The Intertains - Glad I Found You / Need Your Love

The Intertains - glad I found you / need your love. Uptown 729 white demo

My copy has "Glad I found" you and "Need your love" on each side.

Now the copy on John Manships auction has Glad I Found You c/w I've Got To Find Out For Myself

But when you click the sound bite John has put up with it - it plays "Glad I found you" and then "Need your love" (the same as my copy) ???????

So my question is - Is it a label printing error on some copy's or is "Ive got to find out for myself actually" a different tune on some presses.

If it is a different tune would someone post it in refo-soul so I can hear it!

Thanks again in advance guys!

Mossy

Edited by mossy
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Intertains - glad I found you / need your love. Uptown 729 white demo

My copy has "Glad I found" you and "Need your love" on each side.

Now the copy on John Manships auction has Glad I Found You c/w I've Got To Find Out For Myself

But when you click the sound bite John has put up with it - it plays "Glad I found you" and then "Need your love" (the same as my copy) ???????

So my question is - Is it a label printing error on some copy's or is "Ive got to find out for myself actually" a different tune on some presses.

If it is a different tune would someone post it in refo-soul so I can hear it!

Thanks again in advance guys!

Mossy

interesting, I would like to know this too...

Social source share

I always thought it came out twice, one with 'I Need Your Love' and another with the other flip ('I've Got To Find...').

As far as I am aware, 'I Need Your Love' is a better side than 'I've Got To Find...'

Think John Manship just made an error in his sound file.

It's only what I've heard though, so not 100%.

Social source share

I always thought it came out twice, one with 'I Need Your Love' and another with the other flip ('I've Got To Find...').

As far as I am aware, 'I Need Your Love' is a better side than 'I've Got To Find...'

"I need your love" is indeed a beautiful tune IMO,

But I have never heard the "Ive got to find" and Its not on refosoul ???

like I mentioned - If it is another tune and not just a label mistake I would love to hear it !

Come on someone ! - Clear this up for me ! laugh.gif

Social source share

Don't know if came out twice.... thought it was just a case of different flip on the demo and issue....

JM lists "I've Gotta Find Out For Myself" as the flip on the issue and "Need Your Love" as the flip on the demo.... just assumed this was a typing error in the guide as I have the issue which has "Need Your Love" as the flip....

Social source share

Don't know if came out twice.... thought it was just a case of different flip on the demo and issue....

JM lists "I've Gotta Find Out For Myself" as the flip on the issue and "Need Your Love" as the flip on the demo.... just assumed this was a typing error in the guide as I have the issue which has "Need Your Love" as the flip....

The couple of issues that I have seen have "Need your love" on the flip and my demo is the same ! I have not seen a demo or an issue with with "Ive gotta find out for myself " on it !

I have never heard this tune ! Was it a JM typing error or a Uptown typing error ???? Or a real Intertains tune ?

Has anyone got this tune !!!!

Mossy

Edited by mossy
Social source share

The couple of issues that I have seen have "Need your love" on the flip and my demo is the same ! I have not seen a demo or an issue with with "Ive gotta find out for myself " on it !

I have never heard this tune ! Was it a JM typing error or a Uptown typing error ???? Or a real Intertains tune ?

Has anyone got this tune !!!!

Mossy

It's definitely not a JM typing error, it's listed that way elsewhere. My question is just whether there really is a different track called that or that it's listed that way on the label but the same track.

Social source share

It's definitely not a JM typing error, it's listed that way elsewhere. My question is just whether there really is a different track called that or that it's listed that way on the label but the same track.

Thats what I want to know ! But at the moment its a case of "You gotta find out for yourself" :ohmy:

I think it could be a label error by uptown - because there is no sign of a track called "you got to find out for yourself"..................or is there ?

Not here on refosoul - or anywhere I can see !

But I have yet to see a scan of the label with "you got to find out for yourself" either !!!

Come on John Manship. Or do we need Scooby Doo to find out whats going on ? :ohmy:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

According to SHS book it came out twice on "Uptown" 729,

Glad i found you/I`ve gotta find out for myself 1966

Glad i found you/Need your love 1966

in all they had 4 releases on "Uptown".

717 1965

729 1966

729 1966

730 1966

Dave f.............

the soul harmony singles book is wrong, the last title is an unrelated garage record by "the interns", it tooks me years to figure that out! There is just 717 and 729. There are weird similar errors in the book, for example, the first shades of brown record listed is an unrelated garage group called "the shades".

Social source share

According to SHS book it came out twice on "Uptown" 729,

Glad i found you/I`ve gotta find out for myself 1966

Glad i found you/Need your love 1966

in all they had 4 releases on "Uptown".

717 1965

729 1966

729 1966

730 1966

Dave f.............

Thanks Dave. I realise that the supposed other flip side has been documented (by John Manship too) and this 45 is supposed to have 2 different B sides, but I must admit I have never heard or seen a copy with "Ive gotta find out for myself" on the B side.

I just want to hear this " Ive got to find out for myself" track by the Intertains ! Otherwise I would go for a printing error by "Uptown"

And a mistake in the books ?????????

Social source share

the soul harmony singles book is wrong, the last title is an unrelated garage record by "the interns", it tooks me years to figure that out! There is just 717 and 729. There are weird similar errors in the book, for example, the first shades of brown record listed is an unrelated garage group called "the shades".

So they stuck the wrong labels on a few in the factory as the names of the bands were similar !!!!! I guess we found out ourselves Boba !!!! :lol:

FANTASTIC !!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!