engine and they should come up.

so many records to recommend for all tastes so how many do you want ?? watch out for the pop/disco stuff though.

AVID VINYL is another one, will find the link and sent it to you

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Try these. They shold all be less than £20. Well, probably £15 or £10...

Hokis Pokis on Shield is a funky modern soul thing that's relevent to most dance floors.

McFadden and White Head "I Heard It in A Love SOng" is a cheapy but very very good.

Marvin Holmes, Kwami B/W You Better Keep HEr on Brown Door is a cheapy. Not bad. I think I heard Keb spin last time i was at deepfunk.

Phillys Hyman "You Know How To Love Me", another cheapy, but very relevent to most dance floors.

Breakwater's stuff is worth looking at, and dirt cheap.

Eddie Jay and Ray "Keep Smiling" used to be well cheap, but you may have missed the boat. Great record, similar to Paradise by Jewel.

"Once I've Been There" by Norman Conners is very funky modern soul and cheap to pick up.

Too many to mention...

Good luck.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!