Alan Gilbert (alias Al Kent) Where Is He?

Gaz Lees

Can any body help me find an old mate Alan Gilbert (Dj alias Al Kent) met Alan in 1969 when we both worked at Midland Motor Cylinder Roebuck Lane Smethwick West Mids and Al got me involved in DJ ing and soul music.

Last known he lived in Warley West Mids haven't seen him for over 30 years would like to get in touch again.

Gaz Lees - Goodtimes Soul Club - W'ton

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest topcatnumpty1

iI believe he moved to Richmond.North Yorks----i met him in about 1975--and he ran about 5 moile disco.s under the name-"The Al Kent Roadshow" and supplied alll the equipment for Newton Aycliffe All nighters,he did my wedding in 1981 at mates rates----or so i thought--but told me at the end it was free(80% northern)

I do hope we.ve got our "Al Kent,s --mixed up as he died(by his own hand) in about 1985---my mother sent me the press cutting.Was he Dark haired,not that tall, stocky, everyone called him Ally---i,ve just remembered--i thought his surname began with "s"--not sure tho-----i sicerely hope i,m on the wrong track.

Typing this after a nite shift----knackered and left my "readers" at work --excuse any errors!!

Best

Tony C.

N.B.

lET ME KNOW IF HOPEFULLY I,M WRONG.

Social source share

iI believe he moved to Richmond.North Yorks----i met him in about 1975--and he ran about 5 moile disco.s under the name-"The Al Kent Roadshow" and supplied alll the equipment for Newton Aycliffe All nighters,he did my wedding in 1981 at mates rates----or so i thought--but told me at the end it was free(80% northern)

I do hope we.ve got our "Al Kent,s --mixed up as he died(by his own hand) in about 1985---my mother sent me the press cutting.Was he Dark haired,not that tall, stocky, everyone called him Ally---i,ve just remembered--i thought his surname began with "s"--not sure tho-----i sicerely hope i,m on the wrong track.

Typing this after a nite shift----knackered and left my "readers" at work --excuse any errors!!

Best

Tony C.

N.B.

lET ME KNOW IF HOPEFULLY I,M WRONG.

Hi Tony, you are thinking of Alan Southam, he lived with his brother at Conyers Close, moved to Richmond from Wolverhampton after his mother died of lung cancer. I wondered if this was the Al Kent in question, but like you was thrown by the surname in the original post. Here is a picture of Alan with John Howard post-299-1219169095_thumb.jpgpost-299-1219169095_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!