The 'brit' $oul Club (nottingham)

The 'BRIT' (Britannia) Club

Trent Bridge

Nottingham

(next to the Nottingham Forest Ground - Trent End)

NG2 5FA

SATURDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2008

8 P.M. - 1.00 A.M.

£4 ADMISSION

SEPTEMBER GUEST DJ'S

**JIM ATKIN*** & ***STEVE BROWN***

(BESTWOOD) (ANNESLEY)

now this is a rarity with Jim & Steve playing back to back hopefully for a couple of hours.....

plus our resident DJ's

Contact

Tracey/Andy - 07920004593 / 07917390629

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Back off my holidays and ready for the Brit and really looking forward to it . Cant wait to get behind the decks with Steve along side,last time we had a ball although it did turn into a bit of a marathon session :lol: not sure what our agenda is,dont think we have one to be honest,just gonna see what happens i suppose.One thig for sure the music will be very good even if i do say so myself :unsure:

Back off my holidays and ready for the Brit and really looking forward to it . Cant wait to get behind the decks with Steve along side,last time we had a ball although it did turn into a bit of a marathon session :lol: not sure what our agenda is,dont think we have one to be honest,just gonna see what happens i suppose.One thig for sure the music will be very good even if i do say so myself :unsure:

:P hope you had a fab holiday......

agenda whats one of those ????? you and Steve are hitting the decks at 10 p.m. (prime time).... probably drag you off the decks kicking and screaming a week later.....

you know our policy .... enjoy yourself behind the decks.....

Hoping to get the Palais tickets in time for SALE saturday .... :lol:

:lol: hope you had a fab holiday......

agenda whats one of those ????? you and Steve are hitting the decks at 10 p.m. (prime time).... probably drag you off the decks kicking and screaming a week later.....

you know our policy .... enjoy yourself behind the decks.....

Hoping to get the Palais tickets in time for SALE saturday .... rolleyes.gif

Bloody hell Jim,

We'll be well oiled by then :lol: so it should be an entertaining spot one way or the other :lol:

I'll pm you later Jim about picking you and Di up Saturday night.

All the best

Steve B

Guest soul bandit
Hey up Steve,i might need some help to see what tunes im putting on :lol::thumbup:
Don't forget I've still got your head Jim.. Or do you prefer the temporary one..,

post-9460-1220507070_thumb.jpg

Guest Fatius Bumius

Helloooooo

I'll be there, hopefully be out of holiday mode by then and i'll take my sunglasses off :lol:

10 o'clock spot for those pair, crikey me, mindya, see your logic, you are hoping the 10 o'clock horses will come and take them away ha ha he he :rolleyes:

10 O'clock horses

'Get to bed before the 10 o'clock horses get ya!

'That's what we were told by our mums and dads to get us to bed when we were young. The thought of headless horsemen racing through the streets certainly did get us into bed but I think it also affected our minds in a somewhat disturbing way to the point of us becoming the 10 o'clock horses 'the people your mother warned you about! '

In reality though the 10 o clock horses ( also referred to as the gong men , night riders among others ) were no more than people that use to come with the horse and cart and collect all of the human waste from the bottom of the garden toilet late at night ,It is also believed that they used the nitrate out of the waste to make gunpowder!

Helloooooo

I'll be there, hopefully be out of holiday mode by then and i'll take my sunglasses off :ohmy:

10 o'clock spot for those pair, crikey me, mindya, see your logic, you are hoping the 10 o'clock horses will come and take them away ha ha he he :ohmy:

10 O'clock horses

'Get to bed before the 10 o'clock horses get ya!

'That's what we were told by our mums and dads to get us to bed when we were young. The thought of headless horsemen racing through the streets certainly did get us into bed but I think it also affected our minds in a somewhat disturbing way to the point of us becoming the 10 o'clock horses 'the people your mother warned you about! '

In reality though the 10 o clock horses ( also referred to as the gong men , night riders among others ) were no more than people that use to come with the horse and cart and collect all of the human waste from the bottom of the garden toilet late at night ,It is also believed that they used the nitrate out of the waste to make gunpowder!

ohmy.gif Oh My Days :yes: ...... I remember that saying.... but my dad said 10 o'clock 'Hosse's'..... how quick was we up them stairs........

Back to the 'Brit'...... 10 o'clock prime time........ put them on the Shandy's Di.......

Ive got the warm up spot this week....... gets me off the door for a bit..... rolleyes.gif

See ya Saturday ....

Betty x

:lol: Oh My Days :lol: ...... I remember that saying.... but my dad said 10 o'clock 'Hosse's'..... how quick was we up them stairs........

Back to the 'Brit'...... 10 o'clock prime time........ put them on the Shandy's Di.......

Ive got the warm up spot this week....... gets me off the door for a bit..... :rolleyes:

See ya Saturday ....

