Ian Levine, Motorcity, Centre City, Blackpool Mecca, And Swons

I really hope some more of you from Soul Source will come to the launch party for the "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers", with loads of live acts and all totally free, and all you have to do is e-mail to northernsoulfloorfillers@live.com and say you'll be coming on Monday 3rd November to our launch at The Ion Bar.

This one will be very busy.

Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers.

There are no actual printed invitations, but everyone who has e-mailed this e-mail address will most definitely be on the guest list, which I am compiling from these e-mails.

Please do come.

Here's all the info below

-------------------------

We're having a launch party to celebrate the release of the five disc DVD set, "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers"

I want all my friends to come to the launch on Monday 3rd November. It would mean an awful lot to me.

The launch party on Monday 3rd November is now confirmed and we're back at the Ion Bar.

HOW FABULOUS

We have four hundred invites, by private guest list only. Anyone on here who wants to come, just send a private message to this address

northernsoulfloorfillers@live.com

and I will make sure you are on the guest list

From 7pm till 1am

at...

"The Ion Bar"

161- 165 Ladbroke Grove

London W10 6HJ

020 8960 1702

Next door to Ladbroke Grove Tube Station

There will be lots of press and celebrities there, and some of the artists will all be performing their classic tracks off the DVD set, live.

I'd like all the fans to come. We have four hundred invites, by private guest list only.

Anyone on here who wants to come, just send a private message to this address

THE ACTS WILL BE STARTING LIVE AT NINE PM.

IF YOU'RE LATE, YOU MISS THEM.

The Ion Bar is where we held our wonderful launch parties for "Disco2008" and "Northern Soul 2008".

It was packed to the rafters and an amazing success.

It's the can't miss occasion of the year, by private invitation only.

Huge venue with two levels, and a great stage, and ample seating for everyone in comfort with huge couches and armchairs and tables.

The venue is right next door to Ladbroke Grove tube station, literally next door. Plus there is tons and tons of free parking round the back of the club.

We expect four hundred at least.

It's free but by private invitation only.

Please all of you make an effort to come and make it into a night to remember for many years to come.

Warmest wishes and gratitude

Ian Levine

Social source share

I really hope some more of you from Soul Source will come to the launch party for the "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers", with loads of live acts and all totally free, and all you have to do is e-mail to northernsoulfloorfillers@live.com and say you'll be coming on Monday 3rd November to our launch at The Ion Bar.

There are no actual printed invitations, but everyone who has e-mailed this e-mail address will most definitely be on the guest list, which I am compiling from these e-mails.

Please do come.

ian id love to come but due to work commitments i cant ,i hope it is a great night for you and the dvd sells loads as you deserve it for all the hard work and commitment that you have put in and maybe finally all the great music you have out there will start to recive the recognition it deserves

We're having a launch party to celebrate the release of the five disc DVD set, "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers"

I want all my friends to come to the launch on Monday 3rd November. It would mean an awful lot to me.

The launch party on Monday 3rd November is now confirmed and we're back at the Ion Bar.

HOW FABULOUS

We have four hundred invites, by private guest list only. Anyone on here who wants to come, just send a private message to this address

From 7pm till 1am

at...

"The Ion Bar"

161- 165 Ladbroke Grove

London W10 6HJ

020 8960 1702

There will be lots of press and celebrities there, and some of the artists will all be performing their classic tracks off the DVD set, live.

I'd like all the fans to come. We have four hundred invites, by private guest list only.

The Ion Bar is where we held our wonderful launch parties for "Disco2008" and "Northern Soul 2008".

Huge venue with two levels, and a great stage, and ample seating for everyone in comfort with huge couches and armchairs and tables.

The venue is right next door to Ladbroke Grove tube station, literally next door. Plus there is tons and tons of free parking round the back of the club.

Please all of you make an effort to come and make it into a night to remember for many years to come.

Ian Levine

Social source share

ian id love to come but due to work commitments i cant ,i hope it is a great night for you and the dvd sells loads as you deserve it for all the hard work and commitment that you have put in and maybe finally all the great music you have out there will start to recive the recognition it deserves

I hope some of the others reading this thread will be able to come.

With acts like The Orlons, The Flirtations, Jimmy James, and Jimmy Thomas all apppearing, plus it's free, it's gotta be a night to remember.

