Prestatyn Photos Link

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Kolla

Fryer - they are great photos. Good solidier! Thanks for sharing them with us. I didn't go this year but most of the photos look like they were taken in the Northern Room. Last year I spent a lot of time in the Modern Room - a first for me at any weekender.

What did you think of the different rooms ? There were five this year, weren't there ?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Phil Perry's voice blew my mind. Stunning.

It was a little disappointing to see Don Gardner standing on stage suited and booted without picking up a mic to do "Cheating Kind". That would have been a grand finale!

Butch's Saturday night set was plain SICK!

Karl Fortnum played some great tracks, but only seemed to be on the decks for 12 records. :-(

I didn't think the modern room was as good musically as last year(and Aurthur Fenn was put on the twilight sets again, grrrr!!!!) , but by looks of the crowds in there, most people would probably disagree with me. ;-/

The downstairs oldies room was buzzing, and packed solid all weekend.

Like last year, the DJs in the main room on the Saturday afternoon were BOSS and for me were certainly 'better' than some of the 'big name' DJs.

I think in general the music was better in the main room than last year (and I have more blister cuts bumps and bruises than last year to show for it). It was certainly busier, and as you can probably tell from Fryer's great photos the atmosphere was incredible, all weekend.

A fabulous event. Well done to everybody involved! And as fellow soul-sourcer Mark Bicknell and I were chatting about on Saturday, there was a real sense that the weekend was not really about the punters having a good time, but about showing appreciation, love and a sense of "payback" to some of the great artists who have given us such amazing music.

Social source share

9 Oclock Monday morning sat in the office, hhmmm what a downer.

Unfortunatly I did not get to Prestatyn until 3pm Saturday afternoon and had to leave for Manchester Sunday dinner, BUT from that Saturday afternoon until 6 Oclock Sunday morning what a night!!!.

Had a wander round all the rooms Saturday afternoon, spent a few hours in the "Soul In The Sun" room, went to the main room at 7.30 only to be told "come back at 8.30" so we did. As the gate went up it was a mad rush to get a table, the acts were fantastic, the finale must have left everyone with a lump in their throat, to see them all lined up singing It'll never be over for me.

But then the music seemd to go down hill, up and down, we kept saying it might pick up, anyway after a few hours we made our way into the back room where Dave Evison, Brian Rae and company were playing plenty of forgotten oldies, danced my self silly, and left a 6 Oclock, emotionally and physically drained.

15 hours of constant soul.

Hi to everybody i met sorry I was talking bollocks towards the end of the night.

See you all next year hopefuly for the full weekend!!!!!!

Peter.

Social source share

i would agree with james on the saturnday afternoon main room being some of the best music, i was searching for records next door and was hearing some belters. Butch was also a Good DJ and i enjoyed the live acts although they seemed to put them in reverse order of quality. The modern room seemed to be playing what i would call smooth soul R&B and gospely house nothing wrong with that just not what i was looking for. i heard more of what i would have though modern was in the main room sat afternoon. One of my favorite parts (music wise) was when hamilton movement was played in the main room on friday, what a bloody great record might have have to start saving though im hearing rumours of bootleg action going around. i heard lots more fantastic peaks but dont know what the records were. But i would go back in a minute for the people and the records.

Social source share

oh and i missed out on one records i was looking for that everone though they had bet did not: :( (

can anyone help??

Seven B - Pat Brown - Good Got To Suffer For The Bad

Social source share

Nice one Fryer, though as just got back in thru the door dont think I risk viewing them till both feet firmly on planet earth.

Good to catch up and meet up many who knock around here.

To me it was another great one, 12am- 7am main hall on both niters, being me own "most enjoyed" bits,

Hats off to all responsible, more ramblings later

Social source share

Nice one Fryer, though as just got back in thru the door dont think I risk viewing them till both feet firmly on planet earth.

Good to catch up and meet up many who knock around here.

To me it was another great one, 12am- 7am main hall on both niters, being me own "most enjoyed" bits,

Hats off to all responsible,  more ramblings later

Live acts were great, especially Melvin Davis. The sound was poor at times though, could hardly hear Cody Black or Baby Washington at times. Phil Perry's voice is just awesome!!!

Music wise, Friday night, why two oldies rooms ;-) Saturday after acts some great stuff played by the likes of Butch, Andy D and Kitch.

Best night was Sunday in the Queen Vic. Didn't hear Tim but Carl Willingham, Kitch and Mick H played some cracking records but thought Andy Dyson set was just superb though.

Social source share

Aah well back to the real world....and in the words of the song 'I just can't speak' oops 3days of 'sing along'a soul... probably a godsend on the way home for soulmate Ange who had to put up with my permanent natural high....enhanced only by the odd gin and tonic (well OK maybe two or three!) Had a brilliant weekend,many thanks to all the organisers, artists, DJ's, Pontins staff etc & to chalet boys Dave and Rik....excellent Sausage and Mash Rik you're definitely booked in nxt year ..... and to the numerous great people I met in various rooms including the pool!!

As far as the event went have to admit some bits were better than others.....bit too crowded Sat night for me & did any one else have their ear bent by members of the stag party or a paticularly barkin mad guy Danny from Bournemouth ??? Musically a bit up and down but surely something for everybody Redemption room packed every time I went in.....don't forget some folks don't get out to play that often....had a pleasant last hour in Queen Vic Sun night....and OK some of the stuff in the Modern room was bog standard commercial but who cared it was closest thing to a party atmosphere in there. Enjoyed Soul in the Sun spot but best session for me Main Room Sat afternoon....loved it.... but you'll never please all of the people all of the time.... def see ya nxt year...take care

Linda x

Social source share

My first time there and what a weekend. Had a great time knocking around with ten lads from Sweden, hope to see them again soon. I spent time in all the rooms over the weekend and what a time on Sunday in the RnB room from 5 to 10pm, Hideaway boys, Dave Rimmer and a blinding last hour from a Geordie dj called Hos( i think )..Bar open all the time, everyone wide eyed and legless, say no more..look forward to next year..

Steve..Manchester,..

Social source share

All I have to say is my feet hurt..... can't remember what got played, what I danced to, but it was a good quality weekend music wise.. all tastes catered for... Tim Browns set Sunday night had us in stitches, ( I quote him ) "show me the way to your knob - by JJ Barnes" excellent every track he managed to put the word knob in, and it seemed most the people around us didn't notice.. funny when you've had no sleep for 2 nights little things make you laugh so much......

Social source share

Fav memory of Prestatyn was on saturday night, due to so many people in the main room, we decided to wander around into the Queen vic, not too many in there cause most were in the main room, but the lads from the Hideaway club were doing an R&b spot that was excellent, playing lot's of 6t's ballads. Then a security guy stepped on the stage and removed the stylus. and promptly stopped them, due to the live acts starting in the main room. We then went into the modern room and spent an enjoyable couple of hours, when we finaly got into the main room again the act's had finished.........but never mind. Tim Brown, Butch, Andy Dyson, more than made up for the disapointment.

Off to North Wales again in a couple of weeks for the rare weekend at Rhyl.......can't wait.

Got a copy of Pat & the Blenders ..Just because..from Prestatyn

that definatly made my weekend.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!