Betty x

ohmy.gif not a chance laugh.gif

Not sure what time we will be there got sort that out with Mr Brown.Make sure there is plenty of room for the tunes cos i dont travel light :lol::D

:D not a chance :yes:

Not sure what time we will be there got sort that out with Mr Brown.Make sure there is plenty of room for the tunes cos i dont travel light :lol::yes:

:lol: best put you on at 8 p.m. then :yes:

Edited by Bettyboop

:lol: not a chance :D

Not sure what time we will be there got sort that out with Mr Brown.Make sure there is plenty of room for the tunes cos i dont travel light :lol::yes:

:yes::yes:

DJ times

8 til 9 Tracey (The Boop)

9 til 10 Al Taylor

10 til 11.30'ish Steve & Jim

11.30 til close Andy Harrison

:lol::rolleyes:

DJ times

8 til 9 Tracey (The Boop)

9 til 10 Al Taylor

10 til 11.30'ish Steve & Jim

11.30 til close Andy Harrison

Times subject to change............ :lol:

we will be announcing the full details of the 'Palais All Dayer' i.e. guest's and DJ line up at The Brit tonight...... tickets go on sale Monday...........

Guest Fatius Bumius

Should make it for just after 8 :lol: , write your first couple of tracks down Boop, just to save Steve & Jim repeating them at 10 :g: , they'll be incoherent at 10!

Steve 2 Jags and Mrs Karen are picking me up at 7.30, travelling in style in a Jag and not my usual Trent bus :wave:

Cya inner bit x

Should make it for just after 8 :D , write your first couple of tracks down Boop, just to save Steve & Jim repeating them at 10 :lol: , they'll be incoherent at 10!

Steve 2 Jags and Mrs Karen are picking me up at 7.30, travelling in style in a Jag and not my usual Trent bus :D

Cya inner bit x

:g: stopping for a booze first :wave:

Repeat plays.we most probably do that in our own spot :lol::)

Di have you got any requests....other than SACK THE DJs laugh.gif

Edited by JMYTG
Guest Fatius Bumius

Ay up

Request, yeah, I whisper it :wave: , cos you don't want folks to know the playlist beforehand do you now....not heard out for donkeys and I don't care who slags it off (cos you will get the blame anyway :lol: ) Wall Of Sound - Hang On.

Mebee a bit o' Toni Basil, and ermmmm Tony Middleton, ermmm, that Tingle thingy,how about you give me your records and I DJ? Thought not :) .

Serious Request: Somat that fits my ever expanding Greek waistline that does not involve my pyjamas, my nasty Gimme Gimme Gimme jogging bottoms or me dads overalls I paint in :g:

Hope 2 Jags has got some good suspension on his pap-pap :lol:

Should make it for just after 8 :D , write your first couple of tracks down Boop, just to save Steve & Jim repeating them at 10 :lol: , they'll be incoherent at 10!

Steve 2 Jags and Mrs Karen are picking me up at 7.30, travelling in style in a Jag and not my usual Trent bus :)

Cya inner bit x

for my first couple of tracks iam gonna be spinning :D

Ron Moody & The Centaurs - The New Breed - Columbia

The Falcons - I'm a Fool I Must Love You..... Big Wheel

The New Breed because it is the 'NEW' Brit's signature tune......

and The Falcons because............. they are coming to Nottingham next year....... live and exclusive ..........

The 'BOOP'

Ay up

Request, yeah, I whisper it :lol: , cos you don't want folks to know the playlist beforehand do you now....not heard out for donkeys and I don't care who slags it off (cos you will get the blame anyway :D ) Wall Of Sound - Hang On.

Mebee a bit o' Toni Basil, and ermmmm Tony Middleton, ermmm, that Tingle thingy,how about you give me your records and I DJ? Thought not :D .

Serious Request: Somat that fits my ever expanding Greek waistline that does not involve my pyjamas, my nasty Gimme Gimme Gimme jogging bottoms or me dads overalls I paint in :D

Hope 2 Jags has got some good suspension on his pap-pap :lol:

:) "THE TINGLE" i think you mean :lol:

Guest Fatius Bumius

:) "THE TINGLE" i think you mean :D

Alreeeeeeet smart ar$e :lol:

Infact, no requests whatsoever from me...might mean I will HAVE/WANT to dance to YOUR records at 10 once a beer or two's in my system, can't have that nan-nooooo :lol:

Have you got Ghost in My House, The Snake instead, ? :D

Guest soul bandit

Alreeeeeeet smart ar$e :D

Infact, no requests whatsoever from me...might mean I will HAVE/WANT to dance to YOUR records at 10 once a beer or two's in my system, can't have that nan-nooooo :lol:

Have you got Ghost in My House, The Snake instead, ? :D

I could play 'stoned love' if you like... i've had requests for it :)

Guest soul bandit

I did not realise the Palais had been re-opened, what night is it on, try to get there next month.

We've opened THE PALAIS for one day only..... MONDAY 13th APRIL..... EASTER MONDAY 2009.....

MID-DAY TIL MID-NITE..... THE COUNTRIES TOP JOCKS..... 4 ROOMS OF MAGIC INCLUDING A LIVE PERFORMANCE

FROM THE FALCONS..... AND ALL FOR JUST £15-00..... WOT A BARGAIN.....

TICKETS ONLY FROM MANY OUTLETS ACROSS THE GLOBE.....

ATB ANDY :D

We've opened THE PALAIS for one day only..... MONDAY 13th APRIL..... EASTER MONDAY 2009.....

MID-DAY TIL MID-NITE..... THE COUNTRIES TOP JOCKS..... 4 ROOMS OF MAGIC INCLUDING A LIVE PERFORMANCE

FROM THE FALCONS..... AND ALL FOR JUST £15-00..... WOT A BARGAIN.....

TICKETS ONLY FROM MANY OUTLETS ACROSS THE GLOBE.....

ATB ANDY :D

Not really re-opened then sorry must have read it wrong