Monday 3rd November

Social source share

Actually I'd avoid one of the 99p copies, looking through the sellers feedback I came across this:

5 out of 5: "fast delivery, good condition jewel case, only a few finger prints on CD, one pubic hair"

Date: 2008/9/11 Rated by Buyer: bdombrowsky2

Seller Response: "???????" Date: 2008/9/12

Some people would pay a premium for the pubic hair LOL.........

Ian D :D

Social source share

Yes I posted the video we did immediately above this post.

While you're here, Paul, why haven't you joined facebook ??

Please do so and I will make you one of my top friends.

The same applies to both Soul-ster and Pauline.

I will do. What do I have to do?

P :)

Glad you posted a video of Levi.

Social source share

I will do. What do I have to do?

Glad you posted a video of Levi.

Go to

https://www.facebook.com

Add a picture and an e-mail address and they mail you back instantly so you can confirm your account.

Then go to the search box and type in Ian Levine

Then click on me and you won't be able to see my profile until I add you, but just click on "add as a friend".

That's all you have to do.

Half of the Northern Soul Scene is on there.

Did you watch the video of Aretha and Levi ???

Social source share

Facebook

Add a picture and an e-mail address and they mail you back instantly so you can confirm your account.

If you don't want to add a pic of yourself, just add a scan of a record label or a pic of an old soul artist.

Just don't leave the pic blank or nobody will add you.

Social source share

Every one of us needs to watch this right now - TODAY.

It will make you cry.

But we have to watch it now.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

We all knew that we would loose Levi someday , but the news of his passing is still a shock .........

If you are not touched by watching the clip , and as you say Ian , and shed a tear - or be near to shedding one , you should be ashamed of yourself ........

Thankyou Levi : RIP dear man .........

Malc Burton

I think that performance is one of the most touching I have ever seen in my life.

Even sadder when you think that Obie has gone too.

Social source share

I have never been able to put this up here till now, because I was saving it for a long time before I finally posted it up on YouTube, which I only finally did tonight.

My very very favourite record I have ever produced in my entire life.

">
Social source share

We all knew that we would loose Levi someday , but the news of his passing is still a shock .........

If you are not touched by watching the clip , and as you say Ian , and shed a tear - or be near to shedding one , you should be ashamed of yourself ........

Thankyou Levi : RIP dear man .........

Malc Burton

===

yes very sad indeed but left us with some great great records!

Social source share

===

yes very sad indeed but left us with some great great records!

For someone who'd sold as many records as he had, he was one of the nicest and most un-egotistical and humble men I have ever had the privilege of meeting in my life.

Social source share

Will there be any food there Ian? Hope you dont mind me asking

There will indeed, but you have to pay for it.

The entrance is free, the music and acts are free, but the club charges for drinks and food.

But it is the most fabulous venue, the best I have ever done anything in, and that's why I was so keen to secure it.

Social source share

Did you see I posted up the Nat Augustin video ??

F*%k it. ph34r.gif

I just spent 20 minutes composing a beautiful reply with TONS of relevent stuff in it (I have to do the Manifesto review for "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers" this weekend, etc, etc).

It was probably the best thing I've written all week!

But I accidentaly snapped-off the Wireless switch on my CRAP HP laptop and lost it all!!!!

C'est la vie. So What?

Levi died tonight and I'm feeling very poignant.

The Nat song is great and will be the third release on Soul Intention Records. Also could you post the 'B' side as well, as I think this is a brilliant double-sider.

Incidentaly, Nat's family to me, as I'm best mates with his Light Of The World colleague, Gee Bello.

So does Nat know I'm involved?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Just NINE DAYS till the release of "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers".

200 videos all re-edited and polished till they sparkle, by the greatest soul legends of our lifetime.

">
Social source share

The entrance is free, the music and acts are free, but the club charges for drinks and food.

But it is the most fabulous venue, the best I have ever done anything in, and that's why I was so keen to secure it.

----

can we bring sandwiches.???

have u found simon yet?

Social source share

Just NINE DAYS till the release of "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers".

200 videos all re-edited and polished till they sparkle, by the greatest soul legends of our lifetime.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

----

can we bring sandwiches.???

have u found simon yet?

I don't think the Ion Bar will be too wild about people bringing their own sandwiches, do you ???

