Van Mccoy & Friends

jocko

Been playing through a few LP's tonight (while trying to work out how to promote on MySpace without feeling like a bloody stalker) and dug the Van McCoy and Friends LP, a re-release I assume, as I have it on Australian SSS Int from 1976, but absolutely no details of artists etc included, I have seen Sweet And Easy as 45 but not sure about any of the others, I assume it was released to cash in on his disco success, but was it all stuff from the 60's? And were any of the other tracks released.

Does anyone have any details of the vocalists included, assumed it would be Chris Bartley but not sure on one listen.

Anyone shed any light on this interesting LP?

Edited by jocko
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

THINK YOUR RIGHT JOCKO, WAS ISSUED AS A CASH-IN BACK IN 76. I ALSO HAVE THIS ON AUSSIE SSS INT, WHICH IS THE LABLE YOU TEND TO SEE IT ON MORE OFTEN THAN NOT. THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE ON HERE AND GENERAL CONCENSUS WAS THAT VAN HIMSELF DID VOCALS ON MOST OF THE TRACKS, NONE OF THE BETTER ONES ARE AVAILABLE ON 45 AS FAR AS I'M AWARE. TIS QUITE A RARE LP NOWADAYS THO' thumbsup.gif .

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

Been playing through a few LP's tonight (while trying to work out how to promote on MySpace without feeling like a bloody stalker) and dug the Van McCoy and Friends LP, a re-release I assume, as I have it on Australian SSS Int from 1976, but absolutely no details of artists etc included, I have seen Sweet And Easy as 45 but not sure about any of the others, I assume it was released to cash in on his disco success, but was it all stuff from the 60's? And were any of the other tracks released.

Does anyone have any details of the vocalists included, assumed it would be Chris Bartley but not sure on one listen.

Anyone shed any light on this interesting LP?

I asked Chris Bartley this question, he said is was Tony Talent & Van McCoys brother on that LP,

when we played it he didn't recognise the tunes. Chris said that all the stuff he'd recorded with

McCoy was either released in the 60T's or was now available on CDs.

Chris L

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert