• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Is there any other version of the "High Note" song different from the one recorded by the Fantastics? I seem to remember a faster one included in an old SKM tape compiled by Saus.

Cheers,

Iu

Going off memory here but i would say PAT&THE BLENDERS-JUST BECAUSE springs to mind whenever i hear this :yes:

Havent heard different versions of high note for what its worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlJYt_RFUVA...feature=related

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Hi all,

Is there any other version of the "High Note" song different from the one recorded by the Fantastics? I seem to remember a faster one included in an old SKM tape compiled by Saus.

Cheers,

Iu

the king sound interpreters, a beach group, cover it

Social source share

I have said 45, what makes you think its was a beach group ? Absolutely black sounding, but then again of course so were the Seminoles. Any further details (know YOU have Boba :wink: ) ?

Marc

aren't they in the hey baby book? I will check when I get home. Either way, isn't it a carolinas record?

Social source share

aren't they in the hey baby book? I will check when I get home. Either way, isn't it a carolinas record?

Not at all. Talent of Music the label. Full black group as far as my ears can judge. Its faster in compariosn to the Fantastics which lets me always choose this version when deejaying.

Marc

Social source share

Not at all. Talent of Music the label. Full black group as far as my ears can judge. Its faster in compariosn to the Fantastics which lets me always choose this version when deejaying.

Marc

you know, I think I might be confused now actually, because I remember seeing "the tips" on the label and wondering if it was the tips that was from kansas city on AHC, who are definitely Black and obviously not carolinas. Can anyone put up a scan of the flip of the king sound interpreters so I can see the names on that? Thanks.

Social source share

Marc

Im not saying it's deffo a Beach group but it is maybe a Carolina 45. Only time I found it and another title by them was in a small town in NC along with other local label type things.

Maybe just a coincidence but it does look like that kinda release.

ROD

Social source share

Im not saying it's deffo a Beach group but it is maybe a Carolina 45. Only time I found it and another title by them was in a small town in NC along with other local label type things.

Maybe just a coincidence but it does look like that kinda release.

ROD

I totally think I was correct about the beach thing, the group has a cut on a followup CD for the book:

https://www.waxmuseum.net/hey%20baby%20days.html

the group always sounded white to me actually but maybe the lead is black, as in many of those beach groups. probably no connection to the audio house group though.

Social source share

I totally think I was correct about the beach thing, the group has a cut on a followup CD for the book:

https://www.waxmuseum.net/hey%20baby%20days.html

the group always sounded white to me actually but maybe the lead is black, as in many of those beach groups. probably no connection to the audio house group though.

this page says that the king sound interpreters were from charleston, SC

https://cdbaby.com/cd/voodookatz

Social source share

Hi Iu, you been to Gijon three weeks ago ? Sure I did play it there as well.

Marc

No Marc,

I wasn't in Gijon. Although the black music room line up was worth going the whole festival it's not my cup of tea. When I wanted to go was in May as it was the first SOUL I missed in five years. Heard great comments about your sets there.

Best,

Iu

Social source share