I never lost Simon, he's just chilling out, away from all of us.

Social source share

Me and Steve are coming Ian, He's booked the week of so realy looking Forward to it got you some Piccys too :-)

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

I watched it again and it made me cry. His last ever performance.

I really hate you Mr levine, I cried my fu**n eyes out! Maybe you ain't so bad? :D

Social source share

I really hate you Mr levine, I cried my fu**n eyes out! Maybe you ain't so bad? :D

I watched the clip again - I did not want to , but I had to - out of respect for the memory of the man ........

His voice DEFINED an era .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

I watched the clip again - I did not want to , but I had to - out of respect for the memory of the man ........

His voice DEFINED an era .........

Malc Burton

It was almost beautiful, like you could hear a pin drop..you just had to hang on to his last words..

I could see my past uncle, like a giant who wouldn't hurt a fly..

P :(

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

Me and Steve are coming Ian, He's booked the week of so realy looking Forward to it got you some Piccys too :-)

Thankyou Sue.

I would have been cross with him if he hadn't been coming, so just as well.

Social source share

A question for you Ian .........

The excellent Bank Holiday Monday All - Dayer at The Mecca , that featured Brass Construction .......

The Highland Room on this day was " dedicated " to " northern " sounds ( as opposed to the main room , which featured disco / funk ) , and was billed as having a line up of Richard , Pat Brady , Brian Rae , Ginger , and one certain tutor of educational information

( retired ) ......

Your differences of opinion with the stated chap at the time , were common knowledge / well documented , and I seem to recall , you stated that he would never stand behing the decks of the HR whilst you were there ..........

I cannot recall as to whether he was there and did a spot in the HR , but if he did , did it urinate you off ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

A question for you Ian .........

The excellent Bank Holiday Monday All - Dayer at The Mecca , that featured Brass Construction .......

The Highland Room on this day was " dedicated " to " northern " sounds ( as opposed to the main room , which featured disco / funk ) , and was billed as having a line up of Richard , Pat Brady , Brian Rae , Ginger , and one certain tutor of educational information

( retired ) ......

Your differences of opinion with the stated chap at the time , were common knowledge / well documented , and I seem to recall , you stated that he would never stand behing the decks of the HR whilst you were there ..........

I cannot recall as to whether he was there and did a spot in the HR , but if he did , did it urinate you off ?

Malc Burton

What year was it ??

I seem to rememebr Neil Rushton ran it, and me and Colin were downstairs and I washed my hands of whatever was going on upstairs, but I seem to dimly recall not being too happy about it.

I left in July 1979, so I assume it was before that.

Social source share

Just wanna remind everybody one more time, because time is running short and you need to make plans, as it's now only two weeks on Monday.

Please do come.

HOW FABULOUS

From 7pm till 1am

at...

"The Ion Bar"

161- 165 Ladbroke Grove

London W10 6HJ

020 8960 1702

Ian Levine

Social source share

What year was it ??

I seem to rememebr Neil Rushton ran it, and me and Colin were downstairs and I washed my hands of whatever was going on upstairs, but I seem to dimly recall not being too happy about it.

I left in July 1979, so I assume it was before that.

It was the May BH Monday of 1978 I think ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

I don't think the Ion Bar will be too wild about people bringing their own sandwiches, do you ???

Two questions for you Ian.

If you can't take your own sarnies....is there a chippy close by? :lol:biggrin.gif

Second question. I saw Junior Walker at the Mecca downstairs, early 70s I'd say. My idiot mate says it wasn't there but somewhere else ???? :(

Can you confirm which one of us is senile! :(

Social source share

Two questions for you Ian.

If you can't take your own sarnies....is there a chippy close by? :lol:biggrin.gif

Second question. I saw Junior Walker at the Mecca downstairs, early 70s I'd say. My idiot mate says it wasn't there but somewhere else ???? :(

Can you confirm which one of us is senile! :(

I have a photo from it, with me, Tony Petherbridge, and Junior Walker showing me how to play the sax.

It was an alldayer in 1974.

And here it is - actually taken in Blackpool Mecca.

post-13099-1224353961_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I'll pm you later

I saw it, and was a bit shocked but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Thought about reporting it but before I could it had gone :thumbsup: Don't think it you knew the person..a new[young] member.

Edited by Reg
Social source share