• Replies 29
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

6th ANNIVERSARY ALLNIGHTER

DJ LINE UP

GINGER TAYLOR - NEIL RUSHTON - STEVE WHITTLE - DAVE EVISON - ROB SMITH - DAVE RIVERS - ROGER STEWART...

STUART RUSSELL & MIKE RITSON, PETE KELROSS, DEREK MEAD, MOLDIE, STEVE LOYNS, PAUL BETTS, JUDY D AND THEN ME MR MISCHIEF..

pre nighter bar 8 till 10 then main event 10 till 7am

3 rooms in all * the main room * decades of soul room * chillout and record bar room..

FREE PATCH FIRST 150 IN... "SOME ACCOMMODATION"

BISLEY PAVILION,

BISLEY CAMP,

QUEENS ROAD,

BROOKWOOD, SURREY.

JUST OFF M3 JUNCTION 3...

TICKETS £10 ADVANCE £12 ON THE DOOR

for more info & tickets sales contact 01932402667 01252319768

THATS ALL THE INFO OFF THE FLYER HOPE IT HELPS ANY QUESTIONS RING THE NUMBER ABOVE OR POST ON HERE AND I'LL TRY AND ANSWER IT FOR YOU... ANY ONE WHO'S BEEN TO BISLEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT A TOP NIGHT IT IS AND SEEING AS IT'S THERE 6th ANNIVERSARY THEY MUST BE DOING SOME THING RIGHT...

"THERE'S A WHOLE LOT OF NORTHEN IN THE SOUTH"

It's primarily aimed at the Oldies lovers... the venue itself is fab floor wise and plenty of onsite parking. Not so hot if you prefer the R&B or rarer stuff.

Your quite safe, I'm not going :( I need to recharge from Prestatyn - including my wallet :(

Just watch Charmaine on the door... don't swear because she will advise you that you are uneducated and lack the ability to converse in an adult manner :(:(:D

Carole & I will be there, another sweaty night ahead and the opportunity to lose a few pounds. Lets just hope when Steve Whittle puts Silky - Keep..... on it doesn't clear the floor like it did when we last went several years ago. Puzzled me too?????????

No my dear , I'll be driving!!!! Doesn't mean that I'll be any different to what I was like in Prestatyn ;-))

PS. It was the food and lack of sleep that made me ill, I'm sure.

No my dear , I'll be driving!!!! Doesn't mean that I'll be any different to what I was like in Prestatyn ;-))

PS. It was the food and lack of sleep that made me ill, I'm sure.

Something sure made you unsteady on your feet, hope your better whatever it was :-))))

Biisley..........very strange one, socially a great night, musically..... yawnnnnnnnnn, still, the place gets packed & we all have a choice don't we.

Strange choice of DJ's too, especially as there are DJ's locally who could play most of the DJ's there off the planet..........maybe a bit of local politics, altho' I'm sure this would be strenuously denied.

The promoters by the way are very nice people & even tho' all oldies the venue is well deserving of your support, look forward to seeing you all their.

Russ

Went there a couple of years ago,doesn't appear to have changed much by the DJ line up, don't go if you want to hear anything other than the same old same old.....? but if your happy reliving the "old days" it is a fantastic venue with a great atmosphere.

Word of warning, if you're not familiar with the directions watch out, it's in the middle of nowhere & we had awful trouble finding it.

Steve C, enjoy it mate, must say you looked much better sunday LOL

Dave G

Im going for the oldies, love em, only time I don't appreciate hearing them is in a venue billed as something else;-)) Also going along to see the oldies play, Roger, Mike.... Ouch, this is gonna hurt lol

Guest SteveC

Steve C, enjoy it mate, must say you looked much better sunday LOL 

Dave G

And felt it m8.

12 hours of dancing - no wonder I'm a waif. Watch out Trickster!!

Well I have a bloody 9 year old's sleep over!!! I know what I would rather be doing. Still, my Daughter missed a proper Birthday party so this is to make up for it.

Have fun chaps and Steve, dance for me mate :)

Hi Mike

I had a great time there, spent most of it chatting int he record bar and helping Roger Stewart on his stall, drank too much and threw up on the way home (and blamed it on being travel sick ;-))

Guest SteveC

Had a great time. Neil Rushton and Ginger played great sets as did Rob Smith. When you hear the likes of Calvin Grayson and the Icemen then you know Bisley has progressed with its music policy. Great company, a bloody good laugh and a good dance - what more could you ask for.

Hi Mike

I had a great time there, spent most of it chatting int he record bar and helping Roger Stewart on his stall, drank too much and threw up on the way home (and blamed it on being travel sick ;-))

mama.gif

Nice one... rotfl.gif

In all honesty I do not think there has been a change or progression of music policy at all. Bisley, and Fleet before it, was and still is predominately an oldies venue. The difference in music comes depending on who the guest DJ's are. If Ginger is guest you will hear something a bit different, if R.Winstanley is the guest you don't. And lets not forget that the majority of the punters are 'oldies' fans.

Which is why they ought to use the second room for something a bit different, to offer punters an alternative, instead of using it as a second oldies room.

I never really went in the smaller room, I must admit, but I thought it was playing x~over and Modern. 8 till 10 playing anything just to warm it all up and then from midnight, modern etc.

I had a good night people liked me new Jackie Wilson track "Say I DO" so personally I was happy.

Roll on the weekend, is it just me or are you all wishing you had gone to America for that Northern Trip with your mates as well?

Roll on the weekend, is it just me or are you all wishing you had gone to America for that Northern Trip with your mates as well?

Nope! Although my best mate just decided to get married whilst on the trip out there yesterday!

bisley was bisley.

nothing new but a good local venue.saves that treck up north every now and then.

not sure if the dj,s or promoters are to blame for the music policy.

more like the punters themselves.they have tried to play different stuff but when they do the dancefloor empties quicker than,,,,,,em well a very quick thing.

yet you talk to the regular punters and the majority wanna hear new things.

not sure what the answer is.guess if people stayed on the floor when they heard somink new the music policy would progress.yet they dont so its back to square one.

i had a good night though

Ditto most of the above, but just to put a little perspective on the subject this is the best attended all-nighter, in the south outside of London for some years.

Agree with Dave A, the second room was wasted, if this was a crosover/Modern room, purely from a promotional point of view your gonna attract another 200 or so punters, who would not be there other wise.

I beleive the promoters knowledge of the Modern scene is fairly limited, but I know a man who would offer advise............moi.......any one have an email address for the promoters.

Russ

Guest in town Mikey

Russ

Didn't want to put Colin's email on a chat room, but have sent him a link to this discussion. If you register, we can send you personal emails to your 'soul source' account that you can read when you open up the home page

Mikey.

Just read through the Bisley comments and yep, pretty much most of its true.

People do, however, lose sight of the fact that Bisley pulls in 400+ everytime and as far as I can see everybody seems to be having a good time. Brilliant venue (once you've found it), top dance floor & friendly people. Its marketed as an oldies nite as thats what the area needs. A lot of local people went to Bisley in the 70's, dropped out of the scene & only now do Bisley.

Quite frankly they're not gonna get their heads around a lot of the new stuff.

People vote with their feet!

The second room was billed as 'Decades Of Soul'. It was across the board, the djs were given a free hand in what they played. Personally I thought some of the modern stuff played was excellent.

If you're looking for a broader cross-section of northern soul, get down to Morden this Friday nite 2.4.04. Hope to post some more details on Morden tomorrow.

Col.