Hank Hodge - One Way Love

Tommaso

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Am I right in thinking the Hank Hodge 45s are from Florida? I thought long and hard about buying Thank You Girl when it first turned up, but his voice sounded just a tad 'white' for me (that's not to say he was a white vocalist). Eye For An Eye is in a different league rarity-wise to this release.

Social source share

Am I right in thinking the Hank Hodge 45s are from Florida? I thought long and hard about buying Thank You Girl when it first turned up, but his voice sounded just a tad 'white' for me (that's not to say he was a white vocalist). Eye For An Eye is in a different league rarity-wise to this release.

Who plays that "Eye for an Eye" :) it sounds dodgey ohmy.gif

Social source share

Scans anyone, Zell's is NYC so obviously Florida would make it unlikely.

I can't be sure about the Florida location, Ady. It's been a long time since I've seen the actual records involved, but seem to remember other names on the label that linked them to other Florida indie releases: possibly the same people behind some of the Gene Middleton records on various labels. As you say, scans would be useful. Eye For An Eye is very rare, but Thank You Girl should be in a few collections.

Social source share

Pretty sure that we turned these up first in Florida about 82, in Edna Minors warehouse that had been pillaged by Butch/Tim over the years. Pretty sure Colin Law was first to play this as we covered it up after Stateside trip in about 82.

Howver my memory is not what it was so happy to be corrected.

Fantastic record in my ears Gareth, not often we disagreee but love the bass on this onw,

Social source share

"One way love" played late eighties by Colin Law covered as Lou D Washington.

Foolishly sold mine for £40 early nineties , only seen a few since.

Ooops sorry Mark, should have read all the way through first, think Colin was playing it Blackburn so maybe a bit earlier.

PS Deeks or not, still a bit nervous!

Social source share

• 10 years later...
On 04/09/2008 at 18:25, ady croasdell said:

Scans anyone, Zell's is NYC so obviously Florida would make it unlikely.

I know it's been ages 10 years and I am new to soul source but, I reckon it might just be this Gentleman and he came out on one of the Kent CD's

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=158626213

https://acerecords.co.uk/j-s-harlem-soul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!