Help With Price: Chris Jones - Destination Unknown - Goody Train

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There were loads of them went through eBay last year or the year before - selling for the flip "I'm The man".

They were fetching about £8 - £10 at the time - so if they've all dried up, then £20 is probably about right.

Thanks Pikey, I picked it up for a fiver mint ... there are loads on ebay for about £10/15, not all minters though!

Googles it to try and find out about the label, and got the JM site where its listed at £100 :) thought that was a bit overpriced! :D

Great tune though :lol:

J

Social source share

bump!

Does anyone have any-more info on this?

Got mone today - its so mint it could have just been pressed.... its deffo unplayed, and the pressing looks modern to me....

Was it repressed or reissued - surely not booted? or was it once rare and then someone found a stash un played?

Any info would be appreciated...

Jon

Social source share

bump!

Does anyone have any-more info on this?

Got mone today - its so mint it could have just been pressed.... its deffo unplayed, and the pressing looks modern to me....

Was it repressed or reissued - surely not booted? or was it once rare and then someone found a stash un played?

Any info would be appreciated...

Jon

Not repressed or reissued. They all originated (the clean copies) from a guy that Tommy & I went round too in LA. He had all the old stock of them. Not in the best of areas, seem to remember saying to Tommy keep the engine running while I do the deal :thumbsup:

Great funk record.

I have a couple left if anyone is interested.

Social source share

Not repressed or reissued. They all originated (the clean copies) from a guy that Tommy & I went round too in LA. He had all the old stock of them. Not in the best of areas, seem to remember saying to Tommy keep the engine running while I do the deal :thumbsup:

Great funk record.

cheers pottsy, I have you to thank then - its a great record - fifth time round this morning!

J :lol:

Social source share

Hi Ady

Did the guy have any other titles on Goodie Train, like the Frank Hutson 45, or records on the sister label, Las Vegas (Fantastic Mainstream etc.)?

Also, can anyone definitively tell the story of Sam Dees' involvement in this label?

best,

gareth

Social source share

Hi Ady

Did the guy have any other titles on Goodie Train, like the Frank Hutson 45, or records on the sister label, Las Vegas (Fantastic Mainstream etc.)?

Also, can anyone definitively tell the story of Sam Dees' involvement in this label?

best,

gareth

It was Neil Hemphill's label, out in Birmingham AL. I'm sure I heard thar Sam scouted talent and, of course, was behind the Ebony Essence stuff. What have you heard Gareth?

Sean

Social source share

Hi Ady

best,

gareth

Hi Gareth,

Only other record he had on the label (in quantity) was Cleo Page - Goodie Train Part 1/2. Also got some Joey Jefferson related stuff on 12", Sunlovers, plus some I can't remember (will have to look in the barn), California Billalion, etc.

Just assumed it was a label that had a connection to Joey :thumbsup:

Has an LA address on it.

Regards,

Ady

Social source share

Not repressed or reissued. They all originated (the clean copies) from a guy that Tommy & I went round too in LA. He had all the old stock of them. Not in the best of areas, seem to remember saying to Tommy keep the engine running while I do the deal :hypocrite:

Great funk record.

Ditto - never reissued / repressed, why bother - it's always been a pretty common record, John Anderson used to have 100s and 100s of em - I've got a few copies here meself (5 or 6?) which I've had for years and years and years - if anybody needs a copy/s lemme know as they will be CHEAP from me...hope I haven't hijacked anybody's (sales) thread here...? Apologies if I have...just seeing this now....

MRez

Social source share

Hi Gareth,

Only other record he had on the label (in quantity) was Cleo Page - Goodie Train Part 1/2. Also got some Joey Jefferson related stuff on 12", Sunlovers, plus some I can't remember (will have to look in the barn), California Billalion, etc.

Just assumed it was a label that had a connection to Joey :hypocrite:

Has an LA address on it.

Regards,

Ady

I think it was the same person who had the bw souls on round, which used to be an expensive funk record before a zillion copies came out.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!