Sandra Williams On Neo-fo?

Guest pj4533

Guest pj4533

I recently got a record by Sandra Williams on Neo-Fo, out of New Orleans. I was doing some research and couldn't find any information about it. There is another record on Neo-Fo by The Deacons called 'Fagged out' (NF103), this Sandra Williams is NF101/NF102.

Does anyone know anything about it? Is this Sandra Williams the same that went on to record at Motown?

-pj

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Demotron

I recently got a record by Sandra Williams on Neo-Fo, out of New Orleans. I was doing some research and couldn't find any information about it. There is another record on Neo-Fo by The Deacons called 'Fagged out' (NF103), this Sandra Williams is NF101/NF102.

Does anyone know anything about it? Is this Sandra Williams the same that went on to record at Motown?

-pj

You got the copy that was on ebay? I bid something on it actually. Any chance to hear it?

Social source share

Guest pj4533

You got the copy that was on ebay? I bid something on it actually. Any chance to hear it?

sure man.....soon as i get it! was shipped sunday night NewOrleans to Boston, priority mail, so I should have it maybe by friday?

Just would love it if some motown expert could shed some light on whether Sandra "Blinky" Williams ever recorded in New Orleans!

-pj

Social source share

Guest pj4533

Also, I tracked down the author/arranger of 'Pockets in your Mind' (flipside of 'Time'), and he confirmed that this is not 'Blinky', but rather a local student at Xavier University. Also, besides the Deacons tracks, it is unlikely that any other 45s were pressed from NeoFo. However, they did record 10-15 tracks, including one by Barbara Scott (? anyone have information on her?).

As I was speaking to him, he told me he lost most everything in the Katrina disaster, including all the masters for the released (and unreleased) tracks. He and his wife are living in Texas now, making Gospel music. That is the important thing, that they are ok, but still.....so much history lost. I am going to be interviewing him on my radio show in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that!

-pj

www.galacticfractures.com

Edited by pj4533
Social source share

Guest Demotron

Also, I tracked down the author/arranger of 'Pockets in your Mind' (flipside of 'Time'), and he confirmed that this is not 'Blinky', but rather a local student at Xavier University. Also, besides the Deacons tracks, it is unlikely that any other 45s were pressed from NeoFo. However, they did record 10-15 tracks, including one by Barbara Scott (? anyone have information on her?).

As I was speaking to him, he told me he lost most everything in the Katrina disaster, including all the masters for the released (and unreleased) tracks. He and his wife are living in Texas now, making Gospel music. That is the important thing, that they are ok, but still.....so much history lost. I am going to be interviewing him on my radio show in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that!

-pj

www.galacticfractures.com

Sounds great! The description made me think of something more funky, but this is a great jazzy ballad. How's the other side? Thanks for the information too.

Social source share

Guest pj4533

Sounds great! The description made me think of something more funky, but this is a great jazzy ballad. How's the other side? Thanks for the information too.

I hear you...I was expected a sister funk piece as well, but this is REALLY good...just unexpected. The flip is another ballad, I'll post a clip of that when I get a chance. I took a chance on it, but i think it paid off.

-pj

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!