Bogus Artist Names In Respect Of Cover - Up Records

Guest Malc Burton

I am compiling information regarding the covering up of 45s on the scene , and need help if you will oblige .......

I have hit a stumbling block regarding four titles , and in order to put me out of my suffering , can someone please remind me of the bogus artist / group names that were originally given to four records when they were first covered up , which I cannot recall for the life of me .........

Eddie Daye & The Four Bars ( " Guess Who Loves You " )

Al Williams ( " I Am Nothing " )

Tamala Lewis ( " You Won't Say Nothing " )

Executive Four ( Got A Good Thing Going " )

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Eddie Daye & The Four Bars ( " Guess Who Loves You " ) - FRANK WILSON

Tamala Lewis ( " You Won't Say Nothing " ) - SHARON SCOTT

Executive Four ( Got A Good Thing Going " ) - [b]ROBERT L MARTIN

Dave Flyn has got a huge list of cover ups on his site. :thumbsup:

https://www.anorakscorner.com/CoverUps.html

This pseudonym - if I recall correctly - was also used as the artist's " name " to disguise Fluffy Falana's " My Little Bottage " -, which had the title of " Come And Go With Me " .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

This pseudonym - if I recall correctly - was also used as the artist's " name " to disguise Fluffy Falana's " My Little Bottage " -, which had the title of " Come And Go With Me " .......

Malc Burton

Correct mr burton, was very confusing at the time two c/ups with the same name in the same spot, hope your well mate regards H :thumbsup:

Social source share

That Dave Flynn's list is amazing, With the exception that he has ommited Mr Levines ex Mecca floorpacker, The Johnny Jackson Experience "Shingaling at the Go Go" Which was Melvin Carter, Or The Glass Tears Band "Midnite Brew" On Trip Universal :thumbsup:

Social source share

That Dave Flynn's list is amazing, With the exception that he has ommited Mr Levines ex Mecca floorpacker, The Johnny Jackson Experience "Shingaling at the Go Go" Which was Melvin Carter, Or The Glass Tears Band "Midnite Brew" On Trip Universal :thumbup:

It would be interesting - if Ian can / would oblige - a list of some of his cover - ups ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

QUOTE (Malc Burton @ Aug 31 08, 09:50 AM)

My Little Bottage

Freudian slip there malc? :lol:

quote name='Prophonics 2029' date='Aug 31 08, 03:05 PM' post='856355']

My Little Bottage

It could be on his wants list. ***

Definately Gentlemen , defeinately : nearly PMSL when I saw it this morning .......

I will put it down to a senior moment with the digits in my left hand whilst typing .......

( *** " My Little Bottage " - Fluffy Fagina )

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• 8